Simply amazing

IndyJay1234

I have stayed away for a while because I cannot stand the thinking. To think that the Bills are one player away. When JP gets healthy we will be ok. It is all Drew...

We are in the state were are in because we are several players away. Teams do not play like we do that are 1 player away. This is a team game.

The Bills lack a good to great QB.

The Bills lack a second WR threat. Lee Evans could be that guy. We all hope he is that guy but today he is not that guy.

The Bills lack a TE.

The Bills lack a great RB. Travis is nice, Willis is still improving but zero rushing TD's and a inability to gain short yardage does not win my heart over.

The Bills lack a quality Offensive line.

On D.

We lack a decent Safety.

We lack a second pash rushing DE.

Coaching.

We are dealing with a young staff.

It goes back to a number of things. 1) An overall lack of talent. This board highly over-rates our players. 2) The draft. Modrak has run the draft for this organization and has done a horific job. He did not want to draft McNabb in Philly. We are now banking on his ability to find a QB with Losman. I hope he was right this time.

It is going to be a long road back.

go bills..

The Pats lacked one player the year they won the Super Bowl '01 season. After two games they were 0-2 and in comes a sixth round draft pick QB and leads them to the Super Bowl. I live in Boston and half were saying Bledsoe needs to go and the other half were saying give him an Oline, another receiver etc... Getting rid of Drew with an average QB who doesn't make spectacular plays, but doesn't hurt himself will help immensely. The switch of just one player on their team made the biggest difference.

I agree that is more than just one player, but I think you are wrong about all of the players we need.

This IS one of the main problems. This need has been addressed in the draft, and will hopefully work out. Of course no one knows what will happen until it does, but the effort has been made to bring Buffalo a QB to lead the team. Not much else can be, or needs to be done at present time.

The Bills lack a second WR threat. Lee Evans could be that guy.  We all hope he is that guy but today he is not that guy.

Lee Evans has shown that he can get open deep and score TD's. That is EXACTLY what we need. Of course he is not a league leading reciever...he's a rookie. He is a rookie that had done a pretty good job so far. Again, it was something that we needed, and they went out and got it.

The Bills lack a TE.

Mark Cambell had been doing pretty good when they throw the ball his way. He certainly isn't leading the league in everything, but 13.5 yards a catch is not a bad stat. If they could get the ball out more, I believe he can be one of the better pass catching TE's we have seen in a long time.

The Bills lack a great RB.  Travis is nice, Willis is still improving but zero rushing TD's and a inability to gain short yardage does not win my heart over.

Once again...A team need that was addressed in the draft. Everyone got down on TD for picking a RB in the first round when we already had Travis Henry. Now it looks like a brilliant move. Henry is faultering and WM is getting better. Again, we will have to wait and see if he can excel, but right now there is not much else to be done.

T

he Bills lack a quality Offensive line.

This, along with QB, is the main area of concern. If they can get some better O-linemen in here, give JP time to throw and open holes for McGahee, all of the above problems should be taken care of. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED BEFORE THIS TEAM CAN COMPETE.

On D.

We lack a decent Safety.

NOTE TO EVERYONE:

***WE HAVE THE 5TH RATED DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE!!!***

Could they be better? Sure. There is always room for improvement, but damn, what the hell else to you want?

They are allowing 17.7 points per game. Take away the 2 TD's that were scored directly off turnovers (The Defense never had a chance to get on the field) and they are averaging 13.4 points per game!!!

Could we use star talent at every single position on the field? Of course, but it aint gonna happen. As for me, I'm pretty happy with what we have.

Coaching.

Yep. Hopefully they will get better.

I would also like to add that we really need a kicker worth a crap!

I disagree. We have all the pieces in place. A good recieving core. A very young RB. A young QB. A very good Defense. We need an offensive line.

go bills..

The Pats lacked one player the year they won the Super Bowl '01 season.  After two games they were 0-2 and in comes a sixth round draft pick QB and leads them to the Super Bowl.  I live in Boston and half were saying Bledsoe needs to go and the other half were saying give him an Oline, another receiver etc...  Getting rid of Drew with an average QB who doesn't make spectacular plays, but doesn't hurt himself will help immensely.  The switch of just one player on their team made the biggest difference.

88537[/snapback]

AMEN

the team needs more SAPE

88544[/snapback]

Damn straight!!

Do we need all of the positions I listed. No. But to say as many around here say that it is simply a QB issue is out of balance. We need to find playmakers instead of nice players. We have a group of nice players without stars.

Can Moulds be a playmaker? Sure but not without help.

On D. Yes we are a statistically nice D. 2 games we have lost on the final drive. Those 2 games represent the difference between 1-5 and 3-2. So to argue on the basis that we are statistically pretty good is wrong.

Talent and Top 5 players. I will keep preaching until we find someone.

Can JP, Willis, Evans get there? Maybe.

Spikes and Moorman are in the category. Maybe even a healthy Milloy. Offensively we have no one.

The Pats lacked one player the year they won the Super Bowl '01 season.  After two games they were 0-2 and in comes a sixth round draft pick QB and leads them to the Super Bowl.  I live in Boston and half were saying Bledsoe needs to go and the other half were saying give him an Oline, another receiver etc...  Getting rid of Drew with an average QB who doesn't make spectacular plays, but doesn't hurt himself will help immensely.  The switch of just one player on their team made the biggest difference.

88537[/snapback]

How does that keep the D from collapsing in the 4th quarter? <_<

I never knew DB played defense.

Sorry but I don't think we score 21 or more a game just cuz of one guy. I don't understand how our receivers will stop dropping easy balls with a different QB.

I have stayed away for a while because I cannot stand the thinking.  To think that the Bills are one player away.  When JP gets healthy we will be ok.  It is all Drew...

We are in the state were are in because we are several players away.  Teams do not play like we do that are 1 player away.  This is a team game.

The Bills lack a second WR threat. Lee Evans could be that guy.  We all hope he is that guy but today he is not that guy.

The Bills lack a TE.

The Bills lack a great RB.  Travis is nice, Willis is still improving but zero rushing TD's and a inability to gain short yardage does not win my heart over.

The Bills lack a quality Offensive line.

On D.

We lack a decent Safety.

Coaching.

It goes back to a number of things.  1) An overall lack of talent.  This board highly over-rates our players. 2) The draft.  Modrak has run the draft for this organization and has done a horific job.  He did not want to draft McNabb in Philly.  We are now banking on his ability to find a QB with Losman.  I hope he was right this time. 

go bills..

88471[/snapback]

Noone here says Drew is the whole problem with the Bills. Noone! Why must you take peoples position and distort it to the extreme? You must be a democrat <_<

I agree with most of your posting, but am (for whatever reason) more optimistic.

Second WRs should not be so hard to find. Much depends on what they do with Moulds and his cap hit next year anyway.

Kelsay will probably continue to develop. Denney will not, imo.

Safeties are usually available in later rounds and cost little.

JP is the future (or so we hope).

Willis will get better and a backup should be easy to get.

The OL is the problem. We need at least one free agent, a couple of draft picks, and to re-sign Price, who is an example of a guy who seemed to learn from McNally. If he can, so can rookies. I hold little to no hope for Williams unless he gets his head on straight, a dubious proposition.

In all, I dont think we are THAT far away, unless TD continues to ruin the team.

Noone here says Drew is the whole problem with the Bills.  Noone! Why must you take peoples position and distort it to the extreme?  You must be a democrat <_<

89034[/snapback]

What part of the "Indy" Jay did you not understand!! :lol: I vote the way that the state typically votes.

I agree with most of your posting, but am (for whatever reason) more optimistic.

Second WRs should not be so hard to find. Much depends on what they do with Moulds and his cap hit next year anyway.

Kelsay will probably continue to develop. Denney will not, imo.

Safeties are usually available in later rounds and cost little.

JP is the future (or so we hope).

Willis will get better and a backup should be easy to get.

The OL is the problem. We need at least one free agent, a couple of draft picks, and to re-sign Price, who is an example of a guy who seemed to learn from McNally. If he can, so can rookies. I hold little to no hope for Williams unless he gets his head on straight, a dubious proposition.

In all, I dont think we are THAT far away, unless TD continues to ruin the team.

89111[/snapback]

It seems like just yesterday, before the draft, when you,me, and a handful of others were collectively told to drop dead for our advocacy of picking offensive linemen. Shall I pass the salt? <_<

It seems like just yesterday, before the draft, when you,me, and a handful of others were collectively told to drop dead for our advocacy of picking offensive linemen.  Shall I pass the salt? <_<

89234[/snapback]

Why? Would you rather have an Olineman or two and have Reed as the number 2 WR and no replacement for Drew on the horizon?

6 in one half a dozen in the other IMO. Either way we would need upgrades this off-season as well.

Why?  Would you rather have an Olineman or two and have Reed as the number 2 WR and no replacement for Drew on the horizon?

6 in one half a dozen in the other IMO.  Either way we would need upgrades this off-season as well.

89487[/snapback]

Sure. Coulda been an upgrade THIS season.

What we lack is ability to win games, finish games, and honestly start games with offensive intensity and execution.

Jax-could not finish on either side of the ball in the 4th

Oak-too many mistakes to win, bad refs and coaching decisions, bad penalties

Jets-could not finish on D, could not start on O

Pats-D couldn't stop of 3rd downs, O could not finish in the 4th

Ravens-Bledsoe sucked, O Line Sucked, D played great

We lose games for ourselves, this team needs to learn to win