Is it up to the fans to "fix" the Bills

Bubbles 400

I really don't understand all this talk about how to "fix" the Bills

It is not up to us

I never played the game beyond high school. I don't think I, or the average fan is qualified to tell anyone how to run the team. Most of you are just spewing what you hear pencil-necks like John Clayton yap about. John Clayton is half crippled. He even has a treach scar, so I would bet he was born with birth defects. No harm intended, and I am glad the guy is able to function, but how can a guy like that talk about a physical game like football and have anyone take him seriously?

Let's leave it to the pros

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not up to us

I never played the game beyond high school. I don't think I, or the average fan is qualified to tell anyone how to run the team. Most of you are just spewing what you hear pencil-necks like John Clayton yap about. John Clayton is half crippled. He even has a treach scar, so I would bet he was born with birth defects. No harm intended, and I am glad the guy is able to function, but how can a guy like that talk about a physical game like football and have anyone take him seriously?

Hes the Crypt Keeper in my book.

Hes the Crypt Keeper in my book.

I agree. I think it is funny to hear people analyze the offense and D. I played in High School and have loved football for a long time. The schemes they run are way out of my league. I am not sure we understand how good coaches are because all we see is wins and losses. I am not as down on DJ and the team as others on this board.

It is not up to us

Britney Spears during an interview in 2003 was asked for her opinion regarding the war on terrorism. Her response, to paraphrase, "We should just trust the president."

You are right. We should never question or demand accountability from anybody or anything. We should just shut up, sit down, and bury our heads in the sand with the blissful ignorance that everything will be alright as long as we do not question.

Where do I sign up to be so stupid?

It is not up to us

It doesn't take a brilliant football mind to see how one coach compares to another in terms of winning. It just takes basic math. I don't have to know more about football than Jauron to know that he is outclassed on a weekly basis by those who do understand the game better than he does - the opposing coaches on other teams.

So is your basic point that because Jauron knows more than the fans that he isn't accountable for his lack of success? Nice logic there...

It is not up to us

A demanding fanbase is part of the equation that determines the success of a team. If the majority of fans accept 7-9 or 8-8 every year, Ralph will be plenty willing to pocket $30-40m per year and oblige the fanbase with mediocrity.

I agree. I think it is funny to hear people analyze the offense and D. I played in High School and have loved football for a long time. The schemes they run are way out of my league. I am not sure we understand how good coaches are because all we see is wins and losses. I am not as down on DJ and the team as others on this board.

Yes, indeed. As a high school lineman, I just had to know what my assignments were and all the semi-complicated stuff was going on behind me. Come to think of it, maybe the sissies in the stands have a BETTER understanding of the game than we do because they had a bird's eye view.

I am sure a jock-sniffing bishop polisher like John Clayton was on the AV crew, so he not only had a chance to see it all from the press box, he got to review the films. Maybe the Bills should hire John Clayton as head coach and the trombone player as his defensive coordinator

Britney Spears during an interview in 2003 was asked for her opinion regarding the war on terrorism. Her response, to paraphrase, "We should just trust the president."

You are right. We should never question or demand accountability from anybody or anything. We should just shut up, sit down, and bury our heads in the sand with the blissful ignorance that everything will be alright as long as we do not question.

Where do I sign up to be so stupid?

You really knocked me off-balance when you invoked George Bush and Brittney Spears. THAT WAS NOT fair. You made me stagger backwards into the ropes with those two idiots as your left jab and right right hook.

Now that I have shaken off that wicked combo, I am ready to respond....

Jaroon wants to win football games. His career and reputation depend upon it. The difference is that George Bush was manipulated by the likes of Dick Cheney and the rest of his Freemasonic handlers who were out to make big money off the military-industrial complex and WE are paying for it.

It doesn't take a brilliant football mind to see how one coach compares to another in terms of winning. It just takes basic math. I don't have to know more about football than Jauron to know that he is outclassed on a weekly basis by those who do understand the game better than he does - the opposing coaches on other teams.

Actually, that's only basic math if the teams are equal in every other respect, except for the HC. As we know that isn't true, simply comparing Wins and Loses doesn't give us an accurate reflection of the quality of the HC...plain and simple. It will ALWAYS involve speculation, observation and insight, to offer "opinions" on how good a HC is.

I do think it is rather stupid for us (myself included, from time to time) to think we know how to do the job better than Jauron (or whoever). But, just because we aren't experts, or part of Bills' management, doesn't mean we cant see a problem...and comment on it. I mean, plenty of people who aren't doctors sue doctors for malpractice all the time. Should we all just say, "He knows more than we do, so just let the whole killing my wife thing on the operating table, because he did the wrong procedure go?

If you aren't interested in talking about the good and the bad, praising and criticizing...why come to this message board?

A demanding fanbase is part of the equation that determines the success of a team. If the majority of fans accept 7-9 or 8-8 every year, Ralph will be plenty willing to pocket $30-40m per year and oblige the fanbase with mediocrity.

That logic applies in bigger markets like Dallas and NYC. They will fill the stadium regardless. Buffalo fans have to be LOYAL in good times and in bad. The Bills are the only game in town. It's more a a family than a business and fans must be patient or they will pack their bags and move to LA. We have to eat Ralph's poop and hope for the best

Actually, that's only basic math if the teams are equal in every other respect, except for the HC. As we know that isn't true, simply comparing Wins and Loses doesn't give us an accurate reflection of the quality of the HC...plain and simple. It will ALWAYS involve speculation, observation and insight, to offer "opinions" on how good a HC is.

I do think it is rather stupid for us (myself included, from time to time) to think we know how to do the job better than Jauron (or whoever). But, just because we aren't experts, or part of Bills' management, doesn't mean we cant see a problem...and comment on it. I mean, plenty of people who aren't doctors sue doctors for malpractice all the time. Should we all just say, "He knows more than we do, so just let the whole killing my wife thing on the operating table, because he did the wrong procedure go?

If you aren't interested in talking about the good and the bad, praising and criticizing...why come to this message board?

What is your football background, Dean?

That logic applies in bigger markets like Dallas and NYC. They will fill the stadium regardless. Buffalo fans have to be LOYAL in good times and in bad. The Bills are the only game in town. It's more a a family than a business and fans must be patient or they will pack their bags and move to LA. We have to eat Ralph's poop and hope for the best

Some would argue that the fans staying away from the games is what forced Ralph to open up the wallet and bring in Kelly, Bruce and the gang that went to four consecutive SBs. When ticket sales were sagging, concession sales down, parking revenue down, he realized that he needed to field a competitive team in order to remain viable. As long as the stadium is full, then he is in no danger of losing money, and does quite well with the team.

Now, I'm not saying that...but some would. <_<

I disagree with the point of this topic entirely. I think it is possible for fans to analyze what went wrong in our games and I think that the fans on this site have done a good job of it. I like to talk about the Xs and Os of football and I do know enough to criticize the bills. I do not think I am alone.

I also disagree with your asking of Dean to reveal his level of football experience. It is fun for posters to converse about football no matter what their experience level, and is is impolite to attempt to pull rank on others who may disagree by claiming their football experience makes them right.

What is your football background, Dean?

In the words of Chance the gardener, "I like to watch."

I played CB in high school for two years (1 JV and 1 Varsity) on a VERY crappy team.

I disagree with the point of this topic entirely. I think it is possible for fans to analyze what went wrong in our games and I think that the fans on this site have done a good job of it. I like to talk about the Xs and Os of football and I do know enough to criticize the bills. I do not think I am alone.

What is your football background, Hossage?

I played in college and for a nationally ranked high school. But I dont think it takes a knowledge of football nomenclature and in depth theory on exotic coverages to speculate as to whether the bills should run the ball more or less or whatever.

We agree that beyonce could upgrade us both. However, what is your background on being upgraded by females? Are you qualified to have that opinion?