Cleveland on MNF?

Cereal

Can someone explain to me why Cleveland gets to play THREE MNF games this year, plus one Sunday nighter and one Thursday nighter? Ridiculous.

There are only 17 MNF games a year I think, so any team should average about 1 game per year.

Bonus question.... think we'll get one next year?

But several projected top teams only got one, including NE*, NYJ, Indy, SD, NYG, Dallas, Philly, Wash.

Minn., Denver, Pittsburgh, NO, and Green Bay were the only ones with more than one (GB also got 3)

How do they determine their lineup of primetime games?

But several projected top teams only got one, including NE*, NYJ, Indy, SD, NYG, Dallas, Philly, Wash.

Minn., Denver, Pittsburgh, NO, and Green Bay were the only ones with more than one (GB also got 3)

How do they determine their lineup of primetime games?

Since Jaws grew up in Cleveland he lobbied long and hard to get them as many games on MNF as possible. Apparently he carries a lot of weight.

Since Jaws grew up in Cleveland he lobbied long and hard to get them as many games on MNF as possible. Apparently he carries a lot of weight.

Jaws grew up in Cleveland?!? Lackawanna gots' some 'splainin' to do.

And since NBC took over the SNF games, they're now considered the premier showcase, with ESPN's Monday-nighters playing second fiddle. Look at this week: Madden and Michaels get Giants-Cowboys, while ESPN is stuck with Cleveland-Philly (and no way to flex to another game).

Jaws grew up in Cleveland?!? Lackawanna gots' some 'splainin' to do.

And since NBC took over the SNF games, they're now considered the premier showcase, with ESPN's Monday-nighters playing second fiddle.

:wallbash: look it up :wallbash:

second fiddle's still better than 3rd bassoon. nobody knows who's 3rd bassoon.

They had a 10-6 season last year and made strong signing in the FA Market, basically they had a sexy off season. And these TV stations took a gamble on them and it failed.......

I wonder if Buffalo will ever get a MNF game again? I watch these other teams on MNF and their crowd is rather boring.

They had a 10-6 season last year and made strong signing in the FA Market, basically they had a sexy off season. And these TV stations took a gamble on them and it failed.......

I wonder if Buffalo will ever get a MNF game again? I watch these other teams on MNF and their crowd is rather boring.

Based on the crowd/atmosphere and the fact that we always allow for a thrilling, last second, come back win for the opposing team; I think there's a good chance Buffalo gets another MNF game.

But some of those teams get plenty of exposure, week after week. I keep track of what's shown here in Cincinnati - I'm pretty sure other cities similar.

Here in Cincy so far, we have been treated to

10 PGH games

10 DAL games

7 WAS games

9 PHI games

5 NYG games.

True, the AFC North and NFC East squared off this season, but for years, Fox or its' local affiliate, have fed a heavy dose of NFC East ball. Also GB - for several years, 10+ games was the norm.

Totals through this coming Monday:

AFC North - 35 games

The rest of the AFC - 26 games

NFC East - 31 games

The rest of the NFC - 32 games

The game counts are per team - e.g. if DAL vs. WAS is shown, that counts as 2 NFC East games...1 game for DAL, 1 game for WAS. I don't have NFL Network, so I don't track those games.

NE* has indeed waned - amazingly - only 3 games so far. NYJ chimes in with 4 games.

So far, 1 Bills game. :wallbash: And STL, MIA, KC are still no-shows.

Can someone explain to me why Cleveland gets to play THREE MNF games this year, plus one Sunday nighter and one Thursday nighter? Ridiculous.

There are only 17 MNF games a year I think, so any team should average about 1 game per year.

Bonus question.... think we'll get one next year?

THIS COULD HAVE BEEN US NEXT YEAR AFTER OUR 5-1 START. TOO BAD WE SH*T THE BED AND ARE A SUB .500 SQUAD. WE WILL BE LUCKY TO GET ONE PRIMETIME GAME NEXT YEAR.