I think 8-8 is realistic

for a team with a new coach, an aging and semi-effective QB and a patchwork OL.

Just MO, don't get all in a twist about it. I'd be happy with 8-8, because I also think it could be much, MUCH worse.

6545[/snapback]

i'd be pissed......this is year 4 with donahoe.......it is time for results....

A patched together offensive line is excactly what we have. You plant corn and you get corn.

Remember that o-line we had in the early 90's?

Will Wolford, John Davis, Kent Hull, Jim Ritcher, Howard Ballard........this is what made us so damn GOOD!

Just MO, don't get all in a twist about it. I'd be happy with 8-8, because I also think it could be much, MUCH worse.

6545[/snapback]

I had hopes for 10-6 but I agree....looks like the SOB (Same Ol' Bills)

With the drafts, free agent acquisitions, and money spent to get people in here, this team MUST go at least 11-5 this season and have a solid playoff spot to not be a disappointment. Guys like Takeo Spikes, Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent, etc. have all come here to win. Yes, they were all paid well, but they all had opportunities to go elsewhere and get paid the same or more and chose to come to Buffalo. These guys aren't stupid... there's something happening here. This team SHOULD be a serious contender at this point. If it's not, there's no doubt that it's a serious disappointment. I'm not saying that 8-8 is an unrealistic prediction, but if this is nothing more than a .500 team this year, it's time to pull the plug and do something different.

6545[/snapback]

If we go 8-8 Im coming up and breaking donahoue's leg,

I would like to think that the Bills have enough talent to be more than an 8-8 team. With that said, the schedule doesn't favor much more than 8-8 or 9-7. Depending on how bad the Fish are this year and if the Jets play anything like they did last year, 10-6 or 11-5 are certainly attainable records. IMO, the toughest games the Bills will have this year are the two against NE, the opener against JAX, the Ravens game and the STL/SEA back to back games. Other than that, every team that the Bills face have major question marks heading into the season. Granted the Bills do have two other west coast games against the Bay area teams but both of them are floundering. One is aging daily and the other has more holes than swiss cheese. The Bengals would be a decent pick if they didn't decide to change QB's, the Steelers are revamping their O with a mediocre QB at best. The Browns and Cards have issues and are both up and coming teams but still have large ? marks surrounding them. Sure the Bills were 6-10 last year but the talent level and new, stick it in your face coaching style fares well against most of their opponents this year. I like to honestly think that 11-5 is not far out of reach by this squad. Just my thoughts as we get closer to the start of hopefully the greatest season in Bills history.

You know, I am just not that worried about the offense. We had two key injuries last year in Travis Henry and Eric Moulds. Even with last year's patch - work line we we able to move the ball in the first two games. I believe we were moving it against the Fish when TH was hurt. But there wasn't much depth at RB, and that force us to need better receivers than we had. Then Eric goes down and the receiver corps gets worse.

This year, it seems to me the skill positions have more depth.

Also, the first team patch - work line did a pretty good job against the Titans first team D.

What I am worried about is the defense. There is a pretty good chance either Pat or Sam will go down. Without them, the defense is not the same. The same can be said for Fletcher, Spikes and Milloy. There is a huge dropoff in talent at those positions.

If the defense plays at the level it did a year ago, this team is no worse than 10-6 and may be better than that. But that is a very big if...

OK.............4 all of you that think that the BILLS will only go 8-8 this season.WHat will you do if they go more than that and I don't mean 9-7. LEt say they go 10-6 or 11-5 or even make a wild card.

What will you guys do if they go further that nwhat you expect ???

I think the Bills win the AFC east. It will not be easy but I think it will happen this year. We found the right coach who will beat the living daylights out of the opponents with Travis and Willis. I feel like that fat pledge in Animal House "This is gonna be great!"