Sounds like Mularkey sees a change at QB

seq004

On the front page of TBD in the Buffalo News article about Willis starting instead of Henry when MM is asked to comment he says" If thats what it takes it's not the only position it may happen to." It sounds like to me anyway that he finally can see the end of Bledsoe near.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what I thought when I heard his pc yesterday.  It sounds like the change is inevitable.  The question is just, when is JP 100% heatlhy?

89237[/snapback]

Whenever JP is healthy is beside the point at this stage in the season. Buffalo is 1-5 and spinning it's wheels. If Bledsoe has a schitty first half against Arizona then put in Matthews just to see if he can provide a spark because really, what do you have to lose? The writing is on the wall for Drew, continuing to play him from here on in will only succeed in fans starting to stay away. I doubt he is still here next season unless he's willing to give some $$$ back and accept the backup position. Probably ain't happening.

hope he means sunday, anybody but drew and we might win

89409[/snapback]

Ageed ...it's time to go to Matthews and see if that was a smart signing while waiting for JP. I do believe he was talking about Bledsoe or I really hope he was.

anybody but drew

89409[/snapback]

the 'anybody but drew' crowd reminds me of john kerry supporters. most can't give me one reason to vote for kerry and go off on what's wrong with bush. and most of the 'anybody but drew' crowd can't give one reason to start matthews other than what's wrong with bledsoe (and losman is neither healed nor ready)

*note* not meant as an endorsement of either bush or bledsoe, just an observation on prevailing attitudes

there's an AP article on the TBD homepage that states just that... Moulds says that if bledsoso continues to suck, he wants jp as the QB when he's healthy. If bledsoso turns it around, then he's all for sticking with the man of granite.

Hopefully is refering to the terrible offensive line. I mean gee, now Travis Henry looks bad behind them. Whos next I guess would should get rid of Drew, Travis, and who else is dependent on the line?

90179[/snapback]

Nah, it's all Bledsoe. No rushing TD's this year, the 5th worst rushing offense (by average yards per rush), and Peter King saying Mike Williams is a bust and hurting the team, point to major problems with Bledsoe's ability to get his line to get the running game going and play well. But Matthews and/or Losman will fix all that.

Hopefully he meant O-line.

89275[/snapback]

What's the alternative? Our personnel is not that great. We would need an overhaul, which, if it does happen, will be this offseason. Knowing Donahoe's track record with addressing the offensive line, I wouldn't bet on it.

What's the alternative?  Our personnel is not that great.  We would need an overhaul, which, if it does happen, will be this offseason.  Knowing Donahoe's track record with addressing the offensive line, I wouldn't bet on it.

90361[/snapback]

The alternative is doing what McNally suggested, i.e. moving MW to LG. I'd also hazard a guess that he'd want Price starting at LT and Jennings moved back to RT. Don't know about center, and I'm sure he's fine with Villarrial since he had him brought-in. As for TD, he might not be the one making the decisions if he's fired, and he'd REALLY have to be stupid to ignore O-line this off-season. The Bills are set at RB, WR (I think they can get another year out of Moulds, while the younger guys continue to develop [minus Reed]), and I like the potential of Euhus at TE and Losman at QB. The defense is looking pretty good with only 1 FA: Williams. The focus HAS to be O-line and maybe DL.

Nah, it's all Bledsoe.  No rushing TD's this year...

I really don't understand using this stat to defend Bledsoe. It tells me that teams are stacking the line inside the 20 because they know that Drew is one of the worst red zone QBs playing today. Defenses challenge the Bills to beat them with the pass near the goal line, and they can't.

I really don't understand using this stat to defend Bledsoe.  It tells me that teams are stacking the line inside the 20 because they know that Drew is one of the worst red zone QBs playing today.  Defenses challenge the Bills to beat them with the pass near the goal line, and they can't.

90465[/snapback]

Oy! Insert mantra here HD. It's about as useful as the stuff you wrote above.