Martyball?

The San Diego Chargers went 14-2 a few years ago with Marty Marty Schottenheimer as head coach and then he was fired by the GM because they didn't get along. It had something to do with Cam Cameron being hired away to be the head coach of the Dolphins and Marty wanted to bring in is son to run the offense. Actually Brian Schottenheimer is currently running the NY Jets offense and not doing a bad job.

The point here is that my take on why the Chargers were so great that year is because of Cam Cameron. LT excelled in Camerons offense and since he left LT hasn't been even close to the same player. Or the offensive running game for that matter.

Did anyone catch the Mon night game between the Ravens and the Redskins? I watched in absolute awe as the Ravens pounded the ball on the ground against a decent defense.

Cam Cameron had the O line using an "unbalanced" line which ment that it used 3 O Tackles and they shifted from a regular formation to three tackles on one side, It was unreal. Then they just pounded the ball. A 12 play drive that lasted 8 min and 11 of those plays were running plays and the last play a play action TD pass. The Ravens had a real fullback blocking for Laron McClain the other fullback and it was glorious the way they dominated on the ground.

I nominate Cam Cameron as next Bills OC or even HC

The San Diego Chargers went 14-2 a few years ago with Marty Marty Schottenheimer as head coach and then he was fired by the GM because they didn't get along. It had something to do with Cam Cameron being hired away to be the head coach of the Dolphins and Marty wanted to bring in is son to run the offense. Actually Brian Schottenheimer is currently running the NY Jets offense and not doing a bad job.

The point here is that my take on why the Chargers were so great that year is because of Cam Cameron. LT excelled in Camerons offense and since he left LT hasn't been even close to the same player. Or the offensive running game for that matter.

Did anyone catch the Mon night game between the Ravens and the Redskins? I watched in absolute awe as the Ravens pounded the ball on the ground against a decent defense.

Cam Cameron had the O line using an "unbalanced" line which ment that it used 3 O Tackles and they shifted from a regular formation to three tackles on one side, It was unreal. Then they just pounded the ball. A 12 play drive that lasted 8 min and 11 of those plays were running plays and the last play a play action TD pass. The Ravens had a real fullback blocking for Laron McClain the other fullback and it was glorious the way they dominated on the ground.

I nominate Cam Cameron as next Bills OC or even HC

Cameron got a head coaching spot in Miami and they went 1-15. That was last year. You sure you want him as HC?

Speaking of history, I never understood why the Bills canned Wade Phillips. And the Flutie-Johnson "controversy" was a red herring, and I can't believe people criticized Wade for not wearing a headset on the sidelines. He was the last winning coach the Bills have had and that seems like a lifetime ago.

Speaking of history, I never understood why the Bills canned Wade Phillips. And the Flutie-Johnson "controversy" was a red herring, and I can't believe people criticized Wade for not wearing a headset on the sidelines. He was the last winning coach the Bills have had and that seems like a lifetime ago.

Wade is incompetent as a HC.

He is a good DC but he has no clue as the head guy.

He totally ignores special teams and is pretty lost with the offense.

Cowboys are falling apart under his expert guidance.

The people criticizing Cam Cameron,let me ask a question. What was Jimmy Johnson's first year at the helm of the Dallas Cowboys.He had one year in Miami and yea it was horrid but that doesn't discount what he did in San Diego and what he has done for that Raven offense this year,simply amazing.

I'll take progression over regression any day,the Dolphins could have only gotten better.

The Bills will finish this year at.....?

The people criticizing Cam Cameron,let me ask a question. What was Jimmy Johnson's first year at the helm of the Dallas Cowboys.He had one year in Miami and yea it was horrid but that doesn't discount what he did in San Diego and what he has done for that Raven offense this year,simply amazing.

I'll take progression over regression any day,the Dolphins could have only gotten better.

The Bills will finish this year at.....?

Some people are coordinators and some are Head Coaches. It's that simple. What JJ did in Dallas was mainly due to his eye for talent. He stripped that team even trading it's best player in Herschel Walker. Then built from the bottom up.

Some people are coordinators and some are Head Coaches. It's that simple. What JJ did in Dallas was mainly due to his eye for talent. He stripped that team even trading it's best player in Herschel Walker. Then built from the bottom up.

So your saying that even tho he took over from Lou Saban and had a crap GM that he will never be a decent head coach because he has one horrid season? The guy can build an amazing offense with a ROOKIE QB, think what he could do with Edwards.

Actually, it's nowhere near that simple. Plenty are both. And plenty look like coordinators exclusively until they break out. Remember how wretched Belichick was in his first stint as an HC? Many folks thought he was only a coordinator.

We don't know yet about Cameron. If you blame that season on Cameron, without looking at the absolutely horrible personnel they had down there at that time, you're trying to figure out what the sun is by looking at the moon.

Wow. I thought I'd seen everything.

I haven't thought much of Cameron ever since I saw his horrible playcalling against NE in the playoffs in his last year as OC. The Chargers had no receivers, TOmlinson is averaging over 5 yards a carry, so what's his strategy? Bombs away!

Unbalanced formations arent new. But they do work against a raven style defense which tends to attack gaps and play a 3-4 down style where their olbs creep up. More linemen mean the defense will have less depth to pursue plays. Like running against a goal-line or a 5-2 defense.