Just watched American History X for the first time

Norton is a first rate actor. As for the personal stuff, I know nothing about him that would classify him as an ass, but I don't really know much about him, personally. Care to share, Hazed?

Norton is a first rate actor. As for the personal stuff, I know nothing about him that would classify him as an ass, but I don't really know much about him, personally. Care to share, Hazed?

Well he broke off engagements to Courtney Love :( and Salma Hayek :) . The former was a good move, but I don't know if he can be forgiven for the latter.

Well he broke off engagements to Courtney Love :( and Salma Hayek :) . The former was a good move, but I don't know if he can be forgiven for the latter.

:D Just because some one is beautiful, doesn't mean you want to marry them. I'm just sayin. What's the saying? No matter how gorgeous a woman is, chances are, some guy is tired of her s#it.

Really? I've heard otherwise, that he's a social activist.

Being a "social activist" precludes one from being an a--hole? :)

Norton is a great actor; in particular the first half of AHX was a spellbinding performance. And was more worthy of an Oscar than that goofy Benigni guy.

Well, I guess I shouldn't just come out and say that someone I don't know personally is an ass. My bad. I just read in a few places that he is a prude about his work. One story in particular involves this movie, scroll down.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/1999/mar...awardsandprizes

I've heard other things before but to be honest I can't recall specific stories, only that he came off like an ass. To be honest I don't care if he's an ass or not I was just being a d!ck. Whatever though he's a pretty amazing actor whether or not he is an ass.

Well, I guess I shouldn't just come out and say that someone I don't know personally is an ass. My bad. I just read in a few places that he is a prude about his work. One story in particular involves this movie, scroll down.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/1999/mar...awardsandprizes

I've heard other things before but to be honest I can't recall specific stories, only that he came off like an ass. To be honest I don't care if he's an ass or not I was just being a d!ck. Whatever though he's a pretty amazing actor whether or not he is an ass.

Gotcha. He may be. I just thought there might be some well known incidents that I was unfamiliar with.

You were just being a dick? that's OK by me. I'm a dick sometime, for no good reason, too. :)

Well he broke off engagements to Courtney Love :D and Salma Hayek :) . The former was a good move, but I don't know if he can be forgiven for the latter.

Ya gotta dump CL before she kills ya. Just ask Kurt. :)

As for Salma you nail her enough so that it becomes public knowledge and then what more do you need?

:lol: Just because some one is beautiful, doesn't mean you want to marry them. I'm just sayin. What's the saying? No matter how gorgeous a woman is, chances are, some guy is tired of her s#it.

:lol:

Remember, extremely beautiful women have personalities too.

Gotcha. He may be. I just thought there might be some well known incidents that I was unfamiliar with.

You were just being a dick? that's OK by me. I'm a dick sometime, for no good reason, too. :lol:

:(

Being a "social activist" precludes one from being an a--hole? :)

Norton is a great actor; in particular the first half of AHX was a spellbinding performance. And was more worthy of an Oscar than that goofy Benigni guy.

This might be the first time in recorded history that a Bills fan has used this word...

OMFG, to this DAY, when Norton yells "NOW SAY GOODNIGHT!" and smashes that gang-banger's head on the curb...I STILL cant watch it. One of the most violent, gruesome scenes in a movie, period. And the dinner scene with Eliot Gould is just gripping.

Other than that, great film. So well done and so well-acted all around. Norton was amazing...and so was pretty much every other actor in it.

OMFG, to this DAY, when Norton yells "NOW SAY GOODNIGHT!" and smashes that gang-banger's head on the curb...I STILL cant watch it. One of the most violent, gruesome scenes in a movie, period. And the dinner scene with Eliot Gould is just gripping.

Other than that, great film. So well done and so well-acted all around. Norton was amazing...and so was pretty much every other actor in it.

I know what you mean...they don't do a close-up on the guy's head, so it isn't exactly gruesome, but it's one of the more haunting scenes I've witnessed.