Ralph won't give up 1st & 2nd round draft picks anymore

Jerry Jabber

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/517889.html

Ralph is still mad about giving up 1st round draft picks to move up in the draft from the Donahoe era, plus the highest we offered for Tony Gonzazlez was a 3rd rounder (Stroud - 3rd & 5th rounders), so Ralph is not going to let the Bills FO give up 1st & 2nd round picks. So, unless we try & trade for a NFL superstar, the highest you'll see the Bills give up is a 3rd rounder, and I doubt Philly will give up McNabb for a 3rd rounder or less.

New flash to Ralph.........he has the ability to say no to certain trades!!!!! He has himself to blame. He's mad about the Donahoe era, ok well he hired him....his fault.

Back when Marv was in charge he gave up some picks to get into the first for McCargo....again Ralph's fault for letting it happen....

No matter what Ralph has to say anymore about the past & present he has himself to blame.....stop pointing fingers.

New flash to Ralph.........he has the ability to say no to certain trades!!!!! He has himself to blame. He's mad about the Donahoe era, ok well he hired him....his fault.

Back when Marv was in charge he gave up some picks to get into the first for McCargo....again Ralph's fault for letting it happen....

No matter what Ralph has to say anymore about the past & present he has himself to blame.....stop pointing fingers.

I agree, I just wish Ralph would sell the team to Jim Kelly & his group.

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/517889.html

Ralph is still mad about giving up 1st round draft picks to move up in the draft from the Donahoe era, plus the highest we offered for Tony Gonzazlez was a 3rd rounder (Stroud - 3rd & 5th rounders), so Ralph is not going to let the Bills FO give up 1st & 2nd round picks. So, unless we try & trade for a NFL superstar, the highest you'll see the Bills give up is a 3rd rounder, and I doubt Philly will give up McNabb for a 3rd rounder or less.

You just contradicted yourself...you say unless its for a NFL superstar, then say most for McNabb would be a 3rd...well, hate to break it to you but McNabb is an NFL superstar, and if we can get him for a #1, we have to consider it. There is not player in this draft, even if we had the #1 pick in the draft that will come in and have the impact McNabb would have here next year, or even in the 2 or 3 years to follow. We will have maybe a pick somwhere between 8 and 15 I am guessing, so there is no player that will help as much as McNabb and he is young enough to have that impact for several more seasons.

We are a young team...more YOUNG players isnt gonna get us to the promise land. Some of our key players are NOT so young by the way, and some may not be here much longer once these younger players become free agents. So, its not like we have a 5 year window to get good. A teams realistic window is generally 3 years with Free Agency unless they are some of the few teams that keep their key pieces, which we dont have a great track record of.

We have enough talent on this team to make a serious run if we had an Elite QB...Trent will not get us there next year...in fact, with Trent we will struggle to win 7 games with our Brutal schedule next season...

This is a pretty good idea IMO. I hope this goes for the draft too.

I do agree with you Jerry though about not giving up picks to move up in the draft and only for a Superstar. I just feel McNabb qualifies as the superstar.

I see some people on here talking about moving a 2nd for say Winslow, but personally, I think that would be too risky. He has shown some character issues, but that doesnt really scare me the most...I am most concerned with his ability to stay on the field. I also think Fine looks quite promising and I hear the coaching staff is really high on him.

I dont mind trading up with lower picks, but we need to hold our 2nd and 1st rounders unless they are for Elite talent and not to be traded for the McCargos, Losmans, and Poz's (although I will admit, I loved the Poz pick at the time, just hasnt panned out for what we gave to get it...just goes to show how uncertain the draft is).

You just contradicted yourself...you say unless its for a NFL superstar, then say most for McNabb would be a 3rd...well, hate to break it to you but McNabb is an NFL superstar, and if we can get him for a #1, we have to consider it. There is not player in this draft, even if we had the #1 pick in the draft that will come in and have the impact McNabb would have here next year, or even in the 2 or 3 years to follow. We will have maybe a pick somwhere between 8 and 15 I am guessing, so there is no player that will help as much as McNabb and he is young enough to have that impact for several more seasons.

We are a young team...more YOUNG players isnt gonna get us to the promise land. Some of our key players are NOT so young by the way, and some may not be here much longer once these younger players become free agents. So, its not like we have a 5 year window to get good. A teams realistic window is generally 3 years with Free Agency unless they are some of the few teams that keep their key pieces, which we dont have a great track record of.

We have enough talent on this team to make a serious run if we had an Elite QB...Trent will not get us there next year...in fact, with Trent we will struggle to win 7 games with our Brutal schedule next season...

How did I contradict myself? Just because I didn't put "NFL Superstar" right next to McNabb's name that means I'm contradicting myself?! Why don't you learn reading comprehension. I also said "I doubt" the Eagles would take a 3rd rounder in exchange for McNabb as they would want a higher draft pick (meaning 1st or 2nd rounder).

You are right about the window of opportunity for this team, we have about 3 to 5 years. But, regardless of who is the QB, we need another WR, if you think our group of WR's is good enough than you're crazy. We need a stellar WR to compliment Evans, whether it's Jennings or Houshmanzadeh (or how ever you spell his name). The last time we had a good offense was Bledsoe's first year when we had Moulds & Price. Having a big physical WR would be a perfect compliment to Evans. If Hardy develops, it will take him 3 or 4 years, especially with his recent ACL injury. If the Bills don't get upgrades on offense at the WR, TE & C position, we will have the same offense next year regardless of who's the coach and who's the QB is.

Bottom line, Ralph will no longer give up a 1st or 2nd rounder. Read the article from the Buffalo news, it's not going to happen.

How did I contradict myself? Just because I didn't put "NFL Superstar" right next to McNabb's name that means I'm contradicting myself?! Why don't you learn reading comprehension. I also said "I doubt" the Eagles would take a 3rd rounder in exchange for McNabb as they would want a higher draft pick (meaning 1st or 2nd rounder).

You are right about the window of opportunity for this team, we have about 3 to 5 years. But, regardless of who is the QB, we need another WR, if you think our group of WR's is good enough than you're crazy. We need a stellar WR to compliment Evans, whether it's Jennings or Houshmanzadeh (or how ever you spell his name). The last time we had a good offense was Bledsoe's first year when we had Moulds & Price. Having a big physical WR would be a perfect compliment to Evans. If Hardy develops, it will take him 3 or 4 years, especially with his recent ACL injury. If the Bills don't get upgrades on offense at the WR, TE & C position, we will have the same offense next year regardless of who's the coach and who's the QB is.

Bottom line, Ralph will no longer give up a 1st or 2nd rounder. Read the article from the Buffalo news, it's not going to happen.

I just said I agree with you, just dont agree on McNabb...man you get butt hurt a lot.

I also didnt say our WR's were elite, just that it would be the best group McNabb has ever had except for when he had T.O. That doesnt say our WR's are that good, its just that the Eagles WR's have been that bad. So why dont you pay attention to what you read...

That being said, I do think our WR's are not as bad as you say. Evans with a good QB who utilizes his down the field threat would be top 10 in the league. Reed is under appreciated. And I think Steve Johnson is our #2 of the future and he has good size. The staff is still pretty high on Hardy, so I will resever judgement on him, although I havent seen much from him that gives me encouragement other than his size.

Kelly said he's been contacted by more than a dozen people who are interested in partnering with him, but Jimbo hasn't disclosed exactly who.

That would be great if Jim Kelly and his group bought the Bills and somehow got the approval to build a new stadium down by the waterfront!!! That would help

Kelly said he's been contacted by more than a dozen people who are interested in partnering with him, but Jimbo hasn't disclosed exactly who.

"Interested" like Mark Hamister who was "interested" in buying the Sabres? ;) Nobody will know for sure until that point in time comes, but call me skeptical about the legitimacy of the "Kelly Group".

"Interested" like Mark Hamister who was "interested" in buying the Sabres? ;) Nobody will know for sure until that point in time comes, but call me skeptical about the legitimacy of the "Kelly Group".

We've seen Jim Kelly on the sidelines all this season & last season, plus Roger Goodell has been in town a bunch of times. I'm wondering if there are things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about regarding Jim possibly buying the team? Jim has even said that there's a lot he can't talk about, but as long as he's here, the Bills will stay in Buffalo.

Ralph is not going to let the Bills FO give up 1st & 2nd round picks.

Good, the best teams trade for more 1st & 2nd round picks.

How many times have the Patriots ended up with 2 first round picks in recent years.

When we traded a 1st to NE, what did they get?

Good, the best teams trade for more 1st & 2nd round picks.

How many times have the Patriots ended up with 2 first round picks in recent years.

When we traded a 1st to NE, what did they get?

If we could trade someone (like Schobel) to get another 1st round pick, then that would be a smart move. If a team wanted our #1 pick and we got multiple picks in return (like we did with Dallas 2004- #2 & #5 plus 2005 #1), then that would be a good move as well.

If we could trade someone (like Schobel) to get another 1st round pick, then that would be a smart move. If a team wanted our #1 pick and we got multiple picks in return (like we did with Dallas 2004- #2 & #5 plus 2005 #1), then that would be a good move as well.

Since everybody seems to think Schobel is so great a first rounder in a trade should be no problem ;)

Since everybody seems to think Schobel is so great a first rounder in a trade should be no problem ;)

:lol:

Dont get me wrong, I still think Schobel is solid, but I would say at times he looked like hes lost a step and when you are a finess type pass rusher, losing a step hurts a lot. I doubt we could get more than a 2nd for him and I think that would be pushing it. Maybe a late second rounder at best...Im guessing the realistic market for him is a 3rd given his injury filled season.

That being said, I think a healthy Schobel next year rebounds and has a pretty good year, so I would like to see him stay. He's still our best pass rusher and solid against the run. Our D is definitely better with him out there in my opinnion.