DE Prospects are playing tonight

Georgia Tech and LSU will be kicking off momentarily. It will be a good chance to watch Michael Johnson(G.T.) and Tyson Jackson (LSU) play as they are two of the top DE prospects in the draft. Those of you who read TSW know that I'm an Everette Brown guy, but I will monitor these guys tonight.

how did Johnson play? I saw he had a sack early on, but he looks like he takes some plays off.

I watched the first half, and for my part, I was very unimpressed. No one attempted to block him on the sack he had. Otherwise, he was a complete non-factor, particularly in the running game. They were blocking him successfully one-on-one with TEs at times on runs. He had one pressure and forced the QB to roll out, but it was on a stunt inside and the C or RG did manage to put him on the ground on the play. Otherwise, the LSU tackles shut him down completely from what I saw.

I watched the first half, and for my part, I was very unimpressed. No one attempted to block him on the sack he had. Otherwise, he was a complete non-factor, particularly in the running game. They were blocking him successfully one-on-one with TEs at times on runs. He had one pressure and forced the QB to roll out, but it was on a stunt inside and the C or RG did manage to put him on the ground on the play. Otherwise, the LSU tackles shut him down completely from what I saw.

Don't forget the dumb penalty he took which erased the only GT touchdown. (Roughing the passer, well after the ball was released.) I bet he still ends being drafted in the early-mid first round due to his physical attributes though.

Don't forget the dumb penalty he took which erased the only GT touchdown. (Roughing the passer, well after the ball was released.) I bet he still ends being drafted in the early-mid first round due to his physical attributes though.

I didn't see that one, but he did keep an LSU TD drive going earlier in the game with an offsides penalty, too.

You're right, someone will draft him very high, and based upon what I saw, I hope its not the Bills. If it weren't for all the hype, I think he'd probably be looked upon as a third or fourth round project. Yikes.

Gotta love those college prospect DL playing in a bowl game.

I remember a couple years ago thinking, hey that LSU DL Kyle Williams looked pretty good.

Then we drafed him :beer:

Are you suggesting that Williams has under-delivered for a 5th round pick?