Ralph's Words

BillsNYC

I partially agree with Ralph about not enough talent on the team. Aside from Marshawn Lynch and maybe a few others, there isn't a standout player to be had. There aren't too many players on the team that make the opposing team shake in their boots. However, I think a good coaching staff can help make a difference. Good coaches can get through to the players, help them be better, help them identify what they're doing wrong and how to overcome their mistakes. After seeing the same garbage every week now for the past 6 weeks, it's obvious that the same mistakes are made and that has to fall partially on the coaching. Sure, the players are the ones on the field executing and if they aren't doing what they're being told to do, then they need a coach to get through to them and let them know it's not acceptable. It's depressing when the Bills come out on the field and play terrible football for the first half of the game, because it's almost certain they'll continue where they left off after halftime and will play yet another half of terrible football. There are no adjustments made, no changes, no nothing.

we have the tallest offensive line in the entire league for chrissakes, what more do you want?

The fact Ralph gave the league's worst coaches a pass - as others have mentioned - indicates to me Dick & Co. are "his guys" going forward.

Which is why we're going to make it a decade without a playoff berth.

Our only hope - that Russ Brandon (who I'm completely unimpressed with thus far) goes to the edge of the abyss in rebuilding the football operations in an effort to... you know... do his job?... and put his stamp on the football side of the franchise. Remember, he isn't there to MAKE football decisions (who to draft, what to pay free agents), he's there to RUN football operations. A minor distinction to be sure, but an important one nonetheless.

And a great way to improve that specific aspect of the business he runs is to bring in someone who'll Get The Job Done.

That's my last hope. Otherwise, this team will sink further and further until they're packaged up and sold to the highest bidder who moves them to god knows where.

I dunno, Ralphie didn't throw his coaches under the bus- saying 'we need more talent' is a lot more benign than calling out 2-3 individuals. If Ralph went after the coaches with three games left... I think that would harm more than help, especially if he knows he entering the coaching market soon- He's not going to make a move before the off season. It's a deadly 'vote of confidence' perhaps.

Nothing is going to encourage coaches more to want to be the Bills head coach then the owner saying the team needs more players with talent.

I partially agree with Ralph about not enough talent on the team. Aside from Marshawn Lynch and maybe a few others, there isn't a standout player to be had. There aren't too many players on the team that make the opposing team shake in their boots. However, I think a good coaching staff can help make a difference. Good coaches can get through to the players, help them be better, help them identify what they're doing wrong and how to overcome their mistakes. After seeing the same garbage every week now for the past 6 weeks, it's obvious that the same mistakes are made and that has to fall partially on the coaching. Sure, the players are the ones on the field executing and if they aren't doing what they're being told to do, then they need a coach to get through to them and let them know it's not acceptable. It's depressing when the Bills come out on the field and play terrible football for the first half of the game, because it's almost certain they'll continue where they left off after halftime and will play yet another half of terrible football. There are no adjustments made, no changes, no nothing.

Coaching is a huge problem. That much we can agree on. However, the Bills talent is way better than what we're seeing now in regards to Ws. Our talent is good enough to be at least tied for first in or division. If we had beat Cleveland and San Fran (bad coaching decisions) we would be.

As I see the Bills good talent it's like this: Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Lee Evans, Josh Reed, K. Mitchell, Stroud, Greer, McGee, Parrish, Brian Moorman, Aaron Schobel. I've seen very promising things from Edwards, Steve Johnson, Jle Williams, Mr. Wilson, and Schouman. As much as people like to dog the offensive line, they have improved over the season to where now they open up holes and protect the QB pretty well. Say what you want about the defense, but they are ranked 11th in the NFL in fewest yards given up and 12th in fewest points. That's a pretty stout offense.

The Bills talent is fine. We need a real QB and a coach and we're good to to (to the playoffs in 2009).

I don't see how Ralph can keep a guy that went 7-9, 7-9, 6-10. I think the VAST MAJORITY of us think Dick must go, now if we can only convince Ralph.

He's gotta go. Period. Too much risk in waiting another year to develop the young talent the Bills have. Plus you have to believe the fans will force the issue. Jauron is on his way out. Getting a vote of confidence from the owner in troubled times is usually the first step in the replacement process.

For whatever reason, these coaches and these players are not a winning combination. Winning is the bottom line.

Ralph: "Blah blah blah... not Jauron's fault.... blah blah blah"

Translation: "You want me to eat a 3 year extension? No f-cking chance"

Where does this "3 year extension" stuff come from? I understand there were rumors. From where? Who said it? Can anyone provide a link with anyone saying Dick got a "3 year extension"?

Where does this "3 year extension" stuff come from? I understand there were rumors. From where? Who said it? Can anyone provide a link with anyone saying Dick got a "3 year extension"?

Mort and others. Check the ESPN archives or do a search here and you should be able to find a link or seven.