watching the Colts last night

Cugalabanza

Watching the Colts steal yet another one (they're like the anti-Bills), I couldn't help fantasizing...

Just imagine if the Bills had a Jeff Saturday instead of Presler and Fowton and a Dwight Freeney instead of the sackless millionaires Denney and Kelsey. Oh man, this team's win total just doubled. Throw in Reggie Wayne and we're Super Bowl contenders.

Sorry, I know that's not realistic, relevant or productive, but dreams are all I have left. Thank you for listening.

Watching the Colts steal yet another one (they're like the anti-Bills), I couldn't help fantasizing...

Just imagine if the Bills had a Jeff Saturday instead of Presler and Fowton and a Dwight Freeney instead of the sackless millionaires Denney and Kelsey. Oh man, this team's win total just doubled. Throw in Reggie Wayne and we're Super Bowl contenders.

Sorry, I know that's not realistic, relevant or productive, but dreams are all I have left. Thank you for listening.

Oh what if we had a Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, and Thurman Thomas...oh man, we would win so many Super Bowls...

Oh wait we did and got ZERO...

Thanks. If you want, I can give you my address so you can come over and kick me in the balls in person. :rolleyes:

Hahahaha...sorry man, I was just laughing actually when you made your post because I had been sitting here reflecting on all these posts today of bring in this guy and that guy and thinking, man we had a butt load of talent back then and never won the big one.

Then I saw your post...it was not meant to kick you in the balls, just mean to be humorous.

The problem still remains with jauron. He'd decide that freeney's speed is too much for a DE and have him drop back into coverage of a RB.

The problem still remains with jauron. He'd decide that freeney's speed is too much for a DE and have him drop back into coverage of a RB.

The problem is with the front office.

If the Bills had Freeney, the front office would deem him too expensive so they would franchise him for a year, then let him walk for nothing in return.

Then, to fill the DE hole, they'd find a mediocre, overrated DE free agent that some team is elated to let go of and sign him to a big contract.

DAMMIT! Do not poopoo on my dreams! Man, if somebody says to me that some actress or whatever is hot, do I point out to them that gorgeous young wealthy women do not typically have sex with guys who drive Nissan Altimas? No, I do not. I let them have their pathetic little fantasy.

:rolleyes:

You ever watch Freeney real closely? That guy has moves from every angle.....hes comes 110% every play, spin moves everything, arm swims, bull rush.......hes crazy.....totally shows how bad out DE's are......Yeah even with Schobel in there...

Oh what if we had a Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, and Thurman Thomas...oh man, we would win so many Super Bowls...

Oh wait we did and got ZERO...

The Bills lost those super bowls for two reasons,(except for the the first SB) by the time Buffalo got through the brutal AFC they were so banged up that they just couldn't compete at their best.In fact I can recall in the Denver AFC championship they needed Pete Metzelaars to sub in as a tackle because of injuries. Also. one year the NFL decided it wanted to cut out a two week wait from the championship games so they changed it to one week,simply not enough time to get the Bills healthy.

The first year the Bills went and faced the NY Giants who had Bill Parcels and Bill Belichick,as good as Marv Levy and Ted Marchibroda were... they were out coached. In typical Buffalo fashion they failed to run the ball enough and tried to throw on that Giant secondary who had held Montana to one TD points in two games.Belichick would later state the giants played that game in constant nickle and dime coverage the entire game.

The Bills lost those super bowls for two reasons,(except for the the first SB) by the time Buffalo got through the brutal AFC they were so banged up that they just couldn't compete at their best.In fact I can recall in the Denver AFC championship they needed Pete Metzelaars to sub in as a tackle because of injuries. Also. one year the NFL decided it wanted to cut out a two week wait from the championship games so they changed it to one week,simply not enough time to get the Bills healthy.

The first year the Bills went and faced the NY Giants who had Bill Parcels and Bill Belichick,as good as Marv Levy and Ted Marchibroda were... they were out coached. In typical Buffalo fashion they failed to run the ball enough and tried to throw on that Giant secondary who had held Montana to one TD points in two games.Belichick would later state the giants played that game in constant nickle and dime coverage the entire game.

Refresh my memory...Did Kelly, Thurman, Reed, and Smith play in those 4 losses?

The first year the Bills went and faced the NY Giants... they were out coached.

I watched that game recently. For the most part, it was an extremely well-played game all around. Absolutely one of the best SB's ever.

Two things stuck out for me that I did not remember from all those years ago…

1. Andre Reed had a couple very costly drops in the first half. Stalled drives at crucial points. The Bills offense should have come away with more points.

2. Hostetler. The Bills were hammering the everlovin' crap out of that poor man for much of the game. To his credit, he was able to gut it out and keep the Giants offense functional enough to keep eeking out first downs to eat the clock.

But yes, that was the Bills' year. The Giants managed to steal it. Much the same way they did against the pats* last year.

I watched that game recently. For the most part, it was an extremely well-played game all around. Absolutely one of the best SB's ever.

Two things stuck out for me that I did not remember from all those years ago…

1. Andre Reed had a couple very costly drops in the first half. Stalled drives at crucial points. The Bills offense should have come away with more points.

2. Hostetler. The Bills were hammering the everlovin' crap out of that poor man for much of the game. To his credit, he was able to gut it out and keep the Giants offense functional enough to keep eeking out first downs to eat the clock.

But yes, that was the Bills' year. The Giants managed to steal it. Much the same way they did against the pats* last year.

I can recall Bruce Smith had hold of Hostetlers wrist and he had the ball in his hand and somehow he managed to keep holding on to that football,kind of amazing.No turnovers in that entire game.

Anyway,If only they had run Thurman Thomas early and more often as the only NY Giant LB on the field most of that day was Lawrence Taylor who was spying Thurman.

c'mon.

freeny would get booed on this board for being weak on the run, getting garbage sacks, not getting enough sacks, and spinning his way out of plays.

and the reason why the colts won last night is payton manning. they have the best qb ever, and a ton of weapons on O. that's what it is. that's what we lack -- top qb play (although i hope trent can improve, but he's certainly no peyton) and weapons on O.

I thought they lost because they did too much partying the night before.....