(OT)NYPD Blue last nite

The Poojer

great friggin episode, the near implosion of clark.  the near humanization of the captain and the internal affairs guy.  Sipowitz going after taggart(?).  Now with Jimmy Smits making a ghostly return in 2 weeks it looks pretty awesome

87738[/snapback]

Actually, the IA guy, Martens, was instrumental last season in getting Hatcher off the force. He and Andy have more of an 'understanding' than a friendship. Bale surprised me. He may be coming around, despite what he thinks and what he said at the end. It'll be interesting to see how they do the scenes between Sipowicz and Simone. I hope it isn't too cheesy. Man, am I going to miss this show when this year's run is done. I have the first season on DVD, but I need to buy the other ones available. One day, I'll not only have all of these, but maybe by then they'll finally put my all-time favorite series out on DVD: Hill Street Blues!!!!

Actually, the IA guy, Martens, was instrumental last season in getting Hatcher off the force.  He and Andy have more of an 'understanding' than a friendship.  Bale surprised me.  He may be coming around, despite what he thinks and what he said at the end.  It'll be interesting to see how they do the scenes between Sipowicz and Simone.  I hope it isn't too cheesy.  Man, am I going to miss this show when this year's run is done.  I have the first season on DVD, but I need to buy the other ones available.  One day, I'll not only have all of these, but maybe by then they'll finally put my all-time favorite series out on DVD:  Hill Street Blues!!!!

87762[/snapback]

Hill Street was a great series. That and St. Elsewhere are favorites of mine. (not that you care)

Hill Street was a great series.  That and St. Elsewhere are favorites of mine. (not that you care)

87769[/snapback]

I loved St Elsewhere at first. It got kinda stale, but for a while, it was outstanding. I think those episodes are available on DVD, though I'm not 100% sure about that. I may be thinking of only the VHS availability. Hill Street used to be available through Columbia House on VHS, but not any more. You can find a "best of" floating around at some places, like Amazon.com and others. I'm waiting for the release on DVD though. I know it will happen at some point, especially when you see how many series are being released and how well they're doing in sales. Hill Street didn't have huge ratings like most shows, but had a diehard core of fans, like myself, that kept it on the air for 6 years and would love to own it on DVD.

I have gotten out of watching it last year - they kept moving it in and out of the lineup and I finally gave up.

87786[/snapback]

There's NO WAY I could ever give up on Blue. This year, they decided to run the episodes consecutively, so there's none of that mid-season replacement crap bogging things down.

There's NO WAY I could ever give up on Blue.  This year, they decided to run the episodes consecutively, so there's none of that mid-season replacement crap bogging things down.

87797[/snapback]

I've gotten out of series television in general.

I've gotten out of series television in general.

87805[/snapback]

There aren't that many great ones around, for sure. I do like the Law and Order shows, especially Criminal Intent. I also like the CSI shows. Basically, I like crime dramas the best. They usually have better writing and acting than sitcoms.

There aren't that many great ones around, for sure.  I do like the Law and Order shows, especially Criminal Intent.  I also like the CSI shows.  Basically, I like crime dramas the best.  They usually have better writing and acting than sitcoms.

87819[/snapback]

I like 'em too, it's just that I have higher priorities now so I don't make the time to watch them like I used to.

I didn't like the replacement for Angie Harmon ( :( )so I stopped watching Law & Order.

I agree with ya Rich on the whole decline of the sitcom. Every one of those shows have the same format: Slobbish dolt with a hot wife that he couldn't get in real life. That's why Seinfeld endures.

Wasn't the thing about HSB that the city was never mentioned by name, but all of the streets were from Buffalo?

I agree with ya Rich on the whole decline of the sitcom.  Every one of those shows have the same format:  Slobbish dolt with a hot wife that he couldn't get in real life.  That's why Seinfeld endures.

Wasn't the thing about HSB that the city was never mentioned by name, but all of the streets were from Buffalo?

87871[/snapback]

I'm not sure about the streets, but the outside scenes all look like Chicago.

I agree with ya Rich on the whole decline of the sitcom.  Every one of those shows have the same format:  Slobbish dolt with a hot wife that he couldn't get in real life.  That's why Seinfeld endures.

87871[/snapback]

One of the writers for HSB was from Buffalo, so all the street names were Buffalo streets. That was a good show, but NYPD Blue is one of my all-time favorites. I'm really going to miss it when it's done.

A similar show with some action and squad interaction is Rescue Me with Dennis Leary. I thought it was just like NYPD Blue as soon as I started watching it. It might make a good weekly replacement for NYPD Blue next year.

Blue is one of the greatest TV shows ever, IMHO.