On Jauron

BeastMode54

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any observations or insights into how this is not true? I mean really, I'd love to hear it.

You're wasting your time. Big Cat sees poor execution and doesn't connect that directly to coaching. Your argument will fall on deaf ears, here.

Do you have any observations or insights into how this is not true? I mean really, I'd love to hear it.

Come on reddog, it's well known around the NFL that Dick is a go-for-the-jugular coach! I mean, think of all the blowouts the Bills have had against teams (especially the bad ones).....

...there was that game against KC and....umm....did JP help us beat Cincy once...? I can't remember...

grab an umbrella, because you're about to encounter a "the coach picks the roster" hail storm.

Nevermind the fact that said roster was basically whiped completely clean and rebuilt THREE YEARS AGO.

Not counting the kicker and the punter ELEVEN players are left over from the Donahoe era. Of those 11 are finger in the dyke players: Denney, Kelsay, Losman, Preston and the marginal (at best) Roscoe Parish. The other SIX contributing players are: Evans, Reed, McGee, Greer, Peters, and the now injured Schobel.

That leaves five non-kickers that have played and contributed greatly this year who were not brought in by Jauron.

Rome wasn't built in a day, folks.

Have some fuggin patience. We all knew that reset button was slammed down in 2006, now let it play out!

I was on board with this sentiment until the collapse of the last six weeks. Given the strong start all this team had to do was play .500 ball for the rest of the season to 11-5 (a point at which I thought they guaranteed themselves a playoff spot. Keep in mind over the weeks since the strong start they are 2 - 6. If they had started the season with this record there is little doubt in my mind that Jauron is gone. The hanging chad now is - did he really get an extension?

If he stays - a big if - I think he is strongly pressured to get an experiienced OC and QB coach. Possibly even a new DC.

I understand that we are in for at least two more years of rebuilding if the reset button is pushed again. This is the difficulty in the current situation. At the same time, look at the rapid improvement of the fins.

You're wasting your time. Big Cat sees poor execution and doesn't connect that directly to coaching. Your argument will fall on deaf ears, here.

So when Lee's wide open down field, running what CLEARLY isn't a dummy route, and Trent doesn't throw him the ball, that's JAURON'S fault because?

I understand that we are in for at least two more years of rebuilding if the reset button is pushed again. This is the difficulty in the current situation. At the same time, look at the rapid improvement of the fins.

The Atlanta Falcons and Miami Dolphins would like to disagree with this statement.

In today's NFL with drafting and free agency, it takes absolute front office incompetence to not be able to create a playoff-calibre franchise in less than two years. Only in Buffalo do some fans feel that a 10-15 year rebuilding process is the "norm".

F#CK Jauron, F#CK our entire front office. We're going on 9+ years of NO PLAYOFFS. Where is the accountability to the fans? Where?!?!

So when Lee's wide open down field, running what CLEARLY isn't a dummy route, and Trent doesn't throw him the ball, that's JAURON'S fault because?

You want to dissect one single play instead of seeing the whole picture, and that's where your argument fails.

It's a combination of foibles, bad decisions, weak coaching, allowing his OC to be a total IDIOT, and seeing all those things, knowing that DJ runs a ship FULL of holes that he, himself, lacks the ability to plug week after week, that forces me to see how Trent, Rian, Roscoe, and basically the entire bunch of players, eventually lose focus and direction and panic out there. Have you not seen this before? Look at JP as a perfect example. He was ruined by the LAST coaching staff and THEIR inability to develop a tough-minded, studious, and SAVVY quarterback. And THIS coachign staff is destroying Trent, in a way that EVERY ex-QB in the role of commentator, is saying, namely CONFIDENCE.

And the culminating fact to nail this coffin shut is how Trent just allowed himself to be benched and told to lie about a completely fictitious injury, so his feeble, weak, pansy head coach could avoid scrutiny. Trent is dead in the water. Another JP.

I was on board with this sentiment until the collapse of the last six weeks. Given the strong start all this team had to do was play .500 ball for the rest of the season to 11-5 (a point at which I thought they guaranteed themselves a playoff spot. Keep in mind over the weeks since the strong start they are 2 - 6. If they had started the season with this record there is little doubt in my mind that Jauron is gone. The hanging chad now is - did he really get an extension?

If he stays - a big if - I think he is strongly pressured to get an experiienced OC and QB coach. Possibly even a new DC.

We've lost three games this year that we had no business losing: Miami (monumental collapse to end the game), Cleveland, and yesterday. The collapse in the Miami game and the latter two were HANDS DOWN Trent's worst performances of the year. We're not talking bad, we're talking HURRENDOUS. We're talking a fumble, a safety, and five interceptions in 9 quarters. And STILL, in each of those three games, we were in a position to win. Seems to me that our second year quarterback (for whom I still have patience) is much more to blame for our 6-6 record than the coaches.

We've lost three games this year that we had no business losing: Miami (monumental collapse to end the game), Cleveland, and yesterday. The collapse in the Miami game and the latter two were HANDS DOWN Trent's worst performances of the year. We're not talking bad, we're talking HURRENDOUS. We're talking a fumble, a safety, and five interceptions in 9 quarters. And STILL, in each of those three games, we were in a position to win. Seems to me that our second year quarterback (for whom I still have patience) is much more to blame for our 6-6 record than the coaches.

Honestly BC, can you tell me with a straight face that a coach like Jeff Fisher would have his team as ill-prepared for games as Dick has? That he wouldn't be able to sit a player like Trent down and get him back to an expected level of performance that Dick hasn't been able to?

I just can't see how you don't think the failure of this franchise isn't at the feet of the coaches.

Big Cat, when he was heading into the locker room at Halftime, Dick was stopped by the chick working for FOX covering the game and asked to make an assessment. She said, and I quote, "Coach Jauron stopped and simply said, 'We simply can't miss that Field Goal there', and walked off."

Not a mention of any "injury" to Trent's groin, even later he states that they knew about it from basically the beginning of the GAME. He blamed his kicker. No mention of the bad time out calls and the poor execution that his OC caused with his poor playcalling and poor sets. He blamed Rian Lindell.

He is not only a horrible coach, but he can't FACE the FACT that he makes huge mistakes and instead HURLS his players under the bus without provocation.

He needs to first be fired, then beaten up. Bad.

You want to dissect one single play instead of seeing the whole picture, and that's where your argument fails.

It's a combination of foibles, bad decisions, weak coaching, allowing his OC to be a total IDIOT, and seeing all those things, knowing that DJ runs a ship FULL of holes that he, himself, lacks the ability to plug week after week, that forces me to see how Trent, Rian, Roscoe, and basically the entire bunch of players, eventually lose focus and direction and panic out there. Have you not seen this before? Look at JP as a perfect example. He was ruined by the LAST coaching staff and THEIR inability to develop a tough-minded, studious, and SAVVY quarterback. And THIS coachign staff is destroying Trent, in a way that EVERY ex-QB in the role of commentator, is saying, namely CONFIDENCE.

And the culminating fact to nail this coffin shut is how Trent just allowed himself to be benched and told to lie about a completely fictitious injury, so his feeble, weak, pansy head coach could avoid scrutiny. Trent is dead in the water. Another JP.

I'm not using one play, I'm using what I observed during an AN ENTIRE HALF OF FOOTBALL yesterday, at the game. When was the last time you saw Trent make the decision to throw deep IMMEDIATELY after dropping back? He doesn't. It's his last option because he won't make the throw unless the guy is WIDE OPEN. Now watch highlights of deep plays made by Eli, Big Ben, Bulger, Warner, MATT RYAN, or any other QB who's worth his own spit. Not only do they pull the trigger quick, they often put it into traffic and the receiver make the play. Again, when has Trent EVER done this? I take that back, he did it ONCE yesterday, and I was happy just to see it go up. It was incomplete but at least he TRIED!

In order for a team to succeed in the NFL, they need a coach that they believe in and will follow (drink the coolaid so to speak). Changing coaches and coordinators every year or two does not help a team develop into a winner. Jauron might not be the guy, but Coughlin wasn't the guy for the Giants for the first 3 years. They finally fell in line behind him and started winning games. Pats too. New coach next year = 7-9.

Jauron next year = 7-9 if they are lucky so whats your point? and Im not really buying a new coach automatically means another losing season either. Marty Schottenheimer would have this team competing and probably making the playoffs next year. I understand his playoff record but we should be concerned with this team just making the playoffs and worry about winning once they get there.

even with the issues with Coughlin and their players they were still competing and at least made the playoffs

Honestly BC, can you tell me with a straight face that a coach like Jeff Fisher would have his team as ill-prepared for games as Dick has? That he wouldn't be able to sit a player like Trent down and get him back to an expected level of performance that Dick hasn't been able to?

I just can't see how you don't think the failure of this franchise isn't at the feet of the coaches.

What does falling apart in the last four possessions of a game have to do with preparation? What do 3 first quarter interceptions (one of them tipped at the line, one of them a mile behind the receiver) have to do with preparation? What does giving up 10 points at home have to do with a LACK of preparation? And just to hammer home the point: What does missing a 20 yard field goal have to do with preparation?

The last time I checked, the players make more money than the coaches.

I'm not using one play, I'm using what I observed during an AN ENTIRE HALF OF FOOTBALL yesterday, at the game. When was the last time you saw Trent make the decision to throw deep IMMEDIATELY after dropping back? He doesn't. It's his last option because he won't make the throw unless the guy is WIDE OPEN. Now watch highlights of deep plays made by Eli, Big Ben, Bulger, Warner, MATT RYAN, or any other QB who's worth his own spit. Not only do they pull the trigger quick, they often put it into traffic and the receiver make the play. Again, when has Trent EVER done this? I take that back, he did it ONCE yesterday, and I was happy just to see it go up. It was incomplete but at least he TRIED!

And again, you make NO connection to COACHING when you describe players who develop into gutsy, SMART players who make smart decisions and act like Generals out there. Face it, you refuse to see how bad coaches and coordinators combine to ruin a player's development and make him look like a dud when another coach might make him look like a genius, because he has genius of his OWN that he knows how to IMPART on his players.

Big Cat, when he was heading into the locker room at Halftime, Dick was stopped by the chick working for FOX covering the game and asked to make an assessment. She said, and I quote, "Coach Jauron stopped and simply said, 'We simply can't miss that Field Goal there', and walked off."

Not a mention of any "injury" to Trent's groin, even later he states that they knew about it from basically the beginning of the GAME. He blamed his kicker. No mention of the bad time out calls and the poor execution that his OC caused with his poor playcalling and poor sets. He blamed Rian Lindell.

He is not only a horrible coach, but he can't FACE the FACT that he makes huge mistakes and instead HURLS his players under the bus without provocation.

He needs to first be fired, then beaten up. Bad.

Okay, well the only other person you mentioned here that ACTUALLY made a mistake (according to you) was Schonert. And don't profess to know the details of the groin debacle. Let's not bring conjecture into this anymore than it's already been.

Okay, well the only other person you mentioned here that ACTUALLY made a mistake (according to you) was Schonert. And don't profess to know the details of the groin debacle. Let's not bring conjecture into this anymore than it's already been.

And because neither of us has ever been to the moon, which of us gets to argue that the moon is made of cheese? :huh:

And again, you make NO connection to COACHING when you describe players who develop into gutsy, SMART players who make smart decisions and act like Generals out there. Face it, you refuse to see how bad coaches and coordinators combine to ruin a player's development and make him look like a dud when another coach might make him look like a genius, because he has genius of his OWN that he knows how to IMPART on his players.

And in the league today (or any day for that matter) there might be one MAY BE two second year quarterbacks who meet your demands, and AT BEST five coaches who can have this genius by osmosis effect on their players. Plain and simple.

Now, if you want to argue that Jauron and Trent aren't in the elite, fine, I'll accept that. Apparently you wouldn't be happy unless they were. As a fan, you're perfectly welcomed to those sorts of demands. Understand though, there's a HUGE different between "HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE" and not-elite.