Start McKelvin over Greer no matter?

scribo

Jabari Greer practiced this week, albeit in a limited basis. It sounds like he may be able to play this week or next.

But he will be a free agent this offseason. So with that in mind, should the Bills put him back in the starting lineup as soon as he is ready, or do start McKelvin to get him the extra reps as he is certain to be on the team for a while?

I can see both ways, but I hope we're going to retain Greer, so I hope the Bills do the right thing and start him. Of course, if the Bills have already decided he cannot be re-signed, then I think they should keep McKelvin on the field as much as possible.

What say you?

Jabari Greer practiced this week, albeit in a limited basis. It sounds like he may be able to play this week or next.

But he will be a free agent this offseason. So with that in mind, should the Bills put him back in the starting lineup as soon as he is ready, or do start McKelvin to get him the extra reps as he is certain to be on the team for a while?

I can see both ways, but I hope we're going to retain Greer, so I hope the Bills do the right thing and start him. Of course, if the Bills have already decided he cannot be re-signed, then I think they should keep McKelvin on the field as much as possible.

What say you?

Very tough decision, maybe by some act of intelligence the Bills will re-sign him and if this is the case then he should certainly start.

It should be noted that good decisions are a rarity with this organization so not only do I expect him to sign somewhere else but I also expect the Bills to know this but also give him the start. Just look at JP Losman the last few weeks, he is gone at the end of the season but they failed to give Hamdan some reps.

Dick Jauron fails on every possible level.

I love Greer, but I believe they made the decision to let him go when they drafted two corners in the 1st and 4th rounds last year. And though Youboty is unreliable, his emergence means we have some pretty good depth at the position.

It wouldn't have been smarter to use the picks elsewhere and re-sign Greer, intead of recycling cornerbacks, would it?

Very tough decision, maybe by some act of intelligence the Bills will re-sign him and if this is the case then he should certainly start.

It should be noted that good decisions are a rarity with this organization so not only do I expect him to sign somewhere else but I also expect the Bills to know this but also give him the start. Just look at JP Losman the last few weeks, he is gone at the end of the season but they failed to give Hamdan some reps.

Dick Jauron fails on every possible level.

As soon as the Bills were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, Losman became the third stringer. Personally I wouldn't have played Losman in the Jets game, but I can see the thought process.

Greer could be a good pickup for the Patriots this off-season.

You're freakin' right. I can see that happening. I think the McKelvin pickup was good in retrospect. He looks as good as advertised on ST and has really improved over the coarse of the season. I have a feeling he'll have a good game this week against Cutler and Co. if he gets good time.

I love Greer, but I believe they made the decision to let him go when they drafted two corners in the 1st and 4th rounds last year. And though Youboty is unreliable, his emergence means we have some pretty good depth at the position.

It wouldn't have been smarter to use the picks elsewhere and re-sign Greer, intead of recycling cornerbacks, would it?

Yeah, I don't think OBD has any delusions of resigning Greer, that's why we drafted the way we did. Personally, I'd start McKelvin because a CB coming back from injury is always a scary thing to put in your starting lineup (think McGee against Ginn). On top of that, he would most likely be matched up against Eddie Royal, one of the speedier guys out there, as McGee will be matched up against the bigger threat Marshall. If Greer has lost half a step due to this injury, I do not want him on Royal.

I hope Greer is with the team for several more years. He's our most reliable DB. Get him back in the lineup.

How is he the most reliable CB if he hasn't played in weeks? I understand he is hurt but isn't that the definition of unreliable?

Greer could be a good pickup for the Patriots this off-season.

I'll go even further: he'd be an instant upgrade for any team in the AFC East. Ty Law won't stick around forever, and the Fins' CBs aren't anything special.

In kind of a unique situation, Greer might not want to play himself (although as a competitor he probably does). Let me rephrase that, his agent probably doesn't want him to play. He had a pretty darn good year and was playing at his best when he was hurt. He probably can't improve his standing around the league with scouts and GMs in the next two games unless he was phenomenal, but he could hurt his standing if he gets toasted or doesn't look like he is fully back. It may very well be in his best interest to sit. I have a feeling he's going to get a ridiculous offer from some team. A nice player, but probably not worth what he will get.

You're freakin' right. I can see that happening. I think the McKelvin pickup was good in retrospect. He looks as good as advertised on ST and has really improved over the coarse of the season. I have a feeling he'll have a good game this week against Cutler and Co. if he gets good time.

:wallbash::worthy::worthy:

Great pun dude. Truly awesome. It has been coarse.

I'll go even further: he'd be an instant upgrade for any team in the AFC East. Ty Law won't stick around forever, and the Fins' CBs aren't anything special.

I was going to say that, but I thought being specific might drive the point home easier.

In a couple years and if it is business as usual, the Bills starting CBs will be McKelvin and Corner (Youboty could be anchoring the IR list) and the Bills will be back at the 1st round CB feed trough.

I would start McKelvin simply because he needs the reps

would like to see him play against a good QB and receivers

besides I think Greer would look good on the slot receivers if he is able to play at all

I think you resign Greer before the market opens in Feb.

You can never have enough good CBs on your team.

Brady will be back next year....thats reason enough right there