WGR

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All their jocks have a couple things in common:

-they clearly have never played sports in their life with any degree of success. Their entire knowledge base is predicated on what they can google.

-they were born with mammas that changed their poopy diapers until they were close to teenagers...how the hell can anyone else explain the whining and pissing about everything except for shoop's amazing Topps hockey card collection.

-They would would get on their knees and become any current Sabres boyfriend if they knew their wives wouldn't find out.

I don't live in Buffalo, is Brad Riter's station any better?

yes....yes it is

Except that its not all sports. Only 6-9pm when Brad's on. I will say the Ruben Brown Show is the best Bills show on the radio bar none. (Mondays I think.) The rest of the day is right-wing talk. Not my cup of tea.

PTR

the original post was dead-on.......i don't mind the personalities one bit; it's not personal. what is annoying about our only sports talk radio station is the lack of sports that gets talked about......there is too much "my wife told me ..." or chick-flick discussions........there is a huge market for someone who will talk sports......there isn't a station in town that talks sports these days......

good post......

I love WGR - especially during football season. I'm not a big fan of Schopp's, however. He has admitted he is not a football/Bills fan.. (NOT A FOOTBALL FAN???? IN A FOOTBALL TOWN???) He's a tennis fan, mostly. That's fine, but not as host of a daily sports show in Buffalo. Plus, he is very short-tempered with callers. He is a major reason why I've never called in. I like all of the other hosts.

When I get tired of Schopp, I usually tune into Sirius NFL Radio. Has anyone ever heard Pat Kirwin or Tim Ryan? Now, those guys know how to treat callers - with respect, and they value their listeners' opinions.

BTW, Howard Simon and Jeremy White can be quite funny.

I can only speak for Howard, Jeremy and Bulldog. I haven't really heard Schopp.

The poster that said Bulldog is stealing a paycheck every week - I agree. He really adds no sports knowledge at all.

But Howard and Jeremy are good. I don't blame anyone on that station for bashing callers. The callers are as close to wearing a helmet and drooling as they come. I can barely take the retards on this board, I can't imagine trying to keep my patience all day listening to the morons that call in. If you're an idiot, and call with an idiotic statement, it would be an injustice to society not to let you know about it.

It's bad enough the people of Buffalo have to put up with our sports teams, the economy, and this F'in freezing winter. The real insult is WGR's insult to the intelligence of the fans.

WGR and Bills fans who listen to it belong together. They are the worst possible fans full of criticism and hate with pretending they know more than football professionals when they know less than Detroit's front office.

bull sh--...WGR's afternoon show is trash...berating callers is beyond classless and you know what it tells me? Schoop isn't able to debate with the caller and has to resort to insults because he either knows he's wrong or he is confused by the caller

:lol:

making up words is prolly idiotic itself

1. Prolly

Shortened version of "probably". Typically used in online conversations, although REALLY lazy people have started using it in verbal conversations as well...

I'm feeling lazy so I prolly won't bother doing homework.

2. prolly

Web-slang abbreviation of "probably". Used extensively in forums and instant messsaging worldwide.

Red: I'll prolly cream my shorts when they release Halo 2.

Your Kool (oops oh no's i spelled Cool with a K)

I can only speak for Howard, Jeremy and Bulldog. I haven't really heard Schopp.

The poster that said Bulldog is stealing a paycheck every week - I agree. He really adds no sports knowledge at all.

Serious question: Have you listened to Parker (Bulldog) when Schopp is on vacation and he's doing the show solo?

WGR and Bills fans who listen to it belong together. They are the worst possible fans full of criticism and hate with pretending they know more than football professionals when they know less than Detroit's front office.

I'm thinking that you're a Bills fan AND you've listened to WGR before...

just saying.

I thought the Song they did earlier this Year on the Morning Show..."Marshawn" singing "Running Game," was absolutely hilarious! Everytime whoever was Singing that yelled, "Beastmode!" I cracked up... :)

Anyway...As an out-of-towner for almost 20 years now I appreciate WGR, especially Howard Simon in the AM...Maybe it's just the familiarity...I've been either watching or listening to Howard for what seems like a lifetime now...I don't think it's much better or worse than the AM Show here in Charlotte NC...It's just different...If anything, the Show here in Charlotte is a bit more on the entertainment side than WGR is...Lets not forget that Stations want Sports Talk Shows to be entertaining...The days of "hard core" Sports Talk 24-7 are pretty much over...So if you think there is too much joking around, and not enough meaty Sports Talk, it's probably by design... ;)

I agree it is probably by design. In Tampa in the AM on WDAE The Ron & Ian show they talk sports about 50% of the time. They have hot BABES on about 25% of the time ( You can check them out on their web site) & talk about women about 25% of the time.

Serious question: Have you listened to Parker (Bulldog) when Schopp is on vacation and he's doing the show solo?

I don't think I have. I guess I have heard Schopp, because I hear them together. I was confusing him with someone else at first.

Bulldog seems to be the 2nd guy on that show (don't know the media term for that), but he doesn't really bring any new ideas or even offer his opinion much. Howard and Jeremy are a good combination, they both offer insights and bring their own dimensions and personality to the show. But I don't really hear the same from Bulldog. And if you're going to say that he's very good by himself, that would probably be even more frustrating, because I wish he'd offer some insight all the time.

I don't think I have. I guess I have heard Schopp, because I hear them together. I was confusing him with someone else at first.

Bulldog seems to be the 2nd guy on that show (don't know the media term for that), but he doesn't really bring any new ideas or even offer his opinion much. Howard and Jeremy are a good combination, they both offer insights and bring their own dimensions and personality to the show. But I don't really hear the same from Bulldog. And if you're going to say that he's very good by himself, that would probably be even more frustrating, because I wish he'd offer some insight all the time.

IMO, Schopp can overwhelm that pairing at times. Although Parker is the supposed "voice of the fan," he's been doing this for a long time. (In fact, I think he and Howard Simon worked together at WBEN for a while, back in the '90s.) Anyway, when Brad used to fill in on afternoon drive, he and Parker seemed comfortable playing off each other, and I enjoyed the program a lot more.

Again, just my opinion.