No Changes Coming Can Only Mean ONE Thing

BrooklynBills

Ralph doesn't give a poop about Bills fans. If he did , he would have sold the team or at least taken steps to ensure the team stays in Buffalo after his death. Whoever heard of auctioning off an NFL team? His final legacy will be moving trucks lining up at One Bills Drive and screwing the fans one last time.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Using a little foresight.

That is one thing that I just can't understand. Why does Ralph seem to have NO foresight?

He obviously does not care anymore (if he ever did).

Why not sell an interest in the team to someone willing to keep the team in Buffalo.

Why not sell an interest in someone willing to pay a top notch staff.

How many times do I have this post before people stop obsessing about capital gains?

IF Ralph Wilson sells before he dies he will have to pay capital gains on almost every dollar of the team's worth. Why? Because he bought into the league with a very small investment (25K-50K) so that his basis is almost nothing in comparison. If he sells before his death then his heirs will have to pay estate taxes again on the proceeds, being taxed twice.

HOWEVER --> IF Ralph Wilson holds on to the team until he dies there will be no capital gains tax liability and his heirs will only have to pay the estate tax on the team's value.

(It is actually the estate that pays the taxes... but that's academic).

Ralph's heirs receive HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS MORE IF HE KEEPS THE TEAM UNTIL HIS DEATH. Obama's tax rates matter only in so far as they raise or lower the penalty.

Something does smell fishy. I have no idea what joy Wilson can take continuing on this path. He's 90 years old, has probably made/will make close to $1billion on his $50,000 investment, and is worried about $5 million he'd have to pay Jauron? Wilson is either the cheapest, bitter SOB in the world, or is selling the team.

i think your right on both accounts!

Don't count on it. I don't think you'll see any franchise movement in the next few years. The economy is going to keep any city from spending the amount of money necessary to bring in an NFL franchise. Even in Toronto. An NFL franchise is good for any city in the long run, but the start up costs are enormous. The budget deficits for all of the most-mentioned candidate cities are growing every month. In November, the NFL laid off over 1,000 people, and it's the dominant sport in this country. I think things are going to stay the way they are for a while.

This team is putting itself in position to be sold. No GM changes, no coaching changes, no big jumps in payroll. This is classic preparation for an ownership change. Especially with the talk of Obama raising the capital gains tax to a much higher level than it is now. I'm not saying this is something that will happen this offseason, but I expect this franchise to be sold within the next 3-4 years.

• 4 weeks later...

One thing that needs to be pointed out- the naming rights HAVE NOT been sold. Although Mr. Wilson has been ripped for that, maybe if he leaves the team to somebody who will keep them in Buffalo, the money from naming rights can pay off the gift tax or whatever needs to be paid.

Not saying that is the case, but it could be a possibility.

Its possible but that didn't stop Dolphins ownership from hiring Parcells and writing an opt-out clause into his contract in the event the team was sold. Using a little foresight. Estate tax rates are expected to be increased as well as capital gains.

Given all the talk we've heard about the Kelly group wanting to buy the team and keep it local I expect they'd be in the mix to buy the team when the time comes. We've also got some political heavyweights in our corner, Schumer and the Commissioner.

If they do move where would they go? Everybody keeps talking L.A. but I don't see it because California is broke. About $45 billion in the hole this year and with the cities near bankruptcy who is going to pay for a new stadium? Given the fiscal stress almost every state and city is going to face into the foreseeable future I suspect we're about to witness the end of taxpayer financed stadiums for private sports franchises.

I hope you are right. Sports owners have been ripping off the taxpayers for decades.

I know this is horrible, but I read your post then looked at your picture and I cant stop laughing!!!

Hold on a minute. Bill Bidwell of the cardinals has for years put the minimum he could in the team. He has done just enough to get people in the seats and nothing else. Now look, the cardinals are gonna win a super bowl. You just never know. All it took in AZ was some washed up QB to create team chemistry.

Hold on a minute. Bill Bidwell of the cardinals has for years put the minimum he could in the team. He has done just enough to get people in the seats and nothing else. Now look, the cardinals are gonna win a super bowl. You just never know. All it took in AZ was some washed up QB to create team chemistry.

Their O-line toughened up and improved a lot. They kill the QB on defense as well

I can see the OP's point. Lets say you're selling your house. And it needs some renovation. Would you put in big bucks to get the kitchen and bathrooms redone, or would you spend just a few bucks by slapping on some new paint and changing a few fixtures, knowing you're getting rid of the house? Not all that far-fetched.

What if you like the house just the way it is. People keep screaming at you that your house needs huge wholesale changes, but you simply don't believe it. You realize that in the 50 years you 've owned that house, people ALWAYS told you you needed wholesale changes. Sometimes they were right, but they told you the same thing the year before your house was rated #2 in the country for 4 straight years, and even at the end of those 4 top years people were screaming that you'd seen the top and everything was going downhill.

If that was your mindset, why would you make huge changes when you think things are headed in the right direction.

That is one thing that I just can't understand. Why does Ralph seem to have NO foresight?

He obviously does not care anymore (if he ever did).

Why not sell an interest in the team to someone willing to keep the team in Buffalo.

Why not sell an interest in someone willing to pay a top notch staff.

Because he enjoys owning the team?

No, no, it makes too much sense. It's too simple and obviously correct to be right.

Because he enjoys owning the team?

No, no, it makes too much sense. It's too simple and obviously correct to be right.

Ralph is just being ralph. he did this in the 70's and 80's, only to have the streak broken by Polian, and he fired him. Ralph has always been a pos owner

How many times do I have this post before people stop obsessing about capital gains?

IF Ralph Wilson sells before he dies he will have to pay capital gains on almost every dollar of the team's worth. Why? Because he bought into the league with a very small investment (25K-50K) so that his basis is almost nothing in comparison. If he sells before his death then his heirs will have to pay estate taxes again on the proceeds, being taxed twice.

HOWEVER --> IF Ralph Wilson holds on to the team until he dies there will be no capital gains tax liability and his heirs will only have to pay the estate tax on the team's value.

(It is actually the estate that pays the taxes... but that's academic).

Ralph's heirs receive HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS MORE IF HE KEEPS THE TEAM UNTIL HIS DEATH. Obama's tax rates matter only in so far as they raise or lower the penalty.

For God's sake, don't talk sense on a thread like this, based entirely on pointless rage, mindless venting and a tremendous urge to say something regardless of whether any logic or brains is involved. It's like talking to Old Faithful and saying "Wouldn't it be easier if you just trickled consistently?" These people let their frustration build up and when it's high enough and they can't recognize the difference between nonsense and truth, they spout off.

But I at least think you're on target and correct. Most more logical fans, though, read the first few posts and think "Why waste my time?"

One thing that needs to be pointed out- the naming rights HAVE NOT been sold. Although Mr. Wilson has been ripped for that, maybe if he leaves the team to somebody who will keep them in Buffalo, the money from naming rights can pay off the gift tax or whatever needs to be paid.

What will need to be paid are huge huge loan payments. The naming rights won't even put a little dent in those.

who would pay for naming rights? the team gets no national media exposure because the team sucks. And ratings for regional Bills games on TV are the lowest in the league (outside of the relatively tiny WNY population, who the heck gives a crap about the Bills game??) So the main body of people who see the name are a bunch a bombed 20-somethings who come to home games. I woundn't pay much to put my org's name on that piece of crap because no one will see the name..