Question about gifts to first time parents...

Phlegm Alley

My sister is giving birth to my first niece or nephew this week in Syracuse and I am stumped about what congratulatory gifts a can present to them later on this week. I was thinking about the box of cigars for my brother-in-law, but haven't thought of anything yet for my sister.

Any suggestions from those with experience with this type of situation?

My sister is giving birth to my first niece or nephew this week in Syracuse and I am stumped about what congratulatory gifts a can present to them later on this week. I was thinking about the box of cigars for my brother-in-law, but haven't thought of anything yet for my sister.

An offer to go to their house and saftey equip it would be nice.

The best gift my wife and I got when our children were born were gift cards to a local chain restaurants, such as Outback and Appleby's ... not having to worry about cooking a meal every night when you have a newborn can be a godsend.

The best gift my wife and I got when our children were born were gift cards to a local chain restaurants, such as Outback and Appleby's ... not having to worry about cooking a meal every night when you have a newborn can be a godsend.

+1

Bring them Dinner...

That's what my mom and I did the night my brother and his new family came home. (That, and a sizable amount of cash in the card I took to the hospital.) Both seemed to go over well ...

Bring them Dinner...

Good idea...

;):lol:

The idea about a gift card is great... Yet, I suppose they would go with out the newborn or use take-out? I think our children were about 4-6 months before we brought them into a public establishment. Not that I am a germ freak or anything... When they are so new, I just wouldn't expose them too much in public places... Especially places where you dine.

Just me... I wouldn't even expose them to real milk until WELLl OVER a year... And peanut butter until they were over three. Call me crazy, but immune systems really don't get fully strengthed till over three years...

The idea about a gift card is great... Yet, I suppose they would go with out the newborn or use take-out? I think our children were about 4-6 months before we brought them into a public establishment. Not that I am a germ freak or anything... When they are so new, I just wouldn't expose them too much in public places... Especially places where you dine.

D'oh! Sorry, forgot to mention the take-out part in conjunction with the gift cards. Definitely don't want to drag a newborn out if you don't have to. You can also include the restaurant's take out menu along with the gift card to keep it as simple as possible for them.