JP

nuklz2594

Perhaps, but as has been noted the West Coast offense isn't exactly suited to JP.

The ideal place for him, is Denver, backing up Cutler. Shanny would be the perfect coach for him, and he plays in the same style as Jay.

I agree but wonder if JP is going to go anywhere that does not give him an automatic shot at a #1 job.

Yeah, Losman's just going to majestically fade off into the sunset like David Carr, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, blah, blah, blah.....Any team that gives him a No. 2 job would be nuts.

You do understand that Leftwich plays for the Steelers, right? He has played in four games and has thrown for 2 TDs and o INTs, this year.

An excellent observation, Dean... though also an exercise in missing the point. :unsure:

Here's the quote I responded to. You tell me the point I missed:

Yeah, Losman's just going to majestically fade off into the sunset like David Carr, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, blah, blah, blah.....Any team that gives him a No. 2 job would be nuts.

Here's the quote I responded to. You tell me the point I missed:

He was seeking names of young QBs who have been cut and have not become stars elsewhere. He was wrong to include Leftwich (sort of), but the other names are quite apropos. I praised you for catching the Byron mistake, but two out of three of those names are young men whose NFL stock has plummeted, and with whom JP is often compared. That was the point I took from his post, and why I decided to gently rib my fellow Niagaran for choosing to respond to a minor detail rather than the larger point. No harm in that, I hope.

I happen to believe that JP will end up more like them than like Byron L (who himself may soon end up more like the others in the post), but that is just my opinion.

He was seeking names of young QBs who have been cut and have not become stars elsewhere. He was wrong to include Leftwich (sort of), but the other names are quite apropos. I praised you for catching the Byron mistake, but two out of three of those names are young men whose NFL stock has plummeted, and with whom JP is often compared. That was the point I took from his post, and why I decided to gently rib my fellow Niagaran for choosing to respond to a minor detail rather than the larger point. No harm in that, I hope.

I happen to believe that JP will end up more like them than like Byron L (who himself may soon end up more like the others in the post), but that is just my opinion.

I think the simple-minded RockPile007 didn't think his post through, very well. He tied his conclusion, "Any team that gives him a No. 2 job would be nuts" to the fates of those three QBs. He didn't say (as you suggested) simply that JP would not become a star.

I guess he didn't realize Harrington didn't simply leave Detroit and disappear. He started games for Atlanta and Miami after leaving Detroit. Obviously, he ignored the fact that Byron Leftwich is the #2 QB on a very successful team. Even David Carr saw some playing time after leaving Houston, with the Panthers and Giants (where he is still on the roster).

I think that RockPile007 doesn't know what he is talking about, and is simply a knee-jerk hater, who didn't know that the three QB's he thought were bums (like Losman) HAVE been given other chances in the NFL.

As Beerball notes, there is about Zero chance that JP doesn't end up on an NFL roster, and see playing time, in the future.

I agree but wonder if JP is going to go anywhere that does not give him an automatic shot at a #1 job.

If he wants to be on a roster next year he's not going to be that picky.

I've been disappointed by Losman's play this year; I was a fan, but he seems to have lost his strengths and not improved his weaknesses in his time on the bench. If he wants to have a career at this point he needs to do some rehabilitation work. He should be looking for a team that can do well mentoring QBs, IMO.

At any rate, the state of QBing in the league is weak enough that Losman will definitely be able to get a backup job; I don't see him getting more than that unless it's a chance to compete for a starting position with a desperate team (it would be a mistake for him to do that though).

I think the simple-minded RockPile007 didn't think his post through, very well. He tied his conclusion, "Any team that gives him a No. 2 job would be nuts" to the fates of those three QBs. He didn't say (as you suggested) simply that JP would not become a star.

I guess he didn't realize Harrington didn't simply leave Detroit and disappear. He started games for Atlanta and Miami after leaving Detroit. Obviously, he ignored the fact that Byron Leftwich is the #2 QB on a very successful team. Even David Carr saw some playing time after leaving Houston, with the Panthers and Giants (where he is still on the roster).

I think that RockPile007 doesn't know what he is talking about, and is simply a knee-jerk hater, who didn't know that the three QB's he thought were bums (like Losman) HAVE been given other chances in the NFL.

As Beerball notes, there is about Zero chance that JP doesn't end up on an NFL roster, and see playing time, in the future.

I suppose it is my fault for wanting to see logic in the posts I read, even from the Rockpile 007's of the world. :unsure:

Much of the JP conversation seems to me to be at cross-purposes. I think it is quite likely that someone will sign JP, which does indeed create the possibility that he will play again (even Todd Collins did, after all, though he went a few years between meaningful snaps, if I remember correctly). Just as David Carr and Joey Harrington and Byron Lefetwich have been able to find work, JP will likely find work too. That does not mean, however, that it is just as likely that JP will be viewed by anyone as a future star, or that anyone will sign him to be a starter. I consider that to be much less likely, considering that JP did not have a very strong following among NFL analysts even when he was a starter.

In less complicated terms, I will say that it is much more likely that JP will be another Todd Collins (find a job, be a backup, maybe play a bit here and there) than another Daryle Lamonica (who was recognized as a potential star when he was with Buffalo, and showed it when he went to Oakland).

I dont belive JP is as bad as many wnat to pint him to be. JP has been incositne as of late Ill agree to that but so has his starting. JP showed me in 2006 that he has the ability to be a good starting QB for a team that knows how to use his offensive style and abilities. There have been plant y of QBs inthe history of the NFL that were shown by the team they were on to be inept and best at the third QB position but for some of those QBS 2 or three teams later they were a great player for the team they were on. OUR fan base is totally biased because we compare every QB to Jim Kelly and thats wrong for us to do. I honestly feel and flame me all you want JP is going to be the QB in a couple of years that we are going to be saying MAN why did we let him go???? Hes better than RJ, his arm is equivelant to Drew Bledsoe and his stlye is comparable to Bret Farve. The right offensive system might not make him Bret Farve but he would definatley be a top 10 QB.

I know you hate stats and not to turn this into an edwards vs Jp thread but I just wanted to pint out the JP on a Weaker team than the Edwards driven one in his full season campaign was :

#11 rated passer in the NFL

#13 in Passing YDs

#9 in Completion percentage

Tied for 11th in TDS thrown

#21 in ints

# 15 in Completions- I would like to add that the top 10 had over 100 attemps more

# 18 in attempts- I would like to add the top 10 had 100 attempts more

he aslo had 2 4th qtr comebacks

He was Healthy For the Whole season

His passing effencies has improved yes he takes too many sacks as most gunslingers tend to do becuase the are looking for the big play. My personal preferenc is JP over Edwards but Like a true Bills fan I support whomeever the coaches put in the game. BEcause no matter which one of these QBS are in their the team is soo bad the results are the same. :unsure:

So to answere your question his chances hes played his last game is 10%

Yeah, but have you SEEN him play? It's atrocius. he's totally feast or famine. I cannot remember how many games he's gone into with 40 yards or less at the half....He has all the physical tools, but still doesn't process game info quick enough... For this reason, I think he'll be a backup some where.

I suppose it is my fault for wanting to see logic in the posts I read, even from the Rockpile 007's of the world. :unsure:

Much of the JP conversation seems to me to be at cross-purposes. I think it is quite likely that someone will sign JP, which does indeed create the possibility that he will play again (even Todd Collins did, after all, though he went a few years between meaningful snaps, if I remember correctly). Just as David Carr and Joey Harrington and Byron Lefetwich have been able to find work, JP will likely find work too. That does not mean, however, that it is just as likely that JP will be viewed by anyone as a future star, or that anyone will sign him to be a starter. I consider that to be much less likely, considering that JP did not have a very strong following among NFL analysts even when he was a starter.

In less complicated terms, I will say that it is much more likely that JP will be another Todd Collins (find a job, be a backup, maybe play a bit here and there) than another Daryle Lamonica (who was recognized as a potential star when he was with Buffalo, and showed it when he went to Oakland).

Oh, I agree. I think that's true of just about any #2 QB leaving a team in FA. There are a few exceptions, but as a rule, it is much more likely the QB won't become a star elsewhere.

I think there is a decent chance, IF he ends up in the right situation, JP might become a decent NFL player (starter or backup). But "decent chance" in this situation, is far less than 50%.

He will get a fresh start somewhere. If he decides to go to a poor (and poorly coached) team, he is very likely to continue to fail. If he gets the chance to go to a place like Denver, he would be stupid to pass it up, as that is he best chance for eventual success, in this league, IMO.

He will get at least one more shot, maybe more. He is young and has as many physical tools as anyone in the league. Some head strong coach/gm will take him in thinking they can break through the mental barriers that Bills coaches have never been able too. Besides, Rob Johnson got 4 or 5 more chances, even a Superbowl ring with Tampa, and their careers are eerily similar.