OJ just got a minimum of 15 years

Just got the breaking news alert from WGR:

61 year-old O.J. Simpson was sentenced to 18 years in jail for armed robbery and kidnapping charges. The former Bills running back will be eligible for parole in 6 years.

Seems to be a lot of confusion about how long he'll serve.... :unsure:

OJ's inclusion on the wall and in the HOF is based on his on field game and not on anything else.

I know were just talking about football heroes but heroes that you honor and put on a pedastal should be more than just good players. I am not saying they have to be saints but murderer (we all know he did it) and armed robbery are enough to disgrace him from hero status. To me its a package deal. I don't want to honor a thug or see my kid admire a murderer no matter how good a football player he was.

Well I guess I could agree with removing his name for the kidnapping and armed robbery although he is one of the greatest IMO the second greatest RB in team history so I'm not sure it is correct to do so. I suppose it would depend on what the criteria for being honored on the wall is. As far as the murder charges do I think he did it yeah I sure do but the reality is he was not convicted, there was certainly reasonable doubt that was mainly the fault of sloppy police work thus there was truly one possible verdict.

This is the foundation of our whole justice system we cannot begin punishing people for crimes they arent convicted of no matter how strong the belief of guilt is. This is a very slippery slope and to do so would be very unamerican as a matter of fact it would be true Fascism.

In state prison, he will remain in his own cell protected from the general prison population because of his celebrity.

WTF!

The Goldmans took a share of the credit for Simpson's fate, saying their relentless pursuit of his assets to satisfy a $33.5 million wrongful-death judgment "pushed him over the edge" and led him to commit the robbery to recover some of his valuable sports memorabilia.

I think that's very true.

I know were just talking about football heroes but heroes that you honor and put on a pedastal should be more than just good players. I am not saying they have to be saints but murderer (we all know he did it) and armed robbery are enough to disgrace him from hero status. To me its a package deal. I don't want to honor a thug or see my kid admire a murderer no matter how good a football player he was.

OJ was never a football hero to me. I've really never had any sports heroes. I'm just pointing out the difference between crimes and field play. Anyway, he was never convicted of murder.

Speaking of O.J. does anyone remember the murder charges against Ray Lewis just before the S.B.? I cant think of the details.

I believe that Lewis didn't do it but knows exactly who did and is covering up for them.

Well I guess I could agree with removing his name for the kidnapping and armed robbery although he is one of the greatest IMO the second greatest RB in team history so I'm not sure it is correct to do so. I suppose it would depend on what the criteria for being honored on the wall is. As far as the murder charges do I think he did it yeah I sure do but the reality is he was not convicted, there was certainly reasonable doubt that was mainly the fault of sloppy police work thus there was truly one possible verdict.

This is the foundation of our whole justice system we cannot begin punishing people for crimes they arent convicted of no matter how strong the belief of guilt is. This is a very slippery slope and to do so would be very unamerican as a matter of fact it would be true Fascism.

I agree with the last point, as well as the other points that OJ's name should be scrubbed from the Wall of Fame. The Judge was, I think, smart not to give him the max. Probably lessens the odds that the sentence is disturbed on appeal.

Reality is, this guy is old and will probably die in prison, and not necessarily because of the length of the sentence. The food is pretty bad in prison and people don't tend to reach old age on the "inside."