Travis Speaks to media

millbank

mcgahee talked to the media also as did jonas jennings i beleive and bledsoe and mularkey will be holding a 3:30 pm press conference

88322[/snapback]

They are going to annouce that the first 1,000 into the Stadium on Sunday get a free spot on the starting lineup.

I thoght he took it well. There are a lot of players in this league that would whine about their playing time and be a distraction to their team: READ JERRY RICE.

Travis took the high road, didn't get baited by the media, and simply said his focus is on helping the team. Pretty mature way to handle it if you ask me.

Travis Henry spoke to media link to it on Buffalo Bills.com

the coach has news  conference at 3:30

Travis was straight.

News Conferences

88306[/snapback]

I thoght he took it well.  There are a lot of players in this league that would whine about their playing time and be a distraction to their team: READ JERRY RICE.

Travis took the high road, didn't get baited by the media, and simply said his focus is on helping the team.  Pretty mature way to handle it if you ask me.

88330[/snapback]

Yes he did , he was straight forward honest. No story here about him taking it the wrong way.

Frankly some time Willis needs learn to keep his mouth shut it would have been right this week to have made Willis sit at least a quarter until he gets the idea that coaches make such announcements.

Yes he did , he was straight forward honest. No story here about him taking it the wrong way.

Frankly some time Willis needs learn to keep his mouth shut it would have been right this week to have made Willis sit at least a quarter until  he gets the idea that coaches make such announcements.

88341[/snapback]

Seems obvious to me, but maybe if you don't do what I do for a living, it isn't.

There's about a 99% chance that there was a Bills' representative right next to WM while he was on the phone with JB.

My bet is that he was told it was OK to say that he'd be starting.

Supposedly, Mularkey said "Willis is starting, when he needs a break Travis is coming in, and Travis is also in some other personnel groupings."

That doesn't sound like "co-starters" to me. So why, oh why, was that impression even floated out there by One Bills Drive?

Let's be honest, who really cares who starts. Being the starting running back on the lowest ranked team in the NFL shouldn't be viewed as an honor. The number one objective for both players should be to get out of Buffalo as fast as they can. This team rankes right there with 1968 Bills as one of their worst in history.

Seems obvious to me, but maybe if you don't do what I do for a living, it isn't.

There's about a 99% chance that there was a Bills' representative right next to WM while he was on the phone with JB.

My bet is that he was told it was OK to say that he'd be starting.

88358[/snapback]

Fair enough Brad, poor choice by management advisor than , the coach is speaking right now, this was the time and he was the person to announce this move not Willis.

My issue isnt that Willis shouldnt be starting, its how its handled. That Willis is going to replace Travis it the right decision , there is no reason it not be done in respectful fashion.

The bottom line to this is a management who did not move on Travis when his value was at its highest and now are in position they cannot do a thing until the off season thusly having to find some way that Travis Henrys value does not deminish more than it already has. imo

Supposedly, Mularkey said "Willis is starting, when he needs a break Travis is coming in, and Travis is also in some other personnel groupings."

That doesn't sound like "co-starters" to me. So why, oh why, was that impression even floated out there by One Bills Drive?

88369[/snapback]

Apparantly it was a misquote..he said we had two "starting caliber" tailbacks, not two starting tailbacks..which is true...

Apparantly it was a misquote..he said we had two "starting caliber" tailbacks, not two starting tailbacks..which is true...

88414[/snapback]

But this is still the "top story" at buffalobills.com:

Starting Pair

Head Coach Mike Mularkey has announced that both Travis Henry and Willis McGahee have been named starting running backs.

If it was a misquote, somebody had better let the website folks know.....

If it was a misquote, somebody had better let the website folks know.....

88450[/snapback]

Pisses me off how the media puts words into coaches mouths and start all kinds of crap. MM made it quite clear what he said.

Pisses me off how the media puts words into coaches mouths and start all kinds of crap.  MM made it quite clear what he said.

88455[/snapback]

they had better change the depth chart on site also that shows co- starters

Depth Chart

The entire coaches conference he says many things regarding who is starter from it being both of them , to Willis, to it just being this week.

They have a problem of not wanting to diminish Travis Henrys Value so they do not want to call him a backup who has lost his job.

Pisses me off how the media puts words into coaches mouths and start all kinds of crap.  MM made it quite clear what he said.

88455[/snapback]

Nope, can't blame the media for picking up on this one - anyone who read the official team website, or gets the V-Coach or BillsDirect bulletins e-mailed to them, got that message right from One Bills Drive. So if that wasn't actually what Mularkey originally said, then somebody in their communications dept. did him wrong. Big time.