Coaches and Lee Evans

ecgetty

Why can't the Bills even target Evans for throws? Double teams? Let me ask why that isn't the same case for, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, Santana Moss, Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe etc. All guys who see double teams and are a primary target in the passing game. Why is Evans the only high paid decoy on a team with few options at WR. Is he just not that good or is it all the QB?

Why can't the Bills even target Evans for throws? Double teams? Let me ask why that isn't the same case for, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, Santana Moss, Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe etc. All guys who see double teams and are a primary target in the passing game. Why is Evans the only high paid decoy on a team with few options at WR. Is he just not that good or is it all the QB?

Its the QB and coaches...mostly the coaches because they dont make an effort to make him a priority. Look at those players you talked about...those teams push the ball up field and take chances in their passing game...we look for the safe, conservative approach first and push when we are forced to.

Its the QB and coaches...mostly the coaches because they dont make an effort to make him a priority. Look at those players you talked about...those teams push the ball up field and take chances in their passing game...we look for the safe, conservative approach first and push when we are forced to.

I totally agree. I meant to add that it is all the coaches. Let a guy make some plays! Evans has great hands. Too bad he spends most of the game putting them gingerly on DBs shoulder pads on running plays or helping up Josh Reed.

I totally agree. I meant to add that it is all the coaches. Let a guy make some plays! Evans has great hands. Too bad he spends most of the game putting them gingerly on DBs shoulder pads on running plays or helping up Josh Reed.

I'd like to see the occasional double move deep to evans but, I am worried about his ability to shake contact at the line os scrimage. Looks like he is too often knocked off balance.

I think the biggest factor is to have another #2 WR that can help these guys eventually. Also, I think Evans is one dimensional in this offense (at least used that way). I rarely see Evans in the slot.

to me, all you have to do is look at that reverse that we ran with Johnson. We have roscoe, and Evans, but we run a reverse with Johnson--who is half as fast as those two.

Great call, wrong personnel. This coaching staff can't take two steps without falling flat on their faces.

we don;t push it even when down by 4 with 30 seconds to play.

wew continue to throw 4 yard passes

my biggest complaint about the bills O from an X's and O's POV is that we pass out of 5 wide, shotgun, trips, or some other obvious formation. we run (except for the shotgun draws wich NEVER WORK) out of wildcat, I, double back, and double TE. we are just too obvious and vanilla ALL THE DAMN TIME.

i can't remember when we threw a screen or ran up the gut vs a blitz, or followed up one of our strong strings of running plays (which we have every damn game) with play action that fooled anyone.

i think like gregg williams and his rook oc in his first year, we are just outsmarting ourselves. anyhow, because of all of this lee evans won't get many looks

Where has Lee Evans been for the second half of the season? Is he even trying anymore?

Becuase lee evans isnt as good as all the fans are making him out to be.

Simple - The OL can't pass protect - The OC has no confidence in his QB's.