Breaking News Shanahan fired!

thewildrabbit

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way Shanny doesn't have a HC job tomorrow is he's still mulling over the offers.

It depends. He could easily be burnt out. And because of this (alleged) $20 million, the offer and the length and the contract means squat to him. He could be like Cowher and just sit out a couple years, but a lot of these guys need the juice that they get from the work and competition and the Sundays. It depends on who offers him the job. If it's Detroit or another crappy team, maybe he doesn't want it for a couple years. I am not saying this has any probability whatsoever. But the fact the guy gets 20 mil regardless of what he does, makes what he decides to do a completely different ballgame.

It depends. He could easily be burnt out. And because of this (alleged) $20 million, the offer and the length and the contract means squat to him. He could be like Cowher and just sit out a couple years, but a lot of these guys need the juice that they get from the work and competition and the Sundays. It depends on who offers him the job. If it's Detroit or another crappy team, maybe he doesn't want it for a couple years. I am not saying this has any probability whatsoever. But the fact the guy gets 20 mil regardless of what he does, makes what he decides to do a completely different ballgame.

Very good point. I must say... if I had $20 mill in my pocket, no way I'm working next year. But, it'll almost certainly be his choice. He's perhaps one of the more respected coaches in the league, even talked about as being HOF caliber. He can literally have his pick of jobs.

My brother in law is Broncos fan. For years all he's clung to is trust in Shanny. I haven't called him, but I imagine he'll feel about like I do right now.

I'm now hearing that Pat Bowlen might have been listening to the fans who have been complaining about Shanahan not winning lately that caused him to fire Mike S, Bowlen lives in Denver. I suppose this is why Wilson lives in Detroit,to avoid the Buffalo media.

From Bill Belichick: there is no other coach in the NFL that gives us (the Patriots) more trouble then Mike Shanahan!

I find this day to be extremely depressing after hearing that Jauron and his entire staff of idiots will be retained and that the Patriots,Jets and Dolphins fans are all applauding Ralph Wilson's decision.

I'm now hearing that Pat Bowlen might have been listening to the fans who have been complaining about Shanahan not winning lately that caused him to fire Mike S, Bowlen lives in Denver. I suppose this is why Wilson lives in Detroit,to avoid the Buffalo media.

From Bill Belichick: there is no other coach in the NFL that gives us (the Patriots) more trouble then Mike Shanahan!

I find this day to be extremely depressing after hearing that Jauron and his entire staff of idiots will be retained and that the Patriots,Jets and Dolphins fans are all applauding Ralph Wilson's decision.

I'm the only Bronco fan here and I'm flabbergasted. I just can't believe it was done. I'm a fan and I didn't want Mike S. gone at all. The thought never crossed my mind.

I think Mike did a great job in the draft last year. It makes no sense. The defense sucks but he's been trying to fix that for a few years now.

I'm hearing that Alex Spanos the owner of the San Diego Chargers is suffering from dementia. Perhaps its like the Flu and its catching? Did Pat Bowlen and Ralph Wilson come into contact with Spanos recently?

If that is the case can we hope that Bowlen will try and lure Dick Jauron away from Buffalo for a job as Denver's new head coach and give him 6+ million a year,like Shanahan :censored:

Then the Bills could hire Mike Shanahan who actually has a decent chance to beat the Patriots some time this decade. :(