Ralph Wilson and the fans relationship

extrahammer

I think that if you've ever seen him in person, at either a game or training camp, you can see that age is affecting the man. I doubt he's senile I believe that would make him incapable of doing much of anything, let alone what he does do.

Personally, I think he is set in his ways and doesn't really know how much time he has left. While I respect what he's done and gave us, it's hard not to resent him a little for not letting go now and atleast having some say as to where the franchise will be once he's gone, rather than leaving it up in the air.

On a side note, a part of me believes that there is already a deal in place to turn the team over the Jim Kelly and his group, but he just doesn't want anything announced until he is gone. That way, there is nothing to overshadow his ownership.

I see a lot of fans take shots at his age a lot of times. With his age, could this make him senile if he truly is not? Or could it worsen the progress we expect to see?

Not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that repeated statements/sentiments from the fans, in this case saying Ralph is old and out of his mind, are actually manifesting themselves and pushing Ralph into senility? Our collective consciousness is hastening Ralph's mental degeneration? Fascinating stuff, Mr. Jasper.

Sell the team, Ralph. Sell the team, Ralph.

Not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that repeated statements/sentiments from the fans, in this case saying Ralph is old and out of his mind, are actually manifesting themselves and pushing Ralph into senility? Our collective consciousness is hastening Ralph's mental degeneration? Fascinating stuff, Mr. Jasper.

Sell the team, Ralph. Sell the team, Ralph.

I'm not saying anything.. I was just asking..

I'm not saying anything.. I was just asking..

I'm not ripping you. Its an interesting question. Is the collective zeitgeist of the fans turning Ralph into a vegetable, the regional ethos imprinting itself on the local sports team? Are we miserable because the team blows, or does the team blow because we're generally miserable? I have to confess, there's something tragically romantic about rooting for a perennial loser.

I'm not ripping you. Its an interesting question. Is the collective zeitgeist of the fans turning Ralph into a vegetable, the regional ethos imprinting itself on the local sports team? Are we miserable because the team blows, or does the team blow because we're generally miserable? I have to confess, there's something tragically romantic about rooting for a perennial loser.

Yes, and is the hostility of the fans as Ralph continues to push 100 growing, and could it possibly just piss him off in the end? Could it all be linked to karma also?

If the Bills did not exist, we would need to create them.

I think that if you've ever seen him in person, at either a game or training camp, you can see that age is affecting the man. I doubt he's senile I believe that would make him incapable of doing much of anything, let alone what he does do.

Personally, I think he is set in his ways and doesn't really know how much time he has left. While I respect what he's done and gave us, it's hard not to resent him a little for not letting go now and atleast having some say as to where the franchise will be once he's gone, rather than leaving it up in the air.

On a side note, a part of me believes that there is already a deal in place to turn the team over the Jim Kelly and his group, but he just doesn't want anything announced until he is gone. That way, there is nothing to overshadow his ownership.

I'm skeptical about this "Jim Kelly Investors Group". Anyone else think his investors included the guy who bought the Statler and was going to build the Skyscrapper in buffalo?

I have to confess, there's something tragically romantic about rooting for a perennial loser.
Not when it coincides with a very real economic collapse. Boston, Chicago, now I could see the "romantic" argument in those cases. Not Buffalo. Not now.