Is the decision to fire Jauron out of Wilson's hands?

SDS

I apologize for yet another thread revolving around Jauron, but I thought this theory may have some legs.

This dreadful franchise has been peddling hope for almost a decade now. With the economy the way it is and with season ticket sales surely to plummet next season - how does one peddle hope after the crash and burn of this season?

Even if one can make the argument that Jauron deserves to stay or that Ralph would normally never buy out his contract, when you peddle hope - perception is reality. If the fan base has decided that this team is hopeless with Jauron - who is going to buck this economic downturn, reject the only message the Bills have to offer their fans, and purchase those tickets?

Ralph, like it or not, may come to the conclusion that he has to fire Jauron or he will have nothing to offer the fans for next season.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for yet another thread revolving around Jauron, but I thought this theory may have some legs.

This dreadful franchise has been peddling hope for almost a decade now. With the economy the way it is and with season ticket sales surely to plummet next season - how does one peddle hope after the crash and burn of this season?

Even if one can make the argument that Jauron deserves to stay or that Ralph would normally never buy out his contract, when you peddle hope - perception is reality. If the fan base has decided that this team is hopeless with Jauron - who is going to buck this economic downturn, reject the only message the Bills have to offer their fans, and purchase those tickets?

Ralph, like it or not, may come to the conclusion that he has to fire Jauron or he will have nothing to offer the fans for next season.

Exactly. Even more, they are really going to have problems selling tickets for those Toronto games as the

novelty wears off and Toronto fans don't pay inflated prices for a sub-par product.

While he's at it, he should bring in a real GM who understands how to build a team through the draft and via free agency. One who doesn't overpay for mediocre talent (Dockery, Walker, Kelsay) and one who doesn't squander draft picks (McCargo, Poz, Losman).

That will translate to more wins more than (yet another) head coach.

Good point. If the Bills finish 7-9, or even 8-8, this year; it's going to take more than a tweak here or there to convince fans that the team is making the right moves to get over that hump.

1. Is the Toronto game sold out?

2. Will it be blacked out in B-Lo?

3. How much are season tickets for next year?

4. Does the season ticket package include the "home" Toronto game?

5. When do season tickets go on sale.

1/) Officially. Tickets are available, but they are returned visiting team tickets, and other fudgeables

2.) Nope, on TV

3.) Hasn't been announced

4.) No.

5.) Spring, but they haven't announced a date

Thanks man.

I know that the fans have been wrong on these matters (see Coughlin), but it's rare when they are because the list of coaches that take a long time to develop into winners is a very very short one. Dick would be going into his ninth year as a head coach with only one winning season under his belt. Yikes! Is this guy on the ten year development plan or what?

While he's at it, he should bring in a real GM who understands how to build a team through the draft and via free agency. One who doesn't overpay for mediocre talent (Dockery, Walker, Kelsay) and one who doesn't squander draft picks (McCargo, Poz, Losman).

That will translate to more wins more than (yet another) head coach.

I think Poz may be over-rated, especially around here he is but I would not call him a squandered pick. He has a lot of growing to do and still hasn't even played a full season. I'll give you McCargo and Losman but Poz doesn't belong paired with them. He's been a bit better then average behind a sub-par line. A lot is made of Lynch's problems being attributed to the O line, well it works on both sides of the ball. A MLB's success is highly dependent on the people in front of him and while I think that Stroud and Williams are decent, Poz needs time to grow before calling him a bust.

Just to go on record. This may be the first time I've ever defended Poz and hope it's the last. I expect him to be a good player for a long time.

I think Poz may be over-rated, especially around here he is but I would not call him a squandered pick. He has a lot of growing to do and still hasn't even played a full season. I'll give you McCargo and Losman but Poz doesn't belong paired with them. He's been a bit better then average behind a sub-par line. A lot is made of Lynch's problems being attributed to the O line, well it works on both sides of the ball. A MLB's success is highly dependent on the people in front of him and while I think that Stroud and Williams are decent, Poz needs time to grow before calling him a bust.

Just to go on record. This may be the first time I've ever defended Poz and hope it's the last. I expect him to be a good player for a long time.

I agree! The role that poz has as the middle signal caller is one he has yet to fully grow into. He must learn from the right people. Mishandled now and it will effect his entire career and waste the quality potential he has. :unsure:

I agree! The role that poz has as the middle signal caller is one he has yet to fully grow into. He must learn from the right people. Mishandled now and it will effect his entire career and waste the quality potential he has. :unsure:

The end of the world is upon us. Me & DBM agree!!!!! :(:bag:

Good to have ya back you bastardo!!

Well, I don't think Wilson will fire Jauron, UNLESS he believes there is no way to sell hope with Jauron, AND he can bring in a HC with enough cache to create a buzz independently. Since I don't think Ralph will eat that contract and pay big $$ for a name HC, I think Jauron stays. If he doesn't have a firm contract that can't be broken with Jauron, I think there is a chance, although a very slim chance, of it happening.

Well, I don't think Wilson will fire Jauron, UNLESS he believes there is no way to sell hope with Jauron, AND he can bring in a HC with enough cache to create a buzz independently. Since I don't think Ralph will eat that contract and pay big $$ for a name HC, I think Jauron stays. If he doesn't have a firm contract that can't be broken with Jauron, I think there is a chance, although a very slim chance, of it happening.

You could always coerce a resignation. :unsure:

I think this issue here isn't that Poz is a bust, but that we gave up a draft pick to get him. I think he could be a great player. Is he a third round pick's worth better than David Harris is the question here.

I don't think I could say that he is. I'm not sure it was clear at the time.

I think this issue here isn't that Poz is a bust, but that we gave up a draft pick to get him. I think he could be a great player. Is he a third round pick's worth better than David Harris is the question here.

I don't think I could say that he is. I'm not sure it was clear at the time.

Sully made the point in yesterday's chat that you don't here people calling Patrick Willis "young."

SDS, the counterargument, I guess, is do you think change for change's sake will be enough to get fans to buy in? If the next coach is anyone other than Bill Cowher (maybe Spagnuolo, maybe Schottenheimer), will fans be excited and the season-ticket base stay at the point it's at now?

Sully made the point in yesterday's chat that you don't here people calling Patrick Willis "young."

SDS, the counterargument, I guess, is do you think change for change's sake will be enough to get fans to buy in? If the next coach is anyone other than Bill Cowher (maybe Spagnuolo, maybe Schottenheimer), will fans be excited and the season-ticket base stay at the point it's at now?

Did Willis miss his first year?