Ralph's Words

BillsNYC

In the losing locker room, Bills owner Ralph Wilson briefly spoke to reporters about his team's dreary defeat. For the second week in a row, they failed to score a touchdown.

Wilson disagreed with half of Whitner's evaluation. Wilson suggested the coaching staff was fine, but the players were the problem.

"We haven't got the talent," Wilson said. "We didn't play well. The coaches, they can't go out and kick the ball. They can't go out and tackle. What else is there to be involved?

"We got three points. The way we're playing, it's tough to get three points."

What a tease the Bills turned out to be. It's been an unfair joy ride for their forlorn fans that started careening back in October and finally rolled over in a ditch on Sunday.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-502...lls-choked.html

In the losing locker room, Bills owner Ralph Wilson briefly spoke to reporters about his team's dreary defeat. For the second week in a row, they failed to score a touchdown.

Wilson disagreed with half of Whitner's evaluation. Wilson suggested the coaching staff was fine, but the players were the problem.

"We haven't got the talent," Wilson said. "We didn't play well. The coaches, they can't go out and kick the ball. They can't go out and tackle. What else is there to be involved?

What a tease the Bills turned out to be. It's been an unfair joy ride for their forlorn fans that started careening back in October and finally rolled over in a ditch on Sunday.

Well...If in fact Ralph does not think the Coaching is at fault then I simply have no hope for this Team or this Franchise any longer...The Coaches gave this team almost zero opportunity to pull these last 6 losses out...It's almost amazing when You look at the fact that all of these 6 losses were within reach in the 2nd Half of each Game...And in every Game except maybe the Cleveland Game the Bills went out series after series and had nothing...Defenses looked like they knew the Plays before they were Run...Execution was poor...And sure the Players are at fault, but how much of that is the Coaches not putting these Guys into Plays that actually FOOL opponents? It almost never happened in these 6 Games...Whether or not the Players respect Dead Dick, they are simply not responding to his Coaching...They're not...And I just can't see how that is going to change next Season the minute The Bills hit a bit of adversity or a bump in the road... :lol:

Ralph needs to look at the last two teams we just lost to. THe 49ers and dolphins have no talent on their team yet the coaches have used their talents to put them in the position to win and build the attitutde we are going to beat you. We were the pathetic team on the field more than a few times this season that is the coaching not etsablishing an identity or attitude, thats the caoches not gameplanning to win! Why throw on 1st and goal at the 3????? ;):lol:

Ralph needs to look at the last two teams we just lost to. THe 49ers and dolphins have no talent on their team yet the coaches have used their talents to put them in the position to win and build the attitutde we are going to beat you. We were the pathetic team on the field more than a few times this season that is the coaching not etsablishing an identity or attitude, thats the caoches not gameplanning to win! Why throw on 1st and goal at the 3????? :lol::lol:

Also isnt ever year that we dont make the playoffs he says we dont have the talent. SO bring in some ;) talent already and start with the GM and work your way down!!!!!!!!

"We haven't got the talent,"

And yet you paid Kelsay and Denney millions of dollars along with the meaningless sackmaster Schoebel and you wonder why. Instead of three solid DE's you've got a 1 and he's not exactly stellar.

And who's fault is that you doddering old fool?? When opposing teams are saying they know exactly what you're running an all Madden team couldn't score.

It's over for this team and franchise folks. Stick a fork in them and get on with your lives.

I won't listen to anything Ralph has to say anymore. He has sold out the fans. What's next? Give up a home game to play at the highest bidder? Whether it be Miami or New England? Yesterday was disgusting.

It's not the coaching = contract extension was signed........case closed

WHen you read between the lines Sullivan finally has his answer. Dick Jauron signed a contract extension with ole Ralphy boy and cheap Ralph is now trying to change the direction that the bullets are flying... Because he sure as sh-- does not want to fire a guy he is on the hook for 3-5 more years....

WHen you read between the lines Sullivan finally has his answer. Dick Jauron signed a contract extension with ole Ralphy boy and cheap Ralph is now trying to change the direction that the bullets are flying... Because he sure as sh-- does not want to fire a guy he is on the hook for 3-5 more years....

I dunno, Ralphie didn't throw his coaches under the bus- saying 'we need more talent' is a lot more benign than calling out 2-3 individuals. If Ralph went after the coaches with three games left... I think that would harm more than help, especially if he knows he entering the coaching market soon- He's not going to make a move before the off season. It's a deadly 'vote of confidence' perhaps.

I dunno, Ralphie didn't throw his coaches under the bus- saying 'we need more talent' is a lot more benign than calling out 2-3 individuals. If Ralph went after the coaches with three games left... I think that would harm more than help, especially if he knows he entering the coaching market soon- He's not going to make a move before the off season. It's a deadly 'vote of confidence' perhaps.

Such wishful thinking....

Here is how a leader accepts accountability and answers the question: "I take full responsibility for what is happening with this franchise as the owner and President of this team. I am not happy with the way this season has gone. This underachievement is absolutely, positively unacceptable. Mark my words, we are going to fix this and fix this quick."

It tells everyone from Brandon to the towel boy, somebody gives a damn.

These words really bothered me when I read them Friday, but, hope springing eternal and all that so I didn't post about it.

But you'll never explain that to the people. They're going to think what they want.

That was in response to fears that these Toronto games will lead to a permanent move. How dare that sonofabitch say that about the folks supporting his team?

Ebenezer Wilson

Here is how a leader accepts accountability and answers the question: "I take full responsibility for what is happening with this franchise as the owner and President of this team. I am not happy with the way this season has gone. This underachievement is absolutely, positively unacceptable. Mark my words, we are going to fix this and fix this quick."

It tells everyone from Brandon to the towel boy, somebody gives a damn.

In all fairness, if I was put in the spot of needing a quick sound bite, I'd F it up. This 90 year old man mumbled a bit and took off. He didn't apologize for Donahoe until after the season, but he did it, and that wasn't too long ago. Problem is, it's no better now. It's just a little less sickening, I don't feel quite the same level of despair.

I'm not apologizing for him, I just don't have the energy to be mad at a part of the team that is what it is.

Give the guy a chance to think it through and he'll at least sound as clear headed as the Wall of Fame ceremonies. Whew, aren't those brutal...

This quote makes me want to vomit. This guy is way out of his league, both figuratively and literally.

Three rules Wilson should oblige by-

1) When you start off the season 5-1 and finish the seasn 6-10 WITHOUT any major injuries to your core players, it is not because the team lacks talent or the ability to win. That being said, I agree the Bills don't have the talent to win consistently. Thanks Ralph for calling yourself out. You senile old man.

2) What a great idea. Stick behind the coach who is universally being acknowledged by the football world as one of the worst coaches in the league. A guy who has never won and will never win. Your fan base is out for his head, the players are skeptical of him, and YOU BLAME THE PLAYERS!??! Real great way to keep your players loyal. In a city like Buffalo, as management, you have to keep the players loyal. Its the only way they feel obliged to accept hometown discounts and contracts the Bills can afford. Same for Free Agency, when you can't overwhelm a player with cash, you need to market yourself as an organization he will want to go to. You don't do that by calling out the players.

3) JAURON should either be taking responsibility or blaming the players for not showing enough fire. He should have said 6 weeks ago to the press "our guys need to step it up or we are in big trouble". Ralph should keep his nose out of there. You know who gets involved like that? Jerry Jones. And it no longer works for him. You don't see Kraft out there telling everyone how much his team is a bunch of no-talent assclowns when they lose.

What a disaster.

How does a team start 4-0 and finish the way we have?? Here is the real question Name the team with 6 wins or more that we beat this season? Give up?? No one.

In all fairness, if I was put in the spot of needing a quick sound bite, I'd F it up. This 90 year old man mumbled a bit and took off. He didn't apologize for Donahoe until after the season, but he did it, and that wasn't too long ago. Problem is, it's no better now. It's just a little less sickening, I don't feel quite the same level of despair.

I'm not apologizing for him, I just don't have the energy to be mad at a part of the team that is what it is.

Give the guy a chance to think it through and he'll at least sound as clear headed as the Wall of Fame ceremonies. Whew, aren't those brutal...

Actually, I did think of that. But, I think it only underscores that Ralph putting Ralph (with some advisors) in charge of an NFL football operation wasn't a good move 3 years ago. I mean really, he should've known somebody might ask a tough question after the last 2 months and considered an appropriate response beforehand. Getting caught flat footed is being unprepared. It's like long snapping a ball off your a55.

I partially agree with Ralph about not enough talent on the team. Aside from Marshawn Lynch and maybe a few others, there isn't a standout player to be had. There aren't too many players on the team that make the opposing team shake in their boots. However, I think a good coaching staff can help make a difference. Good coaches can get through to the players, help them be better, help them identify what they're doing wrong and how to overcome their mistakes. After seeing the same garbage every week now for the past 6 weeks, it's obvious that the same mistakes are made and that has to fall partially on the coaching. Sure, the players are the ones on the field executing and if they aren't doing what they're being told to do, then they need a coach to get through to them and let them know it's not acceptable. It's depressing when the Bills come out on the field and play terrible football for the first half of the game, because it's almost certain they'll continue where they left off after halftime and will play yet another half of terrible football. There are no adjustments made, no changes, no nothing.