ralph is taking too long to fire jauron

JAMIEBUF12

A Question on Jaurons contract extension...

If DJ is fired and then hired by another team as a DC or a DB coach, will he still continue to be paid by Wilson for the reminder of the contract or does his contract then come off the books ?

To my knowledge neither the Bills, nor Jauron, have ever even conceded that the extension was signed. While the Bills are notorious for keeping the details of contracts secret, have they ever delayed an announcement of a signing or an extension by MONTHS? Not to my knowledge. So, let's not assume there is a valid extension in place, and if there is, that it contains no outs of any kind. It might be the case...but we don't know for sure.

With that said, if the HC starts working somewhere else, it would depend on the language in the contract, as to whether or not he wold continue to get paid...at least I THINK that's the answer to your question.

That's not what happend with Wade Phillips. RW wanted him to fire the special teams coach, he refused to RW fired Wade. I kind of think that's more RW style try to make demands until DJ does resign. That may have kind of been what happend with MM when Marv showed up. Based on past history demanding a new coach or two is exactly what RW has done.

Your problem is the OC thing. You really feel that Jauron will follow through the orders, fire his OC, and work efficiently with a new one? If Ralph Wilson is the old nutjob that I think he is, if Jauron stays, the OC stays. It's extremely unlikely that he goes.

To my knowledge neither the Bills, nor Jauron, have ever even conceded that the extension was signed. While the Bills are notorious for keeping the details of contracts secret, have they ever delayed an announcement of a signing or an extension by MONTHS? Not to my knowledge. So, let's not assume there is a valid extension in place, and if there is, that it contains no outs of any kind. It might be the case...but we don't know for sure.

With that said, if the HC starts working somewhere else, it would depend on the language in the contract, as to whether or not he wold continue to get paid...at least I THINK that's the answer to your question.

At this point, if Jauron didn't have an extension, wouldn't there be no point in firing him, seeing as his contract effectively ended yesterday?

At this point, if Jauron didn't have an extension, wouldn't there be no point in firing him, seeing as his contract effectively ended yesterday?

True. Your point?

Has Ralph used the word "fire"? Has Jauron used the word "fire"?

I believe Ralph is talking about DJ's "future" with the Bills. That would be the case, contract or no contract.

He'd be paid the difference between the contracts. Say he was signed for 2009 to make $1.5 mil. Another team signs him to be def back coach at $.5 mil. RW then has to cough up the extra $1 mil that DJ lost. However considering RW pays his coaches low, if DJ gets another job, there's a good chance another club would pay him enough that RW's share wouldn't be too large.

Then again the other side to that argument could be the other team pays him low knowing the Bills make up the difference.

Either way to answer your question RW pays the difference.

A Question on Jaurons contract extension...

If DJ is fired and then hired by another team as a DC or a DB coach, will he still continue to be paid by Wilson for the reminder of the contract or does his contract then come off the books ?

He'd be paid the difference between the contracts. Say he was signed for 2009 to make $1.5 mil. Another team signs him to be def back coach at $.5 mil. RW then has to cough up the extra $1 mil that DJ lost. However considering RW pays his coaches low, if DJ gets another job, there's a good chance another club would pay him enough that RW's share wouldn't be too large.

Then again the other side to that argument could be the other team pays him low knowing the Bills make up the difference.

Either way to answer your question RW pays the difference.

Didn't Wade get a job after leaving Buffalo? I know he was still looking for his $$ not too long ago. I wonder what the difference is, for him.

True. Your point?

Has Ralph used the word "fire"? Has Jauron used the word "fire"?

I believe Ralph is talking about DJ's "future" with the Bills. That would be the case, contract or no contract.

The difference would be whether Ralph is factoring in a contract valued at (conservatively) $6 million or more when considering whether to proceed with Dick.

It wasn't really meant as a direct reply to your post. I just think the speculation on an extension is moot at this point. There is one.

i get the feeling that if ralph sits to long on firing jauron that all the sexy coaches will be long gone before he pulls the trigger on cutting jauron loose.the giants defensive coordinator is already being interviewed,scott pioli in cleveland.i would like to see jauron fired today and then the bills reaching out to marty.i imagine with mangina getting fired today we could hire martys son to be the offensive coordinator.............go bills in"09.

Gobbled Up.... :sick:

Bull. I have zero doubt that if you swapped coaching staffs yesterday, the BILLS win. The BILLS have more than enough talent to get a playoff spot.

I agree. They certainly have enough talent to beat Cleveland and San Francisco at home. They should have beaten the Jets on the road, and if you scrap the cover 2, find an OC that can scheme against a 3-4, and find a head coach worth a damn to manage the clock, you could argue that they could win one or two of the four games against Miami or New England.

He may have been out of work for a year?? Or was just the delta in salaries he was after? Don't know? Maybe that's a common practice that teams do. Guy gets fired; owed say $1mil as a head coach for three years. New team hires him as position coach or coord., maybe normal salary for that type of job is say around $500k. (unless of course it's Washington) But since old team is on the hook for his salary new team gives him four year deal with first three years being real low number say $250k and real high fourth year. So first three years costs the new team very little, then the fourth year new teams pays him alot. Who knows maybe teams even make fourth year voidable?? Coach goes along wit has he knows for the next three years he's gettign a real high salary based on job he's hired for and knows in this business so much can change quickly anyway.

No idea if any of this is true, pure speculation, but system certainly could be manipulated in such a way. And if all the teams are doing it no one really complains as it all comes around and eventually all the teams benefit from former deals. Coaches aren't part of a union who would sue over practice, so continues.

As an added bonus for Buffalo, they may not even have to deflate their normal salary offers! :sick:

Didn't Wade get a job after leaving Buffalo? I know he was still looking for his $$ not too long ago. I wonder what the difference is, for him.

He may have been out of work for a year?? Or was just the delta in salaries he was after? Don't know? Maybe that's a common practice that teams do. Guy gets fired; owed say $1mil as a head coach for three years. New team hires him as position coach or coord., maybe normal salary for that type of job is say around $500k. (unless of course it's Washington) But since old team is on the hook for his salary new team gives him four year deal with first three years being real low number say $250k and real high fourth year. So first three years costs the new team very little, then the fourth year new teams pays him alot. Who knows maybe teams even make fourth year voidable?? Coach goes along wit has he knows for the next three years he's gettign a real high salary based on job he's hired for and knows in this business so much can change quickly anyway.

No idea if any of this is true, pure speculation, but system certainly could be manipulated in such a way. And if all the teams are doing it no one really complains as it all comes around and eventually all the teams benefit from former deals. Coaches aren't part of a union who would sue over practice, so continues.

As an added bonus for Buffalo, they may not even have to deflate their normal salary offers! :sick:

Good speculation (and labeled as such). nice job