How about Farve to Buffalo for a one year deal?

Tipster19

Realizing that we're not going to change our coaching personnel leaves me discouraged about our future more than ever before with this team. One thing with Farve is that he does play with passion and he's a cold weather QB who doesn't have to wear a glove to throw the ball. I think that he's all done in New York and if he wants to play one more year than why not us? He would at least bring leadership to our offense and would be a better mentor to Edwards than anyone else that we currently have on staff. I wouldn't even mind the down the field INTs because that would mean that we are at least throwing the ball and not just for 10 yard digs.

Did you watch Favre play at all this year? He's horrible. And I'm not exaggerating. I don't simply mean that his skills are not what they once were, the man is a terrible quarterback now.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you watch Favre play at all this year? He's horrible. And I'm not exaggerating. I don't simply mean that his skills are not what they once were, the man is a terrible quarterback now.

All I know is that the "experts" were talking about a subway Super Bowl about 4 or 5 weeks ago. Hey, what do I know, I'm just another brick in the wall.

You may be right about this, however Favre would get us a few more wins if we had him, no doubt. Just the threat of a deep ball connecting would soften up defenses.

precisely how many deep balls did Lord Favre throw this year? I'll bet it's less than 5, same as the guy we've got now.

In the words of WFAN'S resident Jet fanatic/radio host Joe Beningo concerning Favre

"Get outta here You're done, finished. Pack it up. You have Nothing left. Go Back to Mississippi and go fishing with Mike Holmgren or something".

The Jets would gladly give us Favre. The guy is toast.

All I know is that the "experts" were talking about a subway Super Bowl about 4 or 5 weeks ago. Hey, what do I know, I'm just another brick in the wall.

I'm not picking on you here, but those same "experts" will tell you that he's the one that cost them their playoff berth. Even Thomas Jones, the team's MVP, came out and said that very thing today:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/01/...ed-by-jets-mvp/

the guy is done.

You may be right about this, however Favre would get us a few more wins if we had him, no doubt. Just the threat of a deep ball connecting would soften up defenses.

You may be right about that (sometimes the reason the Bills don't go deep is because Trent chooses to dump off, I think), but I think Brett's turnovers would cost them more, in the final analysis.

I'm not picking on you here, but those same "experts" will tell you that he's the one that cost them their playoff berth. Even Thomas Jones, the team's MVP, came out and said that very thing today:

the guy is done.

The guy was awful, and defenses no longer respect him. The guy outside of throwing it dustin keller was almost useless as a quarterback. Cotchery's production was down pretty far, and favre floated a lot of passes. For a team that often criticized Pennington for his less then ideal arm strength. The so called "Gotham Gunslinger" look like he was throwing packets of tissues. The guy they let go for this abomination, well we know the story. The jets didnt win more games because of Favre. They added a lot of offseason pieces, who for a time hid their decencies. Got a Great year out of Thomas Jones. Once Jones, and Kris Jenkins production went down, Favre was incapable of leading the jets to wins, let alone points.

The guy was awful, and defenses no longer respect him. The guy outside of throwing it dustin keller was almost useless as a quarterback. Cotchery's production was down pretty far, and favre floated a lot of passes. For a team that often criticized Pennington for his less then ideal arm strength. The so called "Gotham Gunslinger" look like he was throwing packets of tissues. The guy they let go for this abomination, well we know the story. The jets didnt win more games because of Favre. They added a lot of offseason pieces, who for a time hid their decencies. Got a Great year out of Thomas Jones. Once Jones, and Kris Jenkins production went down, Favre was incapable of leading the jets to wins, let alone points.

The Jets were 10-6 two years ago. Yes, they had a down year, last year. But they spent an ENORMOUS amount of money in FA...and that was before getting Favre. They finished 9-7, and missed the playoffs...HC fired. Hey, maybe Brett IS the answer. :wallbash:

Favre had double the TDs as Trent and more importantly more W's. If you guys think we don't need a QB to win games maybe we should look at franchising Losman to make sure we don't lose him!

Are you giving Brett the win over the Bills? Give that win to Jauron, with an assist from JP.

Favre had double the TDs as Trent and more importantly more W's. If you guys think we don't need a QB to win games maybe we should look at franchising Losman to make sure we don't lose him!

12 of those 22 tds came in the first 4 games. 6 in the zona game. Post bye week Favre had 5 games without a td pass. 18 picks to just 10 tds. Not once during the season did Favre throw over 300 yards. He didnt break 250 since week 11 at NE. He did not win games for the jets

For starters, QBs don't "provide wins"...they help lead the team to wins.

Now that is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. What, is this the era of the leather helmets??? I guess the Mannings and Brady don't matter.

the guy is done.

That's ok, no offense taken but that's the problem, no offense. People want to point out Farve's INTs (22) but neglect his TDs (22). That's twice as much as Edwards' TDs (11) and he played in all 16 games.

I take Thomas Jones with a grain of salt. I remember him complaining about something at just about every stop he's been at.

The Jets were 10-6 two years ago. Yes, they had a down year, last year. But they spent an ENORMOUS amount of money in FA...and that was before getting Favre. They finished 9-7, and missed the playoffs...HC fired. Hey, maybe Brett IS the answer. :wallbash:

For that reason alone I'd like the Bills to consider it :wub:

Realizing that we're not going to change our coaching personnel leaves me discouraged about our future more than ever before with this team. One thing with Farve is that he does play with passion and he's a cold weather QB who doesn't have to wear a glove to throw the ball. I think that he's all done in New York and if he wants to play one more year than why not us? He would at least bring leadership to our offense and would be a better mentor to Edwards than anyone else that we currently have on staff. I wouldn't even mind the down the field INTs because that would mean that we are at least throwing the ball and not just for 10 yard digs.

No changes at that level.

Get off the drugs!!!!!!!!!!

Now that is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. What, is this the era of the leather helmets??? I guess the Mannings and Brady don't matter.

Now that is about the most ridiculous interpretation of what I posted, that I have ever read. Did I say that QBs don't matter? Do LTs matter? Do DTS matter? Wow!

You just can't assign wins, in a team game, to any one player. The player CONTRIBUTES to a win, LEADS his team to a win, but does not "provide one".

You say Brady, I say Steve Young. Why didn't he simply provide some wins in Tampa Bay the way he choose to provide them in San Francisco? What a prick that guy was to hold out on those wins. :wallbash:

Can we close this ridiculous idea now?