Anyone going to the Inauguration?

I have a few requests in for tickets, expect to hear something soon.

Kinda plan on being sick that day. I mean really ill. Can't make it. Seriously, they sell tickets for that thing or are they passes?

No, but I've had an offer to rent my house out for the weekend for five figures.

Very nice. Would that be cash? Something that the IRS doesn't know about? That would kinda be cool and ironic actually with a lefty coming to power.

No, but I've had an offer to rent my house out for the weekend for five figures.

There's a joke in there somewhere. But I'm not going there, nor am I going to the Inauguration.

There's a movie marathon on TMC the day of the Inauguration, its " The day the Earth stood still. " :thumbsup:

There's a joke in there somewhere. But I'm not going there, nor am I going to the Inauguration.

I told my sister about it (on the phone), and she said I was an idiot not to take the deal. "Nah," I said, "anyone who pays fifty grand for a house for a weekend to see a presidential inauguration is stupid, and I don't want to take advantage of stupid people."

She responds: "What do you mean, you won't take advantage of stupid people???? You've been preparing for this your whole life!!!!!" I could hear my brother-in-law laughing hysterically in the background at that...

I told my sister about it (on the phone), and she said I was an idiot not to take the deal. "Nah," I said, "anyone who pays fifty grand for a house for a weekend to see a presidential inauguration is stupid, and I don't want to take advantage of stupid people."

She responds: "What do you mean, you won't take advantage of stupid people???? You've been preparing for this your whole life!!!!!" I could hear my brother-in-law laughing hysterically in the background at that...

So to spite her, you decided to join the ranks of the stupid people?

For 50k, you can build another toy house for the cats if the guests trash it.

So to spite her, you decided to join the ranks of the stupid people?

For 50k, you can build another toy house for the cats if the guests trash it.

No, I actually live there. It's not rental property.

I'll let 'em have the dog house for a grand. It's big enough to sleep three.

Well, I won't be there physically, but many of my elected representatives will be there. It is my fervent hope that they will be able to take a few moments out from doing the peoples work to welcome the new boss. My "peeps" will be there in the spirit of bipartisanship, the hands-across-the-aisle sense that I believe will permeate the next Congress.

After all, now that one party controls the legislative and executive branches, the solutions, positive policies, and nationwide remedies will flow across the land.

Let me have an A-Man.

I have a few requests in for tickets, expect to hear something soon.

Good luck it ain't happening unless you know someone from Chi Town. I made some calls and I forget what they said tickets were going for. Also, dress warm and don't bring anything in your pockets, it will be taken and you won't get it back. This is not a football game or something, the feds will dump it in a pile and send it to their burn furnaces. Security is going to be ridiculously tight and you will be frisked and watched at gun point.

I was in DC during the inauguration four years ago, looking at commercial real estate. What a friggin madhouse. 99% of those 'tickets' will get you standing in a big crowd about half a mile away from the stage.

Ah, there you go. Actually if I wanted to go watch I have a place indoors that would be awesome... but if you want to know you will have to pay me!