Josh Reed

DasNootz

This is a totally different team with Reed healthy and in the lineup. On more than one occassion, I saw DBs pushing him after the whistle. He's just a gritty player that grinds all day. He's also a great safety valve for trent.

Not that it's saying much this season, but he gets my vote for team MVP.

Josh Reed, is the go to guy when Trent is in Check down mode. Is this a bad thing, Not for REED but it is for team production.

if check down mode scores 30 points on the road he can check down all damn day!! Reed is very important b/c he is the best Wr we have at finding soft spots in coverage, he essentially does the work that a decent TE would do, unfortunately we don't have one of those so that role falls to Josh.

Also for whatever reason Trent just seems a lot more comfortable with Reed in there, his struggles and Reed's injury happened at the same time, and while i'm not saying thats the sole reason, it certainly played a large role in Trents midseason struggle.

i've always liked josh reed.. after his failed experiment as an outside WR,i think he's been one of our best WRs (though the numbers may not show so). dependable hands, excellent routes, superlative blocker, excellent RAC/tackle breaking ability.

The first couple of years I wanted Reed off the team due to his penchant for dropped balls. But, he's done a 180 degree turn, catches everything in sight now and has become Mr. clutch. Him I'd pay. Trade Jason and give the money to Reed, seriously....

The first couple of years I wanted Reed off the team due to his penchant for dropped balls. But, he's done a 180 degree turn, catches everything in sight now and has become Mr. clutch. Him I'd pay. Trade Jason and give the money to Reed, seriously....

Yeah lets give top shelf bookend tackle money to a possesion reciever that seems like a good move.

:lol:

Yeah lets give top shelf bookend tackle money to a possesion reciever that seems like a good move.

:lol:

I didn't say give him all the money but what the heck why not, I love watching you bang your head against the wall....

Here's a couple more for you:

:lol::worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :w00t:

I didn't say give him all the money but what the heck why not, I love watching you bang your head against the wall....

Here's a couple more for you:

:lol: :lol: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Have you got two user names bobm?......or should I say eliteqb? :w00t:

I really like Josh Reed in our offense don't get me wrong, but...wouldn't you like to see the younger quicker model? Someone like a Welker, Hines Ward (younger version) type, that can turn catches into bigger gains? I know these types of players don't grow on trees, but with a check down quarterback like TE a more dynamic player would make the offense much more dangerous...no?

That said i have a much repect for the role Josh Reed plays on the team

I really like Josh Reed...regardless of him not being the fastest, quickest receiver, the guy catches everything that comes near him and has an absolutely uncanny knack for picking up the extra 2 or 3 yards needed for a first down on 3rd down. He actually had the highest catch percentage in the NFL a few years ago(caught the highest percentage of passes thrown to him), at 77%, and has become one of the most sure handed receivers in the NFL(a long way from the season where he couldn't catch a cold). This season, he is currently 2nd to Wes Welker in catch percentage at 73---Welker is at 75%. It is obvious Edwards feels really comfortable with Reed and trusts him a lot.