Dick Clark

mead107

I spent 40 years watching him and thinking "God he never gets old", but after his stroke, it is hard to watch him,and American Icon, struggle just to talk. He is a legend, but it probably is time for him to enjoy his life out of the public eye, if he can do that.

My wife said with all the plastic surgery he has had he didn't look quite REAL, then when he talks after the stroke combined with his looks, he looks like a puppet.

Only in Hollywood, one worries about plastic surgery after a life-debilitating stroke.

Doctor: You need to continue your rehab, Mr.Clark.

Dick: I c-c-can't. P-p-pula-s-stic s-surg-ery first!

You can look at it two ways... first, he's an old dude that just can't give it up and should get the hell out of the public eye. Or, you can see it as something that keeps him going and a bit of a tribute to those that suffer the same fate. With the exception of this, he's largely never seen. Even with New Years Eve, he only does small segments.

I may be in the minority, but I think it's nice to see him make the effort to do those little segments after what's happened to him.

Glad he has made it back from his stroke .But at 79 years old , past time to put him in the history books .

Give the dude his last momements in the spotlight. Maybe he should do a few depends commercials. It sucks to get old. Hope I just drop dead while drinking a beer and watching a Bills game when i am about 85.

probably is time for him to enjoy his life out of the public eye, if he can do that.

That shouldn't be hard. I'm sure the coffin in which he spends his days, is out of the public eye.