I'm so tired of Bledsoe

Adam

Now it isn't the fans making excuses anymore,......HE'S DOING IT HIMSELF!!!!!

I don't want to here him blame his int's on tipped balls, or getting hit too much, or the blocking, or power running game. The game has passed him by, and its time to retire

Now it isn't the fans making excuses anymore,......HE'S DOING IT HIMSELF!!!!!

I don't want to here him blame his int's on tipped balls, or getting hit too much, or the blocking, or power running game. The game has passed him by, and its time to retire

88628[/snapback]

I heard that interview, and for the first time I felt sorry for the guy. He sounded like a little kid making excuses. I also loved when he came out and said I'm doing the best I can for what I have to work with.

Not that he has a great team, but most QB's w/ a 2 time 1400 yard rusher, a stud like Moulds at WR are decent QB's. San Diego has a terrible O-Line, stud RB, and average WR's. Drew Brees looks OK this year, doesn't he?

Au contraire.  Drew has time and again refused to blame others for the failings of the offense, even when the majority of the problems weren't his fault.  Maybe now that he's pointing fingers, the others will respond?  I mean, isn't that what Kelly, Thomas, Reed, and other would do back in the day?

88637[/snapback]

We didn't become winners until Kelly stopped pointing fingers...

As far as Drew, he didn't sound like he was pointing fingers in order to wake his teammates up. He sounded like he was defending himself for being a bad QB.

Let's face it, the national media is calling him out now, he knows the end is near. In the last couple days, Tom Jackson, Lenny P and Jim Rome have all said he was done or close. That has to be sobering, considering it's not just Sully now.

We didn't become winners until Kelly stopped pointing fingers...

88645[/snapback]

That's not entirely true - it was around during the SB years.

Where "MadBuff" is mistaken is that Kelly could afford to do that because he could play. Drew Deadsoe cannot play, and thus, is not entitled to point fingers.

That's a big difference.

I have one little problem with this Bledstink quote..."YEA, we have to play better"...Whats this WE stevestojan!!!.....that !@#$ lost the game single handed!

I listened just now and I'm wonder what did he say that was not true.

6 games and no rushing TDs. Thats unimaginable. Thunder and lighting have turned to rain and drizzel.

Plus, how many crucial plays have been blown up by blocking mistakes.

Last week he seemed to get frustrated and tried to take matters into his own hands. It didn't work. Otherwise, he has been trying to play within the system.

Hey everyone is calling for his head. He pointed out somethings to defend himself. he didn't sound distraught or like he was complaining, just explaining.

Some people here think the honorable thing for him to do would be to retire. To me that would be quitting. Drew is not the player he once was but stop making him into the villian.

he didn't trade for himself.

I listened just now and I'm wonder what did he say that was not true.

6 games and no rushing TDs.  Thats unimaginable.  Thunder and lighting have turned to rain and drizzel. 

Plus, how many crucial plays have been blown up by blocking mistakes. 

Last week he seemed to get frustrated and tried to take matters into his own hands. It didn't work.  Otherwise, he has been trying to play within the system. 

Hey everyone is  calling for his head.  He pointed out somethings to defend himself.  he didn't sound distraught or like he was complaining, just explaining. 

Some people here think the honorable thing for him to do would be to retire. To me that would be quitting.  Drew is not the player he once was but stop making him into the villian.   

he didn't trade for himself.

88764[/snapback]

You make some excellent points. One thing I disagree wth though, Drew does seem a little more defensive than he normally allows himself to be publicly. To a point, he has broken out of the cliche mode this week. Listen to his post game comments from Sunday, and he sounds damn near suicidal. Nothing wrong with this IMO. Drew deserves plenty of criticism, but as he has said, he is the Bills QB, until Mularkey (or TD, or RW) tells him he is not. Maybe this "new" stance will help. Saying all the right things, and being classy through and through has gotten him nowhere so far. The most vocal fans still despise him (to them, anything he does is wrong, the only right move he could make, they would argue, is to off himself), so why not try something different to shake things up. It can't hurt...

Where "MadBuff" is mistaken is that Kelly could afford to do that because he could play.  Drew Deadsoe cannot play, and thus, is not entitled to point fingers.

That's a big difference.

88724[/snapback]

That's not the only difference, per se. Take a look at the players around Kelly. Except for arguably Moulds, NO ONE is a better player at his position by a longshot than what Kelly had around him. I'd dare say that outside of Moulds and maybe Henry/McGahee, NONE of the other players on offense would have even seen much time as backup players compared to those teams. And yes I do think that the "bickering" helped make the team better, because it pointed-out those players who weren't carrying their weight. In Bledsoe's instance, it's not internal "bickering" since he hears and reads everyday how much he sucks. And these problems have been around long before Bledsoe arrived. Like I've said, when the players as a whole around Bledsoe stop making 10x the mistakes Bledsoe has, I'll say he's the only problem with the offense. However I'm ready to cut him loose, if only just to not have to hear how all the problems are his fault and him being made the convenient scapegoat. Again, ZERO rushing TD's in 6 games this year, no rushing TD's for the last 7 games LAST year, tell a whole lot. I just hope that Bledsoe's and Moulds' words are in-time enough for the Bills to finish the season respectably.

Where "MadBuff" is mistaken is that Kelly could afford to do that because he could play.  Drew Deadsoe cannot play, and thus, is not entitled to point fingers.

That's a big difference.

88724[/snapback]

I think this is a valid point...

I was trying to remember if there was ever a time in Jimbo's entire career when we entered a Game and I questioned his ability to rise to the occasion...I tried to remember one instance, I came up blank...I think his teammates felt the same way most of the time...

Now JK laid an egg or two (or 3 or 4 <_< ) in his time, but more often than not he made the plays necessary to pull out a Win...Kelly backed up the cockiness, and God knows he was quite a bit more cocky, and could be a lot more surly that DB...

If Drew has not already lost most this Team (I believe that's old news unfortunately), comments like the recent one's are going to turn the Players remaining in his corner against him pretty quick...He may not be all of the problem, but I think it's crystal clear to the Players he is part of the problem. And not taking his fair share of the blame, combined with the inability to perform better than his teammates, is a Locker Room Death Sentence for Bledsoe IMO...

We'll see I guess...

He may not be all of the problem, but I think it's crystal clear to the Players he is part of the problem.

88845[/snapback]

I think it's crystal clear to the players that he is a HUGE part of the problem, and that they will be celebrating behind closed doors as much as, if not more than, Bills Nation will on the day that Drew leaves town.

GO JP!!!

That's not the only difference, per se.  Take a look at the players around Kelly.  Except for arguably Moulds, NO ONE is a better player at his position by a longshot than what Kelly had around him.  I'd dare say that outside of Moulds and maybe Henry/McGahee, NONE of the other players on offense would have even seen much time as backup players compared to those teams.  And yes I do think that the "bickering" helped make the team better, because it pointed-out those players who weren't carrying their weight.  In Bledsoe's instance, it's not internal "bickering" since he hears and reads everyday how much he sucks.  And these problems have been around long before Bledsoe arrived.  Like I've said, when the players as a whole around Bledsoe stop making 10x the mistakes Bledsoe has, I'll say he's the only problem with the offense.  However I'm ready to cut him loose, if only just to not have to hear how all the problems are his fault and him being made the convenient scapegoat.  Again, ZERO rushing TD's in 6 games this year, no rushing TD's for the last 7 games LAST year, tell a whole lot.  I just hope that Bledsoe's and Moulds' words are in-time enough for the Bills to finish the season respectably.

88798[/snapback]

I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

You start by saying this team has no talent, and you end by saying Bledsoe's words are going to motivate everyone to play better. If they're as bad as you say (which they might be), maybe they're not capable of playing any better?

Obviously, the team is not as talented as it was in 1991. But what about 95 - Our last division title? Thurman was decent but not dominant, Lofton was retired, Reed was injured the entire year, the go-to WR was Billy Brooks, and the OL was rebuilding & being anchored by a rookie named Rueben Brown. Like the current team, that was a defensive oriented team. Unlike the current team, the QB was able to raise the level of play of the guys around him to SCORE enough points to win more often than not. Not necessarily 31 pts, but at least a respectable 17-20 more often than not - and Kelly wasn't even in the prime of his career at that point. How many 13-10 games do we have to lose until you realize Deadsoe is not capable of doing that?

Please, anything but the tired "Drew is not the only problem" straw-man argument - I'm sick of it almost as much as I'm sick of Drew.