Bills coaches show incompetence---trust Losman to sense blitz

Big Turk

Losman, the QB who might have the WORST pocket presence in the NFL, was trusted to sense the blitz coming and dump the ball to the FB or to throw it away if he wasn't open, according to Schonert. "He's got to see the blitz, and when the fullback gets stuffed immediately he's got to either protect it or just throw it away," Schonert said.

So what does Losman do?

1) Not sense the blitz

2) Not throw to the FB who never got into the pattern

3) Not throw the ball away

4) Not protect the ball

I mean, really? The coaching staff puts Losman in a position where he is required to do his worst thing(recognize blitzes) at the most critical time of the game? I mean are you kidding me...you are supposed to play to your players strengths and not play to their weaknesses. The coaches are ridiculous. They know Losman is horrible at recognizing blitzes and prone to sack/fumbles from the blind side(he already had one earlier in the game the Bills recovered), yet they put him and the team in a situation where he has a higher percentage to fail. Run a bootleg on the play, run the ball, but don't have Losman rollout and stand there with a deer in the headlights look waiting for a receiver to get open, hoping he senses a blitz from his blindside.

Coaching blunders have cost this team AT LEAST 2 games, and probably 3 this year. At some point you have to realize that some people just aren't very good at making quick decisions correctly, and when that is your head coach/offensive coordinator, who although he was told to pass the ball did not have to call that pass play...

I know the players still need to execute the play properly, but at the same time, they need to be given a play that is going to play to their players strengths and have a high percentage of succeeding.

Not to mention that the target was the fullback, who has caught 2 passes ALL YEAR for a total of -1 yards. What were they expecting to happen here? What if he caught the ball.....he would likely lose yards. But he failed to get free.

I contend that there was no logical reason whatsoever to call the play. None. That call cost them a hard-earned victory, and a shot at the playoffs. It was the worst call I've ever seen. I cannot believe the Bills found a way to lose that game.

Not to mention that the target was the fullback, who has caught 2 passes ALL YEAR for a total of -1 yards. What were they expecting to happen here? What if he caught the ball.....he would likely lose yards. But he failed to get free.

I contend that there was no logical reason whatsoever to call the play. None. That call cost them a hard-earned victory, and a shot at the playoffs. It was the worst call I've ever seen. I cannot believe the Bills found a way to lose that game.

They have run similar play with Edwards where he rolls out and hits Schouman dragging across the formation for big first downs late in the game, but he is a TE and has been wide open every time they have called it. Why change it to a FB. As for me, the worst calls I have seen wan't that one, but another set of calls made this year, namely to run the ball 3 times when they got to the 30 yard line against Cleveland with tons of time on the clock...

If I was a player I would have flipped out in that locker room today...they bust their butts all week and play a pretty good game, especially the defense, who held the Jets to 0 first downs in the 4th quarter, but amazingly, still managed to score 10 points with 0 first downs. Only against the Bills...

They have run similar play with Edwards where he rolls out and hits Schouman dragging across the formation for big first downs late in the game, but he is a TE and has been wide open every time they have called it. Why change it to a FB. As for me, the worst calls I have seen wan't that one, but another set of calls made this year, namely to run the ball 3 times when they got to the 30 yard line against Cleveland with tons of time on the clock...

If I was a player I would have flipped out in that locker room today...they bust their butts all week and play a pretty good game, especially the defense, who held the Jets to 0 first downs in the 4th quarter, but amazingly, still managed to score 10 points with 0 first downs. Only against the Bills...

I have to disagree. This play call was WAY dumber than the Cleveland game even. The Beast was killin' the Jets all day. He had just run for 17 yards in the last 4 carries. The Jets were burning their timeouts. JP had played a very good game. The team had played so hard to get back into it and be in position to win. Play calling had kept him from hurting us too much.

Dick obviously has the talent to take a team with decent talent ready to play hard. But he makes THE DUMBEST game time decisions when it looks like even the dumbest of all football coaches couldn't possibly screw it up.

Before the fateful play, I'm thinking that finally Dick had gotten it. We had run 4 times in a row for 17 yards and had 2nd 5. Surely he's gonna run twice. After one if he doesn't have the first down at the 2:00 warning, he runs again after ML has had a blow and we get the 1st down and the Jets call their last time out if they even have one left. Then, the victory formation. What a sweet win! Even if we don't get the first we punt and they get it 60 yards away with thirty seconds or so left.

But no, Dick's too smart for that. What an idiot.

So, what new way will they find next week to lose to Denver?

:thumbsup:

Up 16-14 in the fourth Qtr.(10 seconds left), it's 4th and 3 form our 29 yard line. We line up to punt, and try a fake with moorman. It inevitably gets stuffed, and Denver lines up with 2 seconds left and kicks the game winning feild goal. Book it!

Up 16-14 in the fourth Qtr.(10 seconds left), it's 4th and 3 form our 29 yard line. We line up to punt, and try a fake with moorman. It inevitably gets stuffed, and Denver lines up with 2 seconds left and kicks the game winning feild goal. Book it!

or how about the ALL SHOTGUN offense next week?? that way we can get rid of those pesky "running" plays... Lynch has almost been getting a normal amount of carries the last couple weeks.. gotta get him down to the 7-13 carries that Jauron is more comfortable with. i mean, u dont wanna overwork your best offensive player... or use him at all for that matter, that might cause u to screw up and win some games.... and thats not for this team and little dickie

Swap the "fake" for a snap over the head of Moorman, and you have yourself a plausable scenario.