Caroline Kennedy Tours Upstate

BillsNYC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than winning the birth lottery and being born into our brand of royalty what has she done?

Is she even an attorney? Some of you opined that being a political outsider will serve her well. Are you serious? She's an outsider? So is Nancy Pelosi. :thumbsup:

Good luck with that WNY...Another limousine liberal. Good for you.

Well it's over she has received the ultimate endorsement.........Al Sharpton :w00t:

Yeah, I can imagine. I've worked for three giant bumbling corporations in my lifetime, and also did a stint in a couple of large civic organizations. What it takes to get things done would piss off the Good Humor man..I am sure the federal government is FAR FAR worse and to be honest I can see where sometimes you'd need to run roughshod over folks. And most staffers aren't planning to be lifers, it's a stepping stone. And most don't make a whole lotta $$ either.

I decided against running myself because there is no way I'd have the patience to put up with the @#$. I watch C-Span and I've been to Congress and listened to it all. I am much better behind the scenes pulling the strings.

Louise did tell me you need to have a very thick skin and not be afraid to hurt feelings, and get your own feelings hurt. It's a brutal environment but if you want to get something done you sometimes have to slash and burn.

Maybe, but you still don't have to be a jerk about it and she often is to the help, especially because they are so under paid... Her perspective is it is a stepping stone, then she should be a positive mentor and not treat people the way she does... This happens across party lines and she is one of the bad actors... And no you don't have to slash and burn if you treat people with respect. Sometimes you have to pick a fight, that goes with the territory, but the good ones can all sit down together afterward and the staff do all the grunt work... Slaughter should have more respect.

P.S. No wonder her staff turned over so often... they were to quote Monte Python... running away! :thumbsup:

Maybe, but you still don't have to be a jerk about it and she often is to the help, especially because they are so under paid... Her perspective is it is a stepping stone, then she should be a positive mentor and not treat people the way she does... This happens across party lines and she is one of the bad actors... And no you don't have to slash and burn if you treat people with respect. Sometimes you have to pick a fight, that goes with the territory, but the good ones can all sit down together afterward and the staff do all the grunt work... Slaughter should have more respect.

P.S. No wonder her staff turned over so often... they were to quote Monte Python... running away! :w00t:

Mark Foley treated his interns well. :thumbsup:

FWIW, she is a lawyer.

He wanted to be Governor but I haven't heard about him throwing his hat in the ring. Yet.

I havent heard anything either but he did donate a million to the State Democratics and also 25 million!! to the Clinton foundation. And Clinton was with Golisano at the Sabres game a couple of nights ago.Thats what got me thinking.

P.S. No wonder her staff turned over so often... they were to quote Monte Python... running away! :wallbash:

The people I know who worked for her didn't share this experience. I suspect that she's neither as bad as you think, nor as good as I think. The truth is usually, like most things, somewhere in the middle.

This is really getting interesting. The more information that comes out about her, the less attractive she is as a candidate. The Left would be having a epileptic seizure if the shoe were on the other foot.

If Patterson appoints her you people are going to get what you asked for.

But what can I say...I've got Barbara Boxer and Feinstein as my Senators...yuck!

This is really getting interesting. The more information that comes out about her, the less attractive she is as a candidate. The Left would be having a epileptic seizure if the shoe were on the other foot.

If Patterson appoints her you people are going to get what you asked for.

But what can I say...I've got Barbara Boxer and Feinstein as my Senators...yuck!

What are you talking about???

Feinstein isn't bad, actually in my opinion, too acomodating to Bush, Boxer is rough a la Slaughter, but I don't get that off Kennedy... Do tell what you are talking about.

I hope Princess Caroline shows up to vote more often as Senator than she did as a citizen:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2...failed_to_.html

And now she wants to be involved in the 'process'. How quaint.

Just what we need, another drunken Kennedy in Congress. Fan-farcking-tastic.

You go Patterson! Raise the roof homey!

Perhaps they should just change the name of the Senate to the House of Lords. Caroline Schlossberg meets with Syracuse mayor video. He should feel privileged to have not only met her, but to actually have been spoken to by her.

Oligarchical crap. Madonna would be a better selection - if only for the pure entertainment value. If Schlossberg gets appointed you can bet she won't show up anywhere in NY State outside of Manhattan until 2010 when she'll have to actually get dirty and try to get the people to vote her into office. Power to the peeble.

Perhaps they should just change the name of the Senate to the House of Lords. Caroline Schlossberg meets with Syracuse mayor video. He should feel privileged to have not only met her, but to actually have been spoken to by her.

Oligarchical crap. Madonna would be a better selection - if only for the pure entertainment value. If Schlossberg gets appointed you can bet she won't show up anywhere in NY State outside of Manhattan until 2010 when she'll have to actually get dirty and try to get the people to vote her into office. Power to the peeble.

She has staff for that-Pa-lezzzzz.

What are you talking about???

Feinstein isn't bad, actually in my opinion, too acomodating to Bush, Boxer is rough a la Slaughter, but I don't get that off Kennedy... Do tell what you are talking about.

First off, both are worthless hacks IMO. You should see the ridiculous responses I receive from their staffers when I write them about issues. I'm not impressed with either, though if I had to choose a favorite, it would be Feinstein over Boxer. The Lefties here love to bash Palin yet completely ignore the ineptitude of Boxer. I don't get it.

Back on the subject of Ms Kennedy Schloshburg, what has she done that warrants an appointment as a US Senator? Do you like and support aristocracy in this country? The whole Kennedy name as a reason to appoint her is beyond anything that resembles common sense. That's all I'm saying.

While I am not impressed with Kennedy and would rather someone like Cuomo get appointed, one thing she does bring to the table is a friendship with Obama, who owes her for her support, and for a freshman senator to have that close association with the president which could influence some decisions in favor of New York State is not a bad thing.