Calif. Taxpayers Due Refunds May Instead Get IOUs

It's when the government gives you money, but neglects to tell you it's your own money that they've held on to for the past year and have paid you no interest on they're giving you, so you think they're doing you a favor.

You forgot the part I added in bold.

You forgot the part I added in bold.

No, I didn't. I thought it was self-evident.

I tried explaining that to my wife last night. "But I like getting a refund. It's like found money. I don't understand why we don't get more back." Because it's MY money, I don't want the government to hold on to it for me for a year for no reason. :devil:

I tried explaining that to my wife last night. "But I like getting a refund. It's like found money. I don't understand why we don't get more back." Because it's MY money, I don't want the government to hold on to it for me for a year for no reason. :devil:

I explain it with a question. I ask would you do business with a bank that when you gave them money they paid your zero interest on your money and when you wanted it they told you to wait until next year and then you can fill out a form and we'll give it back to you. Most say no and then I tell them that's exactly what they're doing. Oh and by the way, they feds tax your state refund.

I love the people who use their refund to pay off their credit cards. Don't get me started on THAT one.

Somebody in the government actually has the reason sitting on their desk- they just can't find it under all the paperwork :P

I love the people who use their refund to pay off their credit cards. Don't get me started on THAT one.

Which is my wife's plan... :devil:

Of course, this is the same woman who one year decided to raise her exemptions to FOURTEEN...and didn't tell me until I did our taxes and found out we owed twelve thousand dollars (plus penalties, of course). My wife is many things. "Financially saavy" is not one of them.

Which is my wife's plan... :wallbash:

Of course, this is the same woman who one year decided to raise her exemptions to FOURTEEN...and didn't tell me until I did our taxes and found out we owed twelve thousand dollars (plus penalties, of course). My wife is many things. "Financially saavy" is not one of them.

She is running a Ponzi scheme......on you :angry:

Why 14?? Why not 10, or a hundred?

Well now it's best that she did that because I assume that the $12k that she should of paid in taxes and didn't was put to good use and returned a lot more that the penalties that you had to pay.

What??

And BTW I don't pay any estimated taxes. Even with the penalty I prefer the liquidity throughout the year.