The official bachelor cookbook thread.

ieatcrayonz

I'll start off with a personal favorite.

Fried Noodles

Serves: 2-3

Preparation Time: About 1 Hour Total

Ingredients:

16 oz Elbow Macaroni

1/4 Stick of butter 3-4 Eggs

Cooking Instructions:

Boil Elbow Macaroni until soft. Drain as needed. Place Noodles in frying pan with 1/4 stick of butter and cook on low until half/most noodles get a crispy brown outside. Stir throughout cooking time so as not to have the noodles stick to frying pan. Next add the 3-4 eggs and stir so as to scramble them along with the noodles. When they are thouroughly scrambled and the noodles nice and crisp it's chow time B-)

Serving Suggestions:

You can add some garlic salt or pickle juice for extra flavor upon finishing cooking.

If God had intended noodles to be fried he would have put a nice bread coating on them. Maybe batter.

Speaking of which, what exactly is chicken-fried steak? It sounds delicious, but makes no sense.

That would be my favourite, but I have no culinary skills - how do you fry a steak in chicken? B-)

Speaking of which, what exactly is chicken-fried steak? It sounds delicious, but makes no sense.

How do you fry a steak in chicken? :sick:

As a Texan the last few years I could explain that to you but I choose not to.

Even better than CFS is "chicken fried chicken". Yummy goodness topped with nice gravy!

That would be my favourite, but I have no culinary skills - how do you fry a steak in chicken? :sick:

fried steak is simply steak prepared and cooked like fried chicken and then add a creamy gravy on top. yummo

Since this is obviously the place for the ridiculous, did anyone catch Sean McDonough's call during the West Virginia-North Carolina game? WVU has a player named John Holmes and went he made a nice 10 yard run, McDonough described it, "John Holmes ... HUGE play... for West Virginia" You could almost hear him grinning he was so happy with himself.

fried steak is simply steak prepared and cooked like fried chicken and then add a creamy gravy on top. yummo

You don't live in Texas do you?

The Chicken Fried Steak predated the Turducken, but unfortunately it was not given such a colorful name.

Properly prepared Chicken Fried Steak:

One chicken without feathers

Cubed steak

Batter

Seasoning

The Chicken Fried Steak predated the Turducken, but unfortunately it was not given such a colorful name.

Cubed steak

Batter

Seasoning

i ate chicken fried steak when i visited dallas. i saw prepared on tv so i was going from memory.

i ate chicken fried steak when i visited dallas. i saw prepared on tv so i was going from memory.

It's ok. To properly prepare the meal you first rub the chicken all over the steak. That's where the chickeness comes from.

We'll discuss Jerk Chicken and Pulled Pork at another time.

Cubed steak

Batter

Seasoning

Oh hey I just love turducken - especially stuffed with sausage. A nice variation is to shove the whole thing inside an Ostrich for a delicious Osturducken.

I've also heard of stuffing the osturducken with a cornish game hen, stuffed with a pheasant, stuffed with quail -

'osturduckencorpheail'

Bachelor Cookbook

Chapter 1:

Remove from carton

Remove film cover from potatoes

Poke holes in remaining items

Microwave on high 3 minutes

Stir potatos

Microwave an additional 1.5 to 2 minutes

Let stand 2 minutes

Remove plastic cover - Caution product will be hot

Stir potatoes

Chapter 2:

Read menu

Decide which value meal to order

Speak clearly into the clowns head

Hope the high school kid and/or convicted felon didn't screw up your order

Exchange currency

Take paper bag and drink

Since this is obviously the place for the ridiculous, did anyone catch Sean McDonough's call during the West Virginia-North Carolina game? WVU has a player named John Holmes and went he made a nice 10 yard run, McDonough described it, "John Holmes ... HUGE play... for West Virginia" You could almost hear him grinning he was so happy with himself.

I'll admit I laughed when I heard him say that. That was almost as good as seeing Johnny Dingle and Scooter Berry sitting next to each other on the bench last year

http://www.lolfunny.com/2008/01/31/dingle-berry/

Oh hey I just love turducken - especially stuffed with sausage. A nice variation is to shove the whole thing inside an Ostrich for a delicious Osturducken.

I've also heard of stuffing the osturducken with a cornish game hen, stuffed with a pheasant, stuffed with quail -

'osturduckencorpheail'

Those all sound good, but they only include foul.

What if you added some variety from the beef or pig categories?

Stuff a turducken inside of an ox and you get oxturducken.

Stuff some calves liver inside the chicken and you got turduckenver.

What if you take a hog & stuff it with a lamb which is stuffed with a rooster which is stuffed with a chipmunk? Porkybaabaafoghornalvin.