Want to fire Jauron and replace him with a coordinator?

dave mcbride

My opinion on why all the assistants hired for their 1st head coaching job have failed in Buffalo is because we never hire the real hot assistants, like the Spagnuolos out there, because Ralph wants a 1st time coach to sign a low $ contract. So instead, we get the 2nd tier of available assistants, while the more sought after guys get paid like, sought after guys.

Even though he's been a failure in Cincinnati, Marvin Lewis is a prime example. The main reason he didn't want to come here when he was the league's hottest assistant was he didn't want to be paid what Ralph was asking-he thought he was worth more (He also thought he had the Cleveland job at a much higher salary but then they turned around and hired Butch Davis & killed his original plan). So we ended up with Gregg Williams, who was paid so low, he got a raise when he went to Washington after his coaching stint ended in failure in Buffalo.

Until Ralph is willing to pay big $ to the unproven guy, the top unproven guys will sign elsewhere.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone posted that anyone but beldsoe would be better, then we got the jp losman abortion.

anyone but wade/gregg williams and then we got the mularky abortion (and he is still a very good OC).

it's only worth firing jaroun if we can replace him with someone better. someone equal will be a downgrade because changing coaches itself has a negative impact on a team unless it has quit, and i really don't think anyone will say the bills have quit.

we need another playmaker on O, and some pass rush, that will cure all of our coaching issues.

everyone posted that anyone but beldsoe would be better, then we got the jp losman abortion.

anyone but wade/gregg williams and then we got the mularky abortion (and he is still a very good OC).

it's only worth firing jaroun if we can replace him with someone better. someone equal will be a downgrade because changing coaches itself has a negative impact on a team unless it has quit, and i really don't think anyone will say the bills have quit.

we need another playmaker on O, and some pass rush, that will cure all of our coaching issues.

with poor talent evaluators in the front office and Dick's track record of personnel decisions, don;t count on the Bills adding any signicant play-makers any time soon.

A lot of times I disagree with you, but I agree comletely with this- why change coaches if you aren't sure its an upgrade?

I'll add to that too- everybody is always looking for the hot coordinator, but there is a big problem with that. It takes a completely different skill set to be a coordinator than it takes to be a head coach. Coordinators deal mainly in X's and O's. Head coaches are less analytical, dealing with people and some game situations. One of their major roles is planning out practice- sometimes down to the minute.

At this point, I am not for a change- if we had to change coaches, I would not be for Spagnuolo or Lebeau (who would never come back after his first stint here). I would be for UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel.