Our "ProBowl" tackle said all that needs to be said.

jkx2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
That's just it, he cared more about his money (under paid but still making over 3 MIL a year) then he did the team and winning. Missed the first game, sucked the next 6 and you want to say he had a Pro Bowl season. I don't want this guy gone, but don't reward him for this year. He just doesn't deserve it. And no one would be making such a big deal of it if he showed some humility and humbleness about it. He himself knows he didn't have a pro bowl season, but instead of saying it's a privilege to be chosen but I'd wish we were headed to the playoffs, he insults the fans and media and tells us how great he was this season when Stevie Wonder could see he wasn't. He did not give his all by holding out and showing up with no legs as he called it.

If you're going to hold out, you better show up and prove you're worth the money you want, and he didn't, bottom line!

I haven't seen anything Jason Peters has commented on that comes remotely close to what your saying, you seen this where?

then you obviously don't watch football. Great players leave for free agency all the time. How many free agents have you seen walk out the door of Buffalo because they wanted more money than the team could offer or budget for.

Carolina has Peppers as their number one priority, and by the way, he is a free agent. Is he not that good?

Peppers is scheduled to become a free agent, but he has not hit the market yet. Carolina can sign him or tag him before then. My guess is does not become available.

deal with reality

give me the list of Pro Bowl LTs that have moved in free agency.

Hutchinson is one guy that moved, but he's a G.

That's just it, he cared more about his money (under paid but still making over 3 MIL a year) then he did the team and winning. Missed the first game, sucked the next 6 and you want to say he had a Pro Bowl season. I don't want this guy gone, but don't reward him for this year. He just doesn't deserve it. And no one would be making such a big deal of it if he showed some humility and humbleness about it. He himself knows he didn't have a pro bowl season, but instead of saying it's a privilege to be chosen but I'd wish we were headed to the playoffs, he insults the fans and media and tells us how great he was this season when Stevie Wonder could see he wasn't. He did not give his all by holding out and showing up with no legs as he called it.

If you're going to hold out, you better show up and prove you're worth the money you want, and he didn't, bottom line!

pretty weak argument when his peers vote him into the Pro Bowl

Sounds like he's trying to look at the positives.

Yes he sure s!

I look at it (the take on his position) like a team trying to win baseball/hockey games... Let me explain. You don't have to win every game in those sports because it is a long season. Just like the line positions, you are NOT going to win every battle... YET, you wanna win series... You want to go consistently at least 2 out of 3 in the battle/win game department... AND most importantly you can't, I repeat... YOU CAN'T lose the big games/battles that tend to make or break things.

Now the question begs to be asked... Does Peter's play fit that constistent model/role?

pretty weak argument when his peers vote him into the Pro Bowl

Really, how many of them saw him play. Do you think anybody from the Vikings, Panthers or any other team that didn't play the Bills saw Jason Peters play one down of football this year, ya right. He got voted in by his peers on the Ruben Brown syndrome. I and a lot of other fans and media saw him play every down this year and with the "magic" of Tivo could watch any play again and see him get beat on many critical plays this year. Do you think peers like Joey Porter or anybody on the Jets voted for him? The only peers that played against him this year that voted for him are the ones looking for a sack in the Pro Bowl.

Guest dog14787
Really, how many of them saw him play. Do you think anybody from the Vikings, Panthers or any other team that didn't play the Bills saw Jason Peters play one down of football this year, ya right. He got voted in by his peers on the Ruben Brown syndrome. I and a lot of other fans and media saw him play every down this year and with the "magic" of Tivo could watch any play again and see him get beat on many critical plays this year. Do you think peers like Joey Porter or anybody on the Jets voted for him? The only peers that played against him this year that voted for him are the ones looking for a sack in the Pro Bowl.

If they didn't watch him play then why vote for him? His hold out and slow start does not change the fact that he's one of the best Lineman in the NFL.

I would like to keep Jason Peters as a Buffalo Bill and anybody who doesn't must not care much about improving the team. The O-line has been playing very well as of late and we don't need to lose a big part of the reason why.

Can anyone tell me why my posts get stretched out where you can't read them as I'm trying to type the post? Mods? Anyone? Never did it before so I wish someone would fix the problem.

If they didn't watch him play then why vote for him? His hold out and slow start does not change the fact that he's one of the best Lineman in the NFL.

I would like to keep Jason Peters as a Buffalo Bill and anybody who doesn't must not care much about improving the team. The O-line has been playing very well as of late and we don't need to lose a big part of the reason why.

Can anyone tell me why my posts get stretched out where you can't read them as I'm trying to type the post? Mods? Anyone? Never did it before so I wish someone would fix the problem.

I'm not talking about getting rid of him. But his statement of "That's what you play the game for" is getting to the Pro Bowl embodies the problem with todays player. Get to the pro bowl so they can demand more money. The main objective should be to win, to get to the Super Bowl and in this case he didn't have a Pro Bowl season. He missed the first game and by his own admittance was not at the top of his game the next six. So how do you have a Pro Bowl season in 8 games losing most and giving up game changing sacks vs the Jets and Dolphins. Players going to the Pro bowl is fine, great. It should not be your priority like his seems to be by his statements.

Here's an article:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/526490.html

Here's what he said:

“When you put the film on you’ll recognize me.” Peters said. “When you line up in front of me you’re going to recognize me. Bottom line: That’s what matters — the coaches and players. The fan voting, they only see the bad plays. I’m pretty sure they don’t even watch the tackle position. They just see when you get beat. So that’s what matters, when the players and the coaches vote you in.”

Offensive much? And can anyone argue that he doesn't hate the fans in buffalo?

I can argue that. I don't think Peters hates the fans at all. He just loves himself more. Besides, since the players and coaches did vote him as a starter for his second consecutive Pro Bowl, Ralph & Russ will have to fork out some huge dollars to keep him happy. Maybe thats one of the reasons his fellow players voted him in. They want to see him get yet another astronomical contract to keep the money moving on up. :rolleyes:

I can argue that. I don't think Peters hates the fans at all. He just loves himself more. Besides, since the players and coaches did vote him as a starter for his second consecutive Pro Bowl, Ralph & Russ will have to fork out some huge dollars to keep him happy. Maybe thats one of the reasons his fellow players voted him in. They want to see him get yet another astronomical contract to keep the money moving on up. :rolleyes:

Seems like a waste of money to pay Peters the big bucks only to have him play in a DJ offense.

Guest dog14787
Seems like a waste of money to pay Peters the big bucks only to have him play in a DJ offense.

What we do at he OC position is what will make or break the Buffalo Bills in the not so distant future.

I expect a change to more of a West coast style which should go well in Buffalo, especially with a good running game and that is why Jason Peters is very important to the Buffalo Bills.