Peters to Probowl is a bad bad BAD thing!

marauderswr80

name them

I'll name the latest.........The Jets game.....whiffed on that block. How many times he get schooled this year and get his QB Killed? Week before that Jerry Porter run him over to sack Losman near the endzone......last time they played Miami he couldnt stay on the field, and again Jerry Porter tore him apart.....

Granted Porter is a great player......

But please understand im not saying Peters is a bad player......cause hes not, I like the guy......he's our best OL.......I just dont think he played that type of football this year....but according to you he went cause "who else would go".....

Not trying to argue with ya, you always make valid points around here.....Just something about him going to the probowl, makes me think he will cause some major problems with the Bills before next year begins...

its half popularity contest half deserved. He deserves to go. Name another LT more deserving.

That is true.......I can tell you now he didnt go on popularity....I think he went cause of players and coaches voting myself. Not many out of our division fan wise know Jason Peters.

Save the kid the grief...I'll send ya some Panthers gear. :bag:

nah....i was raised to be a Bills fan, my son was raised to be a Bills fan, my other child will be one as well.

I got my 5 year old to the point where he can name 3 players on offense, defense & special teams......

Quick story....During the Bills Jags game my son was watching the game with me, Hardy scores the game winning TD, he jumped off the couch pounding his chest, screaming ALL DAY BABY ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was great, my wife just shook her head! It was great.....he actually got his first Bills jersey this year as you can see in my avatar....POZ one....

Look, was deserving his call to the pro bowl? maybe not. Was he horrible this year like many wants us to believe? hardly.

Guys like Jake Long and Ryan Clady had great years and either of the two could have replaced him.

Are these two known comodities yet? certainly not, maybe if they keep playing like they did this year and Jason has another year (not as dominant as 2007) like he had they could go.

At one point Jake Long was leading the fan polls of who should have went to the pro bowl, so maybe the coaches and peers helped Jason to be where he is right now.

We all saw and know what Peters is capable of doing and we most certainly know that one day he was going to get paid, hopefully by us.

did it helped this selection to keep him on the cheap? obviously not but it's way better to pay this freak of nature than to overpaid a lesser talent (think John Fina) to protect your QB.

nah....i was raised to be a Bills fan, my son was raised to be a Bills fan, my other child will be one as well.

I got my 5 year old to the point where he can name 3 players on offense, defense & special teams......

Quick story....During the Bills Jags game my son was watching the game with me, Hardy scores the game winning TD, he jumped off the couch pounding his chest, screaming ALL DAY BABY ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was great, my wife just shook her head! It was great.....he actually got his first Bills jersey this year as you can see in my avatar....POZ one....

I hear ya. I could eaisily pose as a fan of the 11-3 Panthers, instead i'm suffering through this miserable season with my team. I've probably watched a total of 6 quarters of Panthers football this year.

I guess being a Bills fan is like getting herpes, once you're infected, you're stuck for life. :bag:

Peters getting to the probowl was a huge disapointment why you ask?

He now has the upper hand when the Bills try to reconstruct his current contract, even with his poor play this season. Granted he has played better as of late, but beginning of the year no way was he a probowl LT!!!!!!

Honestly, right now I still dont think hes a probowl LT or atleast playing like one.......

In the long run this really kills this team when they go talk contract with Peters, this could set the franchise back even more so.........

Never thought having a probowl LT this year would kill us in the long run.........

Not sure it changes his status - he is an elite LT in the league and they ar paid well.

did it helped this selection to keep him on the cheap? obviously not but it's way better to pay this freak of nature than to overpaid a lesser talent (think John Fina) to protect your QB.

Oh God, John Fina. :bag: I used to call him "hands on hips" Fina. After a play , the qb would be on his back, and there would be Fina, standing around alone with his hands on his hips.