Sam Bradford

Cookiemonster

Forget Losman, nothing can save him now, and when he gets picked up by another team and starts to light it up with them, then all you Losman-lovers can tell the rest of us, that you told us so, but I wouldn't hold your breath for that.

With that aside, I really think that the Bills are in pretty good shape from the QB perspective. Trent has shown enough promise in a little over a full NFL regular season, we can take next year to evaluate him more thorougly, bring in a Veteran

FA to back him up, and possibly save the season if it starts spiraling, and if he isn't what most of us think that he will be at

that time, then go after Sam Bradford, trade up if you have to to get him, that is assuming that he doesn't come out this

year. He is a can't miss, next Rothlisberger type, and there will be others as well. We have had plenty of time to evaluate

JP's skills, or lack thereof. In spite of the fact that some people say that Trent locks onto one reciever, he distributes the

ball very nicely, and is highly accurate.

No offense, but if "the Bills are in pretty good shape from the QB perspective" then they shouldn't even CONSIDER using a first day pick on a quarterback. That said, I agree a quality QB needs to be brought in not only to backup Edwards but to compete with him in camp.

Also, I wouldn't even start to compare Bradford to Big Ben. Bradford plays in one of these wide-open spread D's, probably can't sit under center and read a defense to save his life at this point in his career, doesn't have NEARLY the bulk Roethlisberger has to absorb an NFL beating...

The last thing this team needs to do is make another big investment at QB. They've ruined about 10 of them since Kelly retired. The problems with this offense are the lack of quality coaching, a poor interior OL, and the lack of a quality 2nd WR and TE. Those are the same problems this team has had for a decade. If the Bills would work on solving those problems once in a while, their QBs might actually look halfway decent.

As it stands, you could put John Elway back there and he'd play like sh**.

The last thing this team needs to do is make another big investment at QB. They've ruined about 10 of them since Kelly retired. The problems with this offense are the lack of quality coaching, a poor interior OL, and the lack of a quality 2nd WR and TE. Those are the same problems this team has had for a decade. If the Bills would work on solving those problems once in a while, their QBs might actually look halfway decent.

As it stands, you could put John Elway back there and he'd play like sh**.

I disagree with that last statement, too. John Elway would have had the 2008 Buffalo Bills in the playoffs DESPITE all of Jauron's failings. Its no coincidence Buffalo's season went in the tank the same time the consistent quarterbacking we were getting dropped off the face of the Earth.

Consistent quarterbacking and the '08 Bills are in (or at the very least near, like the Patriots) the playoffs.

Forget Losman, nothing can save him now, and when he gets picked up by another team and starts to light it up with them, then all you Losman-lovers can tell the rest of us, that you told us so, but I wouldn't hold your breath for that.

With that aside, I really think that the Bills are in pretty good shape from the QB perspective. Trent has shown enough promise in a little over a full NFL regular season, we can take next year to evaluate him more thorougly, bring in a Veteran

FA to back him up, and possibly save the season if it starts spiraling, and if he isn't what most of us think that he will be at

that time, then go after Sam Bradford, trade up if you have to to get him, that is assuming that he doesn't come out this

year. He is a can't miss, next Rothlisberger type, and there will be others as well. We have had plenty of time to evaluate

JP's skills, or lack thereof. In spite of the fact that some people say that Trent locks onto one reciever, he distributes the

ball very nicely, and is highly accurate.

Trade up for Bradford, "if you have to"? Considering he's the Hypeman Trophy winner and could possibly end up w/ a national title to go along w/ it, I'd say it is a safe bet that the Bills would have to move up from the 11th spot to draft him.

Which brings us to another point: since we have more pressing issues @ OLB and DE, why the heck would we not only draft a QB early, but trade up and lose valuable players/picks to do so? Seems like a major step backwards for a franchise that needs all the help it can get. If anything, they should trade down to acquire more picks, not lose the ones they have.

I disagree with that last statement, too. John Elway would have had the 2008 Buffalo Bills in the playoffs DESPITE all of Jauron's failings. Its no coincidence Buffalo's season went in the tank the same time the consistent quarterbacking we were getting dropped off the face of the Earth.

Consistent quarterbacking and the '08 Bills are in (or at the very least near, like the Patriots) the playoffs.

I'd have to disagree with your disagreement. If you look at Elway's career, it wasn't until Denver brought in Mike Shanahan that he realized his potential. Prior to that, he was still a good QB, but there were also plenty of instances where he stunk up the field for the first 50 minutes of the game (although the donks won a lot of those games due to his last minute heroics). If you look at the season before Shanahan arrived, for example, Elway threw 10 TDs and 17 INTs (his 10th year in the league). To that point, he'd only broken the 20 TD pass mark once and had thrown as many INTs as TDs for his career.

The reason that the Bills don't have consistent QBing is because they're poorly coached offensively and have a lack of talent in certain areas of their offense. I'm not saying that Edwards is a great QB, but he (and the rest of the QBs of the last 10 years) would look a hell of a lot better if they'd give them more help.

Trade up for Bradford, "if you have to"? Considering he's the Hypeman Trophy winner and could possibly end up w/ a national title to go along w/ it, I'd say it is a safe bet that the Bills would have to move up from the 11th spot to draft him.

Josh Heupel says hello. I know Bradford is going higher than that, but I haven't heard anyone respectable say him or anyone else coming out other than the Georgia kid has a decent shot to be an nfl qb.

The reason that the Bills don't have consistent QBing is because they're poorly coached offensively and have a lack of talent in certain areas of their offense. I'm not saying that Edwards is a great QB, but he (and the rest of the QBs of the last 10 years) would look a hell of a lot better if they'd give them more help.

The reason that the Bills don't have consistent QBing is because they don't have a good QB (at least at this stage in his career). A good QB would have had the 2008 Bills in the playoff hunt, hands down.

Which brings us to another point: since we have more pressing issues @ OLB and DE, why the heck would we not only draft a QB early, but trade up and lose valuable players/picks to do so? Seems like a major step backwards for a franchise that needs all the help it can get. If anything, they should trade down to acquire more picks, not lose the ones they have.

TE - 24 games, 23 starts. 18 pass td's.

Trade up trade down - I don't know. Maybe some C/G combo that refuses to cede the A gaps.

Edwards isn't getting it done yet. I see little Bills' ball - but the numbers seem like Edwards is a QB that won't take a chance. I read the litany of reasons why, here on TSW.

TE falls short in the gravel department IMO.

I said, we evaluate him more thoroughly next year, and if he is not where, or who we thought he would be, then go after Bradford, and yes, we would have to Trade up to get him, as someone else will be sure to draft ahead of us in the 2010draft. We cannot draft a QB with our first (10/11 overall) pick this coming draft, way too many pressing needs, and the

jury is still somewhat out on Trent, we need next year to find the definitive answer on him.

I saw some stat like, every 9th pass he (Bradford) throws a touchdown.

Not comparing Bradford to Big Ben at this point in both of their respective careers, just saying, to me he looks like the next

closest facsimile.

Josh Heupel says hello. I know Bradford is going higher than that, but I haven't heard anyone respectable say him or anyone else coming out other than the Georgia kid has a decent shot to be an nfl qb.

Josh Heupel, Jason White, Sam Bradford. Yap.

Bradford is a great QB but he is too small for the NFL.Now Tim Teibow could be a Buffalo kinda guy with the possible exception of the weather.

Buffalo needs domed stadium. All of todays players are from warmer climates . Bottom line is all of todays football players are a bunch of limp di^&3d pu$$ies.

Bradford is a great QB but he is too small for the NFL.Now Tim Teibow could be a Buffalo kinda guy with the possible exception of the weather.

Buffalo needs domed stadium. All of todays players are from warmer climates . Bottom line is all of todays football players are a bunch of limp di^&3d pu$$ies.

Which is why the Giants, Steelers, Ravens, Broncos, and Patriots have won eight of the last eleven Super Bowls.

I didn't even think Bradford was a pro prospect. He's not just another Jason White?

After watching White and Bradford, there isn't much of a comparison. Bradford is way better than White.

Bradford's problem will be moving up under center in the NFL. He's pretty well rounded and smart, but he just doesn't have the experience playing under center as much as he needs for the NFL. He'll be a first rounder, but probably one that you need to take a couple of years to teach. I don't see him as a Matt Ryan type who can play well right away. Give him a couple years with a decent coach and a decent system, and he'll be good.

Either way, the Bills have a lot more problems than QB. It would be ridiculous for them to go after Bradford.

Sam Bradford is not the QB everyone thinks he is going to be in the NFL. He has a great team around him, and has never been asked to win his team the game. He is not the Matt Ryan or Peyton Manning type where the opposing team had to key on him, they keyed on their run game (ala Matt Leinart/Reggie Bush). He would be no improvement over Trent.

Too small?

"The victory for the 6'4", 218-pound Bradford marks the fifth time a Sooner has won the Heisman Trophy. He joins Billy Vessels (1952), Steve Owens (1969), Billy Sims (1978) and Jason White (2003). He is the 2nd sophomore (after fellow finalist, Tim Tebow, became the 1st last year) and the 30th quarterback to receive the award. The University of Oklahoma continues to rank 4th in number of Heisman winners behind Notre Dame, Ohio State and Southern California, who all have seven winners.

Bradford, of Oklahoma City, OK, has completed 302 of his 442 passes this year, for 4,464 yards and 48 touchdowns while throwing only 6 interceptions".

Maybe you are confusing him with somebody else, quote above, compliments of

www.heisman.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121308aaa.html