If we beat the Pats* next week....

It would be the next best thing to getting in the playoffs. not the best thing in the world, but almost as good. beating them will knock them out of the playoffs. keeping them out of the playoffs would be the highlight of our season.

That's pretty f'n depressing considering a couple months ago I was in Miami with a good buzz and the Bills had just taken the lead in the 3rd quarter with a very nice drive capped by a TD run by Marshawn. In good position to be 6-1. In that moment, if you had told me the Bills would be 7-8 heading into our last game I would have called you a dumbass. Oops, who's the dumbass now :angry:

Some Bills fans settle for failure far too often. This thread is a clear indication that we've accepted losing as normal. Any form of success puts us over the edge, as evidenced with the 5-1 start against the league's bottomfeeders.

Beating the Pats is another moral victory. If the goal is to advance to the playoffs, the team failed. End of story.

It would be the next best thing to getting in the playoffs. not the best thing in the world, but almost as good. beating them will knock them out of the playoffs. keeping them out of the playoffs would be the highlight of our season.

you're right, and that shows exactly how pathetic it's gotten for our team.

Some Bills fans settle for failure far too often. This thread is a clear indication that we've accepted losing as normal. Any form of success puts us over the edge, as evidenced with the 5-1 start against the league's bottomfeeders.

Beating the Pats is another moral victory. If the goal is to advance to the playoffs, the team failed. End of story.

Say that again....with all caps so people will understand

Football Season without your team in the playoffs is like getting a birthday cake with no icing

It might still be worth a taste but you know it could have been better........

Guest dog14787

Knocking teams out of the playoffs is almost like a mini playoff game to me and winning does mean something. I have allot more respect for Dick Jauron now and I feel better about the direction the Bills are going in with DJ as HC. The players do love Jauron and they showed it against the Bronco's.

I hope they show it even more against the Pats. :angry:

As fans, we have ZERO control over what happens on the field.

Say Fan A is angry when his team loses and happy when his team wins, watches his team every Sunday, and wastes time talking about his team on internet message boards, taking the optimistic side of most debates with fellow fans.

Say Fan B, on the other hand, is angry regardless of whether his team wins or loses, because all he can think about is the fact that his team can't seem to enjoy any long-term success. Like Fan A, Fan B also wastes his time talking about his team on internet message boards, but differs in that he always takes the pessimistic approach in conversation with fellow fans.

Both fans are wasting time talking about their team on an internet message board, and wasting energy pondering their team 365 days a year. Despite this, neither fan is doing anything that will bring about any sort of change.

Whether you decide to complain or not, whether you're capable of enjoying the (altogether too rare) victories or not, you are settling for failure just as much as any other Bills fan. Don't tell me I'm settling for failure and you're not, when we waste equally ridiculous amounts of time and energy with this team, and neither of us is doing anything to change the situation.

We are equally powerless. Our opinions are equally irrelevant. We are forced to either "settle for failure," or walk away from being a Bills fan. Unfortunately, we're both in far too deep to do the latter, if I may be so presumptuous. You'll have to excuse me if I celebrate when my team wins, its just my nature.

But please, PLEASE, do not go around here acting like you're more dedicated to seeing the Bills win a Superbowl than the rest of us are because you're always negative and we usually stay positive. Maybe you're smarter, but you're not doing anything more to get the Bills into the playoffs than any of the other thousands of members of this board.

I'm off the soapbox. Sorry for the rant.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Waterboy"?

Dick Jauron is Coach Klein and Belicheat is Coach Red Beaulieu.

The Patriots will win.