Jauron's extention may have an 8-8 clause

DIE HARD 1967

Fred Smerlas made the comment in Boston on his weekly talk show in Beantown this morning.

" The no official comment by the Bills makes me believe Dick Jauron must exceed 7-9 or the deal is dead."

He also said these clauses are common in NFL coaching contracts especially when it comes to extensions.

It's called the "CRASH AND BURN CLAUSE,"

ESPN made a similar comment 2 weeks ago..

Several Media sourses say the deal is done, but they fail to mention a clause that could nix the deal

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred Smerlas made the comment in Boston on his talk show in Beantown.

" The no official comment by the Bills makes me believe Dick Jauron must exceed 7-9 or the deal is dead."

He also said these clauses are common in NFL coaching contracts

Does that mean we're supposed to root for the Pats? I'm so confused, either way we lose... :angry:

Tomorrow too. Never too soon to apply wishful thinking.

Just busting your chops.

It's a win-win for me. If the Bills beat the Pats and knock them out of the playoffs, great. If they lose, secure a better draft position, and get Jauron fired, great. The only way it will suck is if the Bills lose, but the Jets and Jags win, putting the Pats into the playoffs.

With the amount of coaching vacancies at the end of the year, do we really want to be looking for one too? The Bills FO as not shown what it takes to pick a good leader when they are only one of two or three teams looking. This year there could be maybe 7-8 teams. You think we can lure an awesome guy to Buffalo? Jauron stays for atleast one more year. Then Turner Gill comes over and coaches the team. Just joking.

Fred Smerlas made the comment in Boston on his talk show in Beantown.

He also said these clauses are common in NFL coaching contracts especially when it comes to extensions.

It's the CRASH AND BURN CLAUSE, he said

If that true say goodbye to dick he cannot beat a real coach :angry:

I'm not sure if it makes sense to wait if there's a rush of fired coaches this year. That sounds like it means the most talent is available now - 8 or 9 staffs looking for new jobs rather than 3-4, and by next year, the top prospect coaches will be gone already. There'll be more competition this Feburary, but for more talent.

I cannot root for the Phatriots against the Bills. I hate that team more than any other. Remember the 62-10 joke last year. If they do loose at least there is hope. But what happens if they tie? LOL

can't root for them, but reality tells you this aint gonna be pretty. 45-13 seems about right to me.

If they were competent staffs would they be looking for jobs? There will just be a lot of ,has beens'. Only guy i would like to see the Bills go after if they are going to make a change is the D cord in NY. You could talk to him during the bye week and see if he has interest. But that makes too much sense.