(OT) Queen Latifah Almost Got Halle Berry's Part

Rico

:lol::doh::doh:

Almost Another Kathy Bates!

Queen Latifah has revealed she almost stripped for the much-hyped love scene in Monster's Ball - to make-out with Robert De Niro. The rapper-turned-actress was slated to play the lead in the acclaimed 2001 movie - opposite De Niro and Sean Penn - until Halle Berry convinced director Marc Forster that she could play a struggling single mother, and Billy Bob Thornton and Heath Ledger took over De Niro and Penn's father and son roles. Berry became the first black actress ever to win a Best Actress Oscar for the role. Latifah, real name Dana Owens, says, "I actually had that role before Halle. But they couldn't set it up. It would have been me, Sean Penn and Robert De Niro."

Somehow, that scene in her living room with Billy Bob would have to have been shot differently, maybe from high above, or from a much greater distance, I would think they would have to make sure they got all of her in the shot. In addition I would think that the insurance company would insist that Thorton's character have a board strapped across his arse to prevent him from falling in.

Somehow, that scene in her living room with  Billy Bob would have to have been shot differently, maybe from high above, or from a much greater distance, I would think they would have to make sure they got all of her in the shot. In addition I would think that the insurance company would insist that Thorton's character have a board strapped across his arse to prevent him from falling in.

90919[/snapback]

She woulda split Penn's nuggets wide open. :lol:

Guest Guest Pfizer Hater
I would've rather seen Queen Latifah in the part...I'd do her

plus, I can't stand Halle Berry

91150[/snapback]

You're so desperate you'd do T-Bone :blush: