If we can not get Marty Schottenheimer, keep DJ

Chuckknox

Too risky to start over again, when this team is not that far off yet. A few plays (missed FG, JP fumble, TE int vs Jets) and we could be in the playoffs.

DJ is not that bad and the team is almost always competitive recently.

What about Bobby April? Just throwing it out there...that we we can keep some of the same systems in place.

Too risky to start over again, when this team is not that far off yet. A few plays (missed FG, JP fumble, TE int vs Jets) and we could be in the playoffs.

I tend to focus on a few other plays that could have made the difference: competent play calling on the final drive vs. Cleveland; competent play calling on the goal line vs. SF, competent play calling in the final 2:06 vs. Jets.

He's terrible and must go for the Bills to succeed.

(1)DJ is not that bad and the (2)team is almost always competitive recently.

(1) 'Kotite' Jauron's coaching record disagrees.

(2) The modifiers of 'almost always' and 'recently' to describe the competitiveness level of my favorite team are the kind of modifiers I expect out of a 1st year HC. Too bad 'Kotite' Jauron is in his 8th year overall and his third year as the Bills HC.

I hope you are kidding. Jauron is that bad. His record speaks for itself and not just the W-L record. He is an awful coach. His teams (not just the Bills) have been grossly unprepared to compete, completely lacking in competitive depth and thoroughly outcoached on Gamedays against nearly every competitive team they have played against. His players play hard but lack overall ambition to play for 16 games, lack overall competitive fire to outlast their opponent and lack the overall talent and knowledge to know what it takes to win in the NFL.

There are enough negatives in DJ's resume' to prove that he does not have what it takes to be a Head Coach in the NFL. The only positives that he has going for him right now are, the need for an abundance of coaches coming up this off season are needed more than ever and his current bunch of SOFT players actually like his coaching ability.

Gregg Williams or Mike Mularkey's coaching style were actually more conducive to getting the best abilities out of their players more so than Jauron and his ability with his current group of players. Both of those guys had serious issues with the talent level at a lot of positions due to a lack of comorodity among the coach and front office, where Jauron has had more of a say in who plays on his team more than anyone since Levy.

It's amazing he has lasted this long in the NFL. If he wasn't such a nice guy, he would be a doorman somewhere making minimum wage plus tips.

I remember reading the same crap after last season....and the season before that

why do people continue to think a new coach means starting over...how are the Dolphins and Falcons doing with their new head coaches?

Its not just about getting a new head coach, its about getting the right head coach

I remember reading the same crap after last season....and the season before that

why do people continue to think a new coach means starting over...how are the Dolphins and Falcons doing with their new head coaches?

Its not just about getting a new head coach, its about getting the right head coach

Not that I am disagreeing with the idea of getting rid of Jauron, but both of those teams really did start over this offseason. The only difference is that they were so bad last year that any change could have been considered an improvement, and there was only one way to go, up. Both of those teams though have bounced back quicker then most had expected, and aren't really the norm, more of an exception.

Getting a new coaching staff would essentially be starting over, unless they could get a coach that is going to run the same system that th current staff runs

Not that I am disagreeing with the idea of getting rid of Jauron, but both of those teams really did start over this offseason. The only difference is that they were so bad last year that any change could have been considered an improvement, and there was only one way to go, up. Both of those teams though have bounced back quicker then most had expected, and aren't really the norm, more of an exception.

Getting a new coaching staff would essentially be starting over, unless they could get a coach that is going to run the same system that th current staff runs

I guess I don't have the fear that "starting over" is going to worse than the current situation the team is in. The reality is (assuming Denver loses this weekend), this team hasn't beaten one opponent with a winning record all season. We're going to end up with 7 wins. If there is some regression due to a new regime/philosophy, what is it going to cost ... one, maybe two wins over the course of the year? I'm betting a proven coach like Schottenheimer can get more out of this same group than Jauron can. My two cents...I just see more upside to a change than downside

I see upside if we can get Marty or Brian Billick or "the Mooch" or maybe even Jim Fassel. If we're going to get a guy who has never been an HC or has never won anything as an HC, I say stick it out with Dick for another year and maybe just get a new OC and improve the talent. I'm also not real keen on the idea of Bobby April. Maybe he'd be good. Don't know. Just not in a gambling mood after the Williams and Mularkey and Jauron gambles failed miserably.