Player I Absolutely Love

thebandit27

The dude's freakin FAST too

I like Rey Maualuga, a lot actually. But English is more of a pass-rusher and has a bit better motor. You won't hear a lot about him in the lead up to the draft, but he'll be a huge impact rookie in the DeMarcus Ware mold.

Also, don't get him confused with Austin English, a DE from Oklahoma.

Brian Orakpo!

Don't get me wrong, I love Orakpo, he's my favorite of the DEs eligible in 2009, but there's no way he's going to be there when the Bills draft. There's talk he could go #1 overall.

English WILL be there, and as you can see, he can really play.

Don't put him in the same class as Kelsay and Denney because of the terminology I use. Check out the video, he's explosive and disruptive. A game changer.

Relax, I'm just playin' around. I like the guys highlight video, He might be a stud one day but you seem to be heading the bandwagon so I'm just razzing ya a bit. BTW you never know what may happen from now to the draft, if he's truly a stud he may rise up the draft charts...

Relax, I'm just playin' around. I like the guys highlight video, He might be a stud one day but you seem to be heading the bandwagon so I'm just razzing ya a bit. BTW you never know what may happen from now to the draft, if he's truly a stud he may rise up the draft charts...

yeah I know, I was playin too. :thumbsup:

English is ranked just outside the top ten in Mike Mayocks top 25 Senior board. Maleuga should be available where ever the Bills draft because there are a couple of Lb's ranked ahead of him. I for one think DE is biggest need, and if we go LB it needs to be one who can cover in space, more like Cushing-USC or Spikes-FL than Maleuga.

I like Rey Maualuga, a lot actually. But English is more of a pass-rusher and has a bit better motor. You won't hear a lot about him in the lead up to the draft, but he'll be a huge impact rookie in the DeMarcus Ware mold.

Also, don't get him confused with Austin English, a DE from Oklahoma.

Oh, you'll hear plenty about English. Maualuga is a great player as well. But one thing to keep in mind, EVERYONE is trying to stock up on pass rushers and adjust their defenses to get to the QB........that's why it's more important to improve that OL.

If anyone watched the Ravens/Cowboys last night you saw how the Cowboys overgrown OL got blown up by the Ravens complex schemes. The Bills have had a piece of cake schedule this year and haven't had to play the Steelers, Titans, Ravens, Giants etc.....none of the dominant defenses......and yet Trent Edwards can't stay healthy. Imagine Edwards taking the beating Tony Romo did last night and surviving. Would never happen. Job #1 for the Bills has to be building a great OL.

I don't think there is any question that to win a SB today you need to be able to get to the opponents QB, but the Bills aren't even good enough to make the playoffs right now. They need to stack that OL and maximize the production from their QB positon first.

English is ranked just outside the top ten in Mike Mayocks top 25 Senior board. Maleuga should be available where ever the Bills draft because there are a couple of Lb's ranked ahead of him. I for one think DE is biggest need, and if we go LB it needs to be one who can cover in space, more like Cushing-USC or Spikes-FL than Maleuga.

I think your absolutely right, that's why I like English so much. A versitile guy like that who dominates as a down lineman and a blitzing linebacker would do wonders for our defense. I love the idea of having a guy that teams have to spend a lot of time game planning against, especially if you can throw a lot of looks at your opponent. There are other players that will be rated higher at DE and OLB, but I think this guy's skill set translates into immediate results.

You're right about the other guys too. They are more effective in coverage than English, but I'd personally rather see the Bills do something at free safety to improve their coverage on the back end and get a LB that can disrupt the rythem of the passing game from up front. I've mentioned somewhere on here before that I'd like to see the team re-sign Jabari Greer and start him opposite McKelvin, with McGee moving back to FS (he played there until midway through his junior season at NW State). I've always felt that McGee's skill set was more tailored to the position; he takes great angles and has better straight-line speed than short-area quickness. The Buccaneers did something similar a few years back with Jermaine Phillips, and had great results.

But I digress, if they do go for a coverage linebacker the guy I love is Aaron Curry (Wake Forest), but again there's a pretty good chance he'll be gone in the top 10.

Had a chance to watch this guy in the MAC this year.

Relentless, athletic, explosive.

Most scouts project him as a 4-3 OLB that will rush the passer in certain situations. Take a look:

He'll be on the board when the Bills pick...just a thought.

mmmm..tough to tell at that level...