Ralph called Kilgore

cale

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/story.aspx?stor...100&catid=4

I'm a loyal guy. I also like to think I am a reasonable person. But I need to not feel like an idiot for supporting this team. Maybe it's just time to support the hometown Titans. The owner is an idiot but at least he knows how to run his football business.

Aiy, so sad.

C

Good to see Ed asking those important hard-hitting questions which are the absolute foremost priority of all Bills fans at this time - "How are you doing?" :lol:

Quantcast

Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson called Channel 2 Sports Director Ed Kilgore late Tuesday afternoon following his press release that the Bills will retain Dick Jauron as head coach.

"I hope its for the best of the team...we hope to improve the team", Wilson said, adding "it wasn't that tough a decision for me at all, it was for everybody else!" , which was followed by a big chuckle.

Wilson confirmed to Kilgore that Jauron has, indeed, signed a new contract extension, but Wilson said he'd rather not get into the specifics of earlier reports it is a three year deal.

As for any assistant coaching changes, Wilson said "I really don't think that will happen, and if it does, that's totally up to Dick".

How about front office or scouting staff changes? "Naw, I don't think we'll be making any changes there either", Wilson said.

When I asked Wilson if he felt disgruntled fans who felt Jauron should be fired might not renew season tickets, he just laughed and said "they're losing season tickets all over the league, and it's mostly the economy". In other words, his decision to retain Jauron isn't really based on the bottom line.

Wilson also said, when I asked him how he's doing, "I'm hanging in there pretty good for an old guy", and he did say he's happy to have the decision about Jauron out of the way so that everybody in the organization can move forward.

wgrz.com

I cant take it......I dont even know what to say, didnt Ralph say we didnt have talent? Well talent is provided by scouting dept.......

I wonder if anything could be pulled out of the quote you bolded. Is he really saying that everyone else thought he should go and he was the lone person who thought he should stay?

It sort of sounds that way. Maybe Brandon was (responsibly) fairly concerned about the marketing consequences of this (lack of) decision?

It sort of sounds that way. Maybe Brandon was (responsibly) fairly concerned about the marketing consequences of this (lack of) decision?

Assuming Brandon isn't a drooling, window-licking idiot - I would venture to say "suicide" came out of his mouth at least a dozen times during that meeting.

"When I asked Wilson if he felt disgruntled fans who felt Jauron should be fired might not renew season tickets, he just laughed and said "they're losing season tickets all over the league, and it's mostly the economy". In other words, his decision to retain Jauron isn't really based on the bottom line."

When the season ticket holders call and cancel, go ahead and keep telling yourself it's the economy, you jackass.

I really hope that when STH do cancel they are sure to explicitly tell them that it is due to this mindbogglingly, monumentally stupid decision.

And the treadmill to mediocrity continues.... :lol::wallbash::worthy:

The most discouraging thing in that article is what Bmwolf made light of: Wilson's early justification for a decline in season tickets.

I guess no matter what people do regarding ticket cancellations, it won't change Wilson's mind; he'll just delude himself into thinking it is 100 percent economy-related.

God, help us all.

The most discouraging thing in that article is what Bmwolf made light of: Wilson's early justification for a decline in season tickets.

I guess no matter what people do regarding ticket cancellations, it won't change Wilson's mind; he'll just delude himself into thinking it is 100 percent economy-related.

God, help us all.

Amen.

Here's my interpretation:

Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson called Channel 2 Sports Director Ed Kilgore late Tuesday afternoon following his press release that the Bills will retain Dick Jauron as head coach.

"I hope its for the best of the team...we hope to improve the team", Wilson said, adding "it wasn't that tough a decision for me at all, it was for everybody else!" , which was followed by a big chuckle.

In other words, even though my "inner circle" wanted changes, I basically over-rided all decisions because I'm not about to eat money on a new contract and spend twice that to find a winning coach We'll just "hope" it works out with this loser while I continue to bankroll my money.

Wilson confirmed to Kilgore that Jauron has, indeed, signed a new contract extension, but Wilson said he'd rather not get into the specifics of earlier reports it is a three year deal.

As for any assistant coaching changes, Wilson said "I really don't think that will happen, and if it does, that's totally up to Dick".

I really don't care what Dick does as long as it doesn't cost me more money.

How about front office or scouting staff changes? "Naw, I don't think we'll be making any changes there either", Wilson said.

When I asked Wilson if he felt disgruntled fans who felt Jauron should be fired might not renew season tickets, he just laughed and said "they're losing season tickets all over the league, and it's mostly the economy". In other words, his decision to retain Jauron isn't really based on the bottom line.

Well, if that's how they feel about it then I just won't spend any money on free agents and we'll go into next year with the same roster.

Wilson also said, when I asked him how he's doing, "I'm hanging in there pretty good for an old guy", and he did say he's happy to have the decision about Jauron out of the way so that everybody in the organization can move forward.

wgrz.com

Croak you old bastard!

When the season ticket holders call and cancel, go ahead and keep telling yourself it's the economy, you jackass.

I really hope that when STH do cancel they are sure to explicitly tell them that it is due to this mindbogglingly, monumentally stupid decision.

That was the single comment that pissed Me off the most...Sure looks like Ralph has his excuses firmly intact already...The economy! Sure Ralph...Nothing to do with the losing...It's the economy stupid!

I hope He knows there is NO SPINNING this mess...When the Bills finish dead last in the Division again in 09 what will the excuse be then? Global warming? :thumbsup:

this may be horrible to say but i honestly look forward to the day this a**hole dies. he isn't doing anything but holding this team back. i know he is "keeping our team here" but at this point if he dies and the team moves at least i can move my loyalty to a team that actually cares about winning. i hate to say it but it is how i feel. i am 20 year bills fan so sick of mediocrity. i would be better off investing my $400 each spring into my boat rather than bills season tickets.

And the treadmill to mediocrity continues.... :thumbsup::wallbash: :wallbash:

God, help us all.

Agreed. This is beyond exasperating. For the first time in my life as a Bills fan, I pray that nobody...and I mean NOBODY goes to any of their games next year. I know that's not realistic but Jesus H! When is enough a fuggin' enough??!! I'm sick and tired of watching that old douchebag Wilson run this franchise into the ground and making it the laughing stock of the sports world. How can The Dick Jauron be retained after three consecutive 7-9 seasons, with this year's 2-8 finish, 3-5 home record, and 0-6 division record constituting the worst of the three? How exactly is this "progress"??? The players "play hard" for him? So what...they don't play well for him. Mike Shanahan has a million times the resume than that of The Dick, yet Shanny's choke down the stretch this year cost him his job...but The Teflon Dick keeps bumbling and plodding merrily along. So turning over the coaching staff would hurt "continuity"?? Sure it would...whatever. It really hurt Miami, Baltimore, and Atlanta this year, right Ralph???? Besides, what continuity are you messing with after three straight 7-9 seasons? Are you afraid that a change will cost this franchise a shot at a team record fourth straight 7-9 season and tenth straight non-playoff campaign??! So you share the fans' frustration with the team's offensive woes yet you retain the guy (i.e., The Dick) who admitted calling the infamous Losman rollout against the Jest?? Oh, and his entire coaching staff (including the offensive coordinator), lock-stock-and-barrell??!!!!! What a pathetic, spineless, coaching-cheap, excuse-making-SOB of an "owner" you are. The NFL and hard working, hard-paying Bills fans in particular deserve a hell of a lot better. If you're going to retain this proven loser, please don't insult our intelligence as football fans. God knows there's a shiteload more of it on this board (scary, I know) than in the offices at One Bills Drive and at one particular mansion in Detroit. End of rant (for now).

this may be horrible to say but i honestly look forward to the day this a**hole dies. he isn't doing anything but holding this team back. i know he is "keeping our team here" but at this point if he dies and the team moves at least i can move my loyalty to a team that actually cares about winning. i hate to say it but it is how i feel. i am 20 year bills fan so sick of mediocrity. i would be better off investing my $400 each spring into my boat rather than bills season tickets.

"OVER THE LINE!" "YOU WERE OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!"- Walter Sobcheck