Slumdog Millionaire

jangalang

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kicking ass. My brother-in-law is probably going nuts, if he's watching, as he didn't like the movie much. He particularly hated the music, and that's winning everything, too.

(I have to say, I didn't think much of the one song they played, either. I don't think the song I heard won the award, though.)

The song at the end of the movie won the award.

ah, gotcha. Guess my comment was pretty meaningless then, huh? ^_^

One of the best movies I've seen in a long time, Dean. Check it out sometime.

Yes, I plan to. I hear very good things (from most people)...besides all the Oscars, of course.

In true Indian fashion, everybody and their 3rd cousin bum rushed the stage for acceptance of the Best Picture award.

^_^

Before you stereo-type, did you think about how many Indians have won the Best Picture Academy Award ? None. And in the Indian award ceremonies, multiple people do NOT rush to claim their award, thank you.

By the way, this movie wasn't even made by an Indian - the original writer and cast is Indian but it is a complete Brit movie.

If you noticed, the producer asked them to join him on stage. The cast on stage were like 10 Penelope Cruz's - who came from a different part of the world but grew up watching and admiring the Oscars.

Also, a lot of the marketing behind this movie is 'made in a familial atmosphere'. Them going on stage simply enhances that image being portrayed. I don't know about the movie but the real winners are Fox Searchlight who marketed this movie to perfection so it could be much more than it could ever be by itself.

In true Indian fashion, everybody and their 3rd cousin bum rushed the stage for acceptance of the Best Picture award.

^_^

:lol:

I actually thought Milk was going to win it. It seemed to be the exact type of movie Hollywood falls over themselves for. Glad S-dog won, and those little kids from the slums got to get on stage.

Before you stereo-type, did you think about how many Indians have won the Best Picture Academy Award ? None. And in the Indian award ceremonies, multiple people do NOT rush to claim their award, thank you.

By the way, this movie wasn't even made by an Indian - the original writer and cast is Indian but it is a complete Brit movie.

If you noticed, the producer asked them to join him on stage. The cast on stage were like 10 Penelope Cruz's - who came from a different part of the world but grew up watching and admiring the Oscars.

Also, a lot of the marketing behind this movie is 'made in a familial atmosphere'. Them going on stage simply enhances that image being portrayed. I don't know about the movie but the real winners are Fox Searchlight who marketed this movie to perfection so it could be much more than it could ever be by itself.

Geez...settle down, man. It was a nice moment -- nobody is denying that.

I was being a bit facetious about the "bum rushing" part, as I'm aware that Boyle asked the cast to join him on stage (JR -- it was great seeing those kids get the opportunity to be on stage). Just kind of reminded me of all of the Indian weddings I've attended (I suppose that ties in to the "familial atmosphere" you mentioned).