GWB and where the buck stops

The below Kerry quote summarizes something that irks me about Bush. This never say you're wrong thing is a symptom of something I see all the time nowadays. I. for one, respect the person who stands up and say they were wrong, or they made a mistake. That's what a person with integrity does. Bush never admits he's wrong. Integrity rating: 0.

"Can you imagine President Kennedy ... standing up and telling the American people he couldn't think of a single mistake that he had made? When the Bay of Pigs went sour, John Kennedy had the courage to look America in the eye and say to America 'I take responsibility, it is my fault."'

Challenging Bush, Kerry said: "Mr. President, it is long since time for you to start taking responsibility for the mistakes that you've made."

Stay on target Bush-supporters. Don't attack Kerry, the person delivering the message. Defend your man instead. Where does the buck stop in this administration? You can't say it stops with Bush.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure the "mistakes" you have in mind are not in fact differences in opinions or ideas? Should the President apologize for disagreeing with his opponent? And how about comparing and contrasting the President against the opponent, instead of a former President under different circumstances?

An example of John Kerry admitting when he was wrong, or when he made a mistake? Or hasn't he made any? Or should I deduce when he is for abortion but against it, when he's for the war but against it he is admitting a mistake on one side or the other when he makes his case for the opposite?

Are you sure the "mistakes" you have in mind are not in fact differences in opinions or ideas? Should the President apologize for disagreeing with his opponent? And how about comparing and contrasting the President against the opponent, instead of a former President under different circumstances?

An example of John Kerry admitting when he was wrong, or when he made a mistake? Or hasn't he made any? Or should I deduce when he is for abortion but against it, when he's for the war but against it he is admitting a mistake on one side or the other when he makes his case for the opposite?

90069[/snapback]

How about his famous line, "I voted for it before I voted against it."

Stay on target Bush-supporters. Don't attack Kerry, the person delivering the message. Defend your man instead. Where does the buck stop in this administration? You can't say it stops with Bush.

I trust these thoughts will warm your soul as you watch jihadists party in the streets with their assault rifles at the announcement of a Kerry victory (if that happens). It will be an international love-in among them, the French, and the libs. Great pack you libs run with...

The below Kerry quote summarizes something that irks me about Bush. This never say you're wrong thing is a symptom of something I see all the time nowadays. I. for one, respect the person who stands up and say they were wrong, or they made a mistake. That's what a person with integrity does. Bush never admits he's wrong. Integrity rating: 0.

"Can you imagine President Kennedy ... standing up and telling the American people he couldn't think of a single mistake that he had made? When the Bay of Pigs went sour, John Kennedy had the courage to look America in the eye and say to America 'I take responsibility, it is my fault."'

Challenging Bush, Kerry said: "Mr. President, it is long since time for you to start taking responsibility for the mistakes that you've made."

Stay on target Bush-supporters. Don't attack Kerry, the person delivering the message. Defend your man instead.  Where does the buck stop in this administration? You can't say it stops with Bush.

90040[/snapback]

How many times before 2004 have you seen this ridiculous question in a presidential debate? If he gave any answer, what would the follow question have been? Are the moderators in the business of supplying Kerry with campaign material?

The net of this is that Bush did not fall in to an undisguised trap. Every person on the planet makes mistakes every day. Why do we need confirmation of this?

Where does the buck stop? Where do the stupid questions stop?

I trust these thoughts will warm your soul as you watch jihadists party in the streets with their assault rifles at the announcement of a Kerry victory (if that happens).  It will be an international love-in among them, the French, and the libs.  Great pack you libs run with...

90079[/snapback]

Shameless. Yeah, that's right, Democrats will party with the terrorists. You just don't get it. You still have no idea why Bush is not cruising to re-election.

How many times before 2004 have you seen this ridiculous question in a presidential debate?  If he gave any answer, what would the follow question have been?  Are the moderators in the business of supplying Kerry with campaign material?

The net of this is that Bush did not fall in to an undisguised trap.  Every person on the planet makes mistakes every day.  Why do we need confirmation of this?

Where does the buck stop?  Where do the stupid questions stop?

90091[/snapback]

If you think it's a stupid question then you don't have any idea why Bush is so despised by half the nation.

If you think it's a stupid question then you don't have any idea why Bush is so despised by half the nation.

90104[/snapback]

It would be a stupid question, to any president at any time in any debate. It displays a depth of thought below a third grade level.

With that said, I would be genuinely interested if you could elaborate on your post.

90104[/snapback]

Yeah, right.

Bush made a mistake by not being pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, and by not being black?

Those are real mistakes that he must own up to.

Get real.

I trust these thoughts will warm your soul as you watch jihadists party in the streets with their assault rifles at the announcement of a Kerry victory (if that happens).  It will be an international love-in among them, the French, and the libs.  Great pack you libs run with...

90079[/snapback]

I wonder that you can up in the morning and venture timidly out into the day, afraid as you are.

Did you spend the whole Cold War under the bed?

"Liberal" is derived from the word "liberalis" or free. As in land of free and home of the brave. Other derivates from the same root are liberty...liberate...etc. A liberal is one "who favors greater freedom in political or religious matters; an opponent of the established systems; a reformer" (Webster's Unabridged Dictionary). But for liberals who were unafraid of the British bogeyman, there would be no America.

So, are you a conservative because you are afraid, or does being a conservative make you afraid?

I wonder that you can up in the morning and venture timidly out into the day, afraid as you are.

Did you spend the whole Cold War under the bed?

"Liberal" is derived from the word "liberalis" or free.  As in land of free and home of the brave.  Other derivates from the same root are liberty...liberate...etc.  A liberal is one "who favors greater freedom in political or religious matters; an opponent of the established systems; a reformer" (Webster's Unabridged Dictionary). But for liberals who were unafraid of the British bogeyman, there would be no America.

So, are you a conservative because you are afraid, or does being a conservative make you afraid?

90145[/snapback]

Very convenient to ignore the way the word has evolved. The liberals in this country don't want greater political or religious matters, nor do they actually opposed the current "system". Quite the contrary.

If you think the "liberals" who fought for the independence of this country would identify with the current "liberals", you need to pick up a history book that wasn't written at the behest of the government.

Yeah, right. 

Bush made a mistake by not being pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, and by not being black?

Those are real mistakes that he must own up to.

Get real.

90118[/snapback]

Wow. You REALLY, REALLY don't get it. God I hope Kerry wins.

(Not that you'll address it, but I'd love to hear you explain the black part. Is it not "pro-black" or is it anti-black? What does it mean to be either one? Also didn't you mean pro-abortion? Is Pro-gay marriage mean you promote or encourage gay marriage; does it mean your also anti-straight marriage?)

The sad part is, neither do most of your half.

90164[/snapback]

Yeah, yeah, I know, everyone is stupid. They can't reason, they don't know why they don't like Bush, it's just what "the Man" and the liberal, communist press tell them to think.

Every person makes mistakes. Some are big, some are small. Mistakes direct character.

But it's the coward who finds it necessary to stand in public and yell for their opponent to admit mistakes for their own personal gain. It's a coward who can't make himself look good on his own merits, and seeks only to raise people's expectations of him by lowering their expectations of his opponent.

Anyone looks good standing next to a person who publicly admits their misgivings. Anyone. Even John Kerry. And that is quite the feat.

No wonder so many military people detest him. He's a coward.

Wow.  You REALLY, REALLY don't get it.  God I hope Kerry wins. 

(Not that you'll address it, but I'd love to hear you explain the black part.  Is it not  "pro-black" or is it anti-black?  What does it mean to be either one?  Also didn't you mean pro-abortion?  Is Pro-gay marriage mean you promote or encourage gay marriage; does it mean your also anti-straight marriage?)

90170[/snapback]

Well let's just see here...

Who said anything about pro or anti-black? You need to be more careful when you read posts that get you blood pressure up. Maybe you should go get a drink of water or walk away from the computer for a few minutes to refresh and calm down. Then respond intelligently.

Bush isn't black. You know this right? I mean there is a lot of confusion about Clinton being our first black President, but Bush isn't considered black by the likes of Sharpton, Jesse, Rangel, et al. Clinotn is black, Bush is not black. I'm not sure what qualifies a white person to be black, but if you need to know, maybe ask those three people I mentioned. Follow me yet?

Anti-abortion means Bush does not condone abortion of any sort, and he's steadfast about it. What I meant by it is that there are a lot of folks who demand that abortion remain leagal. Bush isn't going to get thier vote. Does that make any kind of sense to you or am I rushing through this?

And just yesterday the President took a lot of flack from the conservatives by condoning civil unions for gays, but not gay marriages. If by title alone, I'm with the President on this one too. The gays can have thier civil unions and thier benefits that go along with it, but please don't try to erode traditional religious sacraments with such a thing as gay marriage.

You see Rcow, this election is about people voting self above country. People like you.

First. Thanks to most of the original posters for ignoring the point.

I made no reference to the dumb "mistakes" question. You all jumped onto Kerry even though the point of the post was about Bush not ever taking blame.. and even after I tried to steer you off your one track minds... (Some one said something bad about Bush... knee jerk- bash Kerry, Clinton bad etc)

So, even though the president admints there were no WMDs in Iraq, after he used that to justify the attack, you don't think he should have the balls to say, "I made a mistake. I made the best judgment I could based on the evidence I had, and if you have a problem that, you have a problem with me. Not the CIA. Not Rumsfeld. Me." That would be leadership. And I would respect that more than you know. But that's not what we have.

Again Bush people, try try try, if you can, to refrain from now posting things like , "You think Kery would be better? He's a flip-flopping ninny" and the like. I know he is. But how can you "conservatives" support this flimsy gutless unintelligent liberal in conservative clothing? How, how, how for the love of DC Tom, how can you do it?

Maybe Bush dosen't think he made a mistake...maybe he thinks what he did is justified.

His goal wasn't just WMDs but to eliminate terrorist states. Iraq no matter what you argue...was an evil place where Al-Zarqawi still lives and murders after being bombed outta Afganistan.