Josh Reed post game

bradjames24

Yeah, dude I get your f'ing point. The guy made a call to win the game. You can't call a game assuming your QB is going to get sacked, fumble, and allow the defense to score.

To win the game? In all your defense of that call, you have yet to claim that play, even if executed correctly, would have won the game. You're drunk now, huh? <_<

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd certainly rather hear that argument instead of ANY that claim DJ's not the real problem, or that He's not a bad Coach, or blah, blah, blah...

This Game proved beyond a shadow of a doubt what most Bills Fans have been saying all along...The Bills have the talent to Win...They may not be the most talented NFL Team...But they have the talent to Win...Their HC is a PROVEN LOSER!!! Losers make the wrong Calls at the wrong times...Losers find a way to lose...Dead Dick is a loser...Period...End of story... <_<

It's almost like he game plans these things. Has there ever been a Bills coach with more gut wrenching losses in his tenure? (Well outside those 4 Super Bowls-but you get my drift!).

Okay, so I trust that neither of you have made or will ever again make the "Jauron coaches not to lose" argument.

Um, no.

First of all, it wasn't a "keep the drive alive or kick to them" situation. It was 2nd and 5. Had it been a crucial 3rd down or something, you may have an argument. But, there was absolutely no way you pass the ball there. 2nd down? Are you serious?

Um, no.

First of all, it wasn't a "keep the drive alive or kick to them" situation. It was 2nd and 5. Had it been a crucial 3rd down or something, you may have an argument. But, there was absolutely no way you pass the ball there. 2nd down? Are you serious?

Wrong. Getting the first down right then and there leaves the Jets with only 2 TO's inside two minutes. Passing the ball then and there to get that first down- if it's a pass and catch -runs the clock PAST two minutes.

That's the kind of boot to the throat Bills fans have been wailing about while they spout this nonsense about playing-not-to-lose!

Yeah, dude I get your f'ing point. The guy made a call to win the game. You can't call a game assuming your QB is going to get sacked, fumble, and allow the defense to score.

You call a play and assume that your left tackle can actually block. :devil:

Run the !@#$ing ball. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Wrong. Getting the first down right then and there leaves the Jets with only 2 TO's inside two minutes. Passing the ball then and there to get that first down- if it's a pass and catch -runs the clock PAST two minutes.

That's the kind of boot to the throat Bills fans have been wailing about while they spout this nonsense about playing-not-to-lose!

If it is incomplete, there is, likely, still over 2 minutes, and you haven't gained an inch toward the 1st down.

Please, this was a horrible call. Dunno how you guys still defend it.

My biggest problem with Jauron has been and continues to be his lack of situational awareness. There are times when a roll out is good, times when it's bad. Times when throwing from the shotgun are good, times when its bad. Time's when you should run from the I, times when you should PA from the I. Jauron seems to have no clue as to when those situations are. Now, maybe that's all on the OC. But, the offense for the better part of 3 years under Jauron has absolutely no identity. They have big bruising linemen than they try and stunt with. They have a bruising back that they take out of the game inside the 10yard line. They have zero idea how to run an effective WR screen. It's just horrendously pathetic watching this offense fall all over itself with no direction.

Honestly, when was the last time our offense looked in sync for more than 1 or 2 drives in a game? Its a level of ineptitude that's almost beyond comprehension.

See also: the Bills' implementation of the wildcat.

Actually, your logic makes no sense, but its ironic because even if you play out your scenario that doesn't make sense, its still not a good decision. Here's why.

You're assuming before the play starts that you will complete the pass and get the first down. Ok, I'll assume you're correct. So, we complete the pass, its the start of the inside of the 2 min warning. We are at 1st and 10, Jets have 2 timeouts.

In my scenario, I'm going to assume that we would have gotten a total of 5 yards on 2 downs of rushing. I don't think you can make an argument that we wouldn't have gained a total of 5 yards on 2nd down and then 3rd down. So, we run the ball instead of the bootleg. Lets say we don't get the first down, but we are a few yards closer. Its now the 2 min warning, 3rd and short for Buffalo, Jets 2 timeouts.

We run on the ball on short yardage and get the first down. If you're going to assume we pass for the first down I'm going to assume we can run a few yards for it. The Jets would take a time out, and it'd be 1st and 10 with the Jets only having 1 timeout instead of your scenario where they'd have 2.

This is a messed up logic, because you are forcing me to make an argument based on assumption (because that's what your entire philosophy is also based on). But, even if we do that, you're still wrong.

No joke. Talk about a piss poor effort to do something. Thank god they stopped that.

The way they ran it, it was like Wilson read about it in the paper and called Jauron and asked if they could do something like that.

If it is incomplete, there is, likely, still over 2 minutes, and you haven't gained an inch toward the 1st down.

Please, this was a horrible call. Dunno how you guys still defend it.

JP went down at 2:02. Based on that, it's unlikely that the pass would be ruled incomplete by 2:01, eliminating the granted stoppage of time.

I defend it, because if Peters doesn't wiff, and if JP doesn't totally shiit himself, the receiver would have been wide open 5+ yards down field. If the play is made, we're all talking about what guts Jauron showed, for once.

The way they ran it, it was like Wilson read about it in the paper and called Jauron and asked if they could do something like that.

Exactly. And Jauron says, "well what do we do?"

Wilson: "You hike the ball to the RB and he runs or something."

Jauron: "The RB, runs? Brilliant!"

Wilson: "Brilliant! Let's let the RB do something."

Jauron, to Turk: "Hike the ball to Jackson and let him so something."

Turk: "The RB gets the ball? Brilliant!"

Jauron: "Brilliant!"

Turk after the play: "hmmm... we have to work on that execution. I thought Jackson was supposed to do something."

Jauron: "yeah, next time let's do something. But ya know its tough do something because all these guys are really good."

JP went down at 2:02. Based on that, it's unlikely that the pass would be ruled incomplete by 2:01, eliminating the granted stoppage of time.

I defend it, because if Peters doesn't wiff, and if JP doesn't totally shiit himself, the receiver would have been wide open 5+ yards down field. If the play is made, we're all talking about what guts Jauron showed, for once.

Um, Schonert already told the media that the receiver was stuffed by the defense, so your clever rebuttal is moot.

PLEASE TRY AGAIN

Um, Schonert already told the media that the receiver was stuffed by the defense, so your clever rebuttal is moot.

PLEASE TRY AGAIN

No, he told the media that the FB was stuffed on the play.

If he wasn't, even with Peters' whiff, he might still have been available as the outlet guy.

If Peters HADN'T whiffed- DESPITE the fact that McIntire got "stuffed"- Evans was wide open coming across the field, and behind him was an even more open Derek Fine.

The FB wasn't THE receiver on the play.

A Parent gives a 10yer old a loaded hand gun. The kids shoots himself in the foot. Do you blame the kid for being too dumb to not know any better thant to shoot himself? Or do you blame the parent for giving the kid the gun?

It's the parent's job to know what's best for the kid. Just like it's the HCs job to know what gives his players the best chance to win.

problem is we have a coach that is used to going to a gun fight with a knife

no only did he possibily f**K up JPs career but his own coaching career as well

If he wasn't, even with Peters' whiff, he might still have been available as the outlet guy.

If Peters HADN'T whiffed- DESPITE the fact that McIntire got "stuffed"- Evans was wide open coming across the field, and behind him was an even more open Derek Fine.

:wallbash: Yes, and based on JP's stellar check-downs all day,.....oh !@#$ it, I give up. :devil:

The play, with the fumble, recovery, fumble, recovery took far longer than an incomplete pass, on the intended dump off pass to the FB, would have taken.

Assuming the Bills don't get the first down, either way:

If you run, the clock goes down to 2 minutes, and then it is of little use to the Jets. They either use their time outs, or their offense doesn't see the ball with more than 1 minute on the clock.

By throwing, an incomplete pass at 2:01 changes the entire dynamic. They get the free stoppage after 3rd down. And have their two time outs and 1:50. or something, on the clock.

Even if the plays do not work, a failed running play gets you better results than an incomplete pass with less than 2 minutes...which was a distinct possibility. Why take the chance? What's the payoff?

Who do you think the play was designed to go to?