Trent Edwards

JPicc2114

Why is everyone calling for this guys head? It is his first full year starting.

Go take a look at Peyton Manning's first year stats. Drew Brees sucked his first couple years.

Trent Edwards is the man, give him some time. One of the quickest releases in the NFL.

Agreed. I think that he is a very good, smart QB. He may get his confidence shaken, but I think really that's where coaching comes in. I really want to see this guy succeed. The only thing that worries me is the injuries. This is his third time injured in 18 games or something. That worries me. Buffalo should invest in a good back up qb or maybe even throw an offer Losman's way.

Go take a look at Peyton Manning's first year stats. Drew Brees sucked his first couple years.

Trent Edwards is the man, give him some time. One of the quickest releases in the NFL.

I suppot trent and believe he is our ansswer. There are a few reasons they are calling for his head.

1.) he set a highbar and hasn't been there in a couple months

2.) people think to be good you are awesome right away and throw no incompletions. --no time to develop--think everyone will be Matt Ryan-good right away

3.) We haven't had a QB in so long

4.)people will always love JP

5.) he's not flashy

Sure has the ability/capability for the "quick" release, but as for combining that with quick decisions, that hasn't been the case the past 5-6 weeks. He's been holding the ball way too long and clearly the eight men in coverage themes thrown at him gave him a lot of trouble. Now that isn't all his fault as teams clearly felt Edwards would hurt them more than the Bills ground game (which has finally shown some life the past couple weeks). The Bills need to keep the running game as a part of the attack to get teams to play him more honestly. Unfortunately, the OL hasn't shown the ability to consistently move people enough to make the run game consistent. Too many short yardage stuffs and losses allowed by these guys.

All in all, Edwards gave us hope early. Unfortunately, for multiple reasons, he's failed the the last 5 games more often than not. He's got "potential" but as Parcells says, potential only means you haven't made it yet......

Guest dog14787

I agree, TE is going to be fine as long as we revamp the offense in the off season.

I agree, TE is going to be fine as long as we revamp the offense in the off season.

.....hummm.....

I believe we've all heard this lament many, many times the past 5 years (that was JP excuse #1 too)...

Guest dog14787
.....hummm.....

I believe we've all heared this lament many, many times the past 5 years (that was JP excuse #1 too)...

Yup, makes sense, considering they have both faced the same problems. :)

Maybe its just me...but I actually think we have TWO quarterbacks who are top-10 caliber QBs on this team. The biggest problem we have had is that we cannot get behind one of these guys and say "You are our guy. The Fans love you. We know you will struggle at times, but the ownership and fans will support you at ALL times".

Do you think that the attitude of the "JP HATERS" and "TRENT HATERS" has not been felt by JP and Trent themselves? Do you think the musical QBs played by Jauron (and even before him with Flutie, Johnson and Bledsoe) have not had some impact on these guys confidence and play on the field?

People throwing things at the players...come on... Think about your own job. If everyone you met on the street, at the grocery store, or in the mall thought you were doing a horrible job at your job...even maybe told you so. Some even threw stuff at you. Would this effect your job performance?

We the FANS have to take some responsibility here. For some of you, the true problem is no further away than staring into your own mirror.

Same goes for the head coach....and our Owner...

This team will not be successful until WE as FANS start to support our team. And some of you "Fans" need to look in the mirror

concussion.......everyone is in denial...let him rest up for next year