I hate to spoil the pity party ....

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're missing the point. Winning attitude is about staying in the present and focusing on what you have to do now. It's not about making projections other than "we do this and good things will happen." I'm not about to roll over and play dead for any team in this league.

That's great that you won't. Too bad you're not the Bills, who have already rolled over and played dead against: the Cardinals, the Dolphins, the Browns and the 49ers, all games Buffalo could have and / or should have won. Pick any two and change them into wins, (in other words we're pretending the Bills would not have rolled over and played dead at least against say; the Browns and 49ers), and Buffalo's 8-4-0 talking about winning the AFC East and maybe even securing a bye.

But alas, as much as your optimism is refreshing, the Bills are a pathetic 6-6-0, mentioned as a wild card or AFC East contender only because of math, and not because anyone really thinks they have a chance at either.

I will be rooting on the Bills to run the table. The problem i see is overall confidence of the team - they just dont have the playmakers to step up when they need a play against a good team. The coaching staff lack of adjustments (ie against the cover 2, 3-4 different looks) they have not been able to make the right adjustments to average at best (or worst Def like SF, Cle, etc.)

The health of Trent also is crucial if he cant go we have no shot. They need to come out this week against the Dolphins are played some inspired ball. All the players say they dont listen to the media and fans, but you have to be kidding yourself after getting off to such a good start 5-1 that they are not confident and are pointing fingers at coaches, players, etc.

It really makes you appreciate how competitive the NFL is besides a few teams the rest of the league is pretty even. There is so much talent it really comes down to gameplan, confidence, and attitude. The Bills at this point are lacking in all 3. I hope they have enough pride and gas in the tank to put a little run together.

Lets Go Bills

I know it's a long shot us winning out, but hey that would be the attitude of a perenial winning franchise like Steelers or Colts right now. They'd say hey guys, let's get on a roll now, be physical, and take these next 4 and I like our chances. That's the exact attitude Bills need right now, otherwise they are doomned, not just this year, but every year until they adopt that approach.

Whatever it is you're smoking, I want some of it.

I agree with you. The Bills have to finish the season with an attitude that they will win out, and the rest is history or out of their hands.

As always I will be watching and cheering.

Yes today's loss sucked. And going 1 & 5 in our last 6 sucked harder. But if Bills beat Miami next week, they will be:

- tied with them at 7 & 6;

- could also be tied with Pats if they lose to Seattle, which they could after today's brutal beating and needing to travel to west coast;

- could be one game behind Jets as today could also the mark the beginning of a losing streak of their own given they also travel to west coast to play 9ers (who aren't all that bad, as we saw today).

Even if we win and Jets and Pats win, we're still very much in the thick of it as the week after we play the Jets. Win that and worst case we're a game behind them, likely ahead of Fins and tied with Pats. I could see us winning that too because although I like the talent the Jets have, I think they're coach Mangini is a fraud and could show his true colors down the stretch.

Win the next week against Broncos and I see us ahead of Pats who play Cards that week in what I think is a terrible mismatch for Pats secondary. And Fins should be well behind in our rear view mirror.

That sets up big showdown against Pats in Buffalo in last game of season. If it means everything is on the line, I could see Bills and their fans pulling one out and stealing the AFC east. And of course a 10 & 6 record gives us a good chance of capturing the wild card in the (I think) unlikely scenario we run the table from here and don't win the division. Running the table almost certainly puts us no worse than 2nd in AFC east, which means the wildcard competition comes from outside the division from Colts and Ravens. I am willing to concede Colts one of those spots, but I think Ravens are headed for a meltdown now with Skins, Steelers, Cowboys and Jags their remaining games. So I'd say 10&6 gives us 50/50 chance of catching them too.

I know it's a long shot us winning out, but hey that would be the attitude of a perenial winning franchise like Steelers or Colts right now. They'd say hey guys, let's get on a roll now, be physical, and take these next 4 and I like our chances. That's the exact attitude Bills need right now, otherwise they are doomned, not just this year, but every year until they adopt that approach.

I agree with you. The Bills have to finish the season with an attitude that they will win out, and the rest is history or out of their hands.

As always I will be watching and cheering throwing stuff at my TV, pulling my hair out, and wondering why I do this to myself every week...

FIXED! :devil:

That all sounds great in a fantasy world, but they have a better chance of losing their last 4 than they do winning them, in fact, the way they are playing, I am thinking they probably will lose their last 4 games. Why am I such a sucker, every year at this time I am so fed up with the underachieving and lackluster play, but come training camp and preseason, I am there with everyone else having high hopes and dreams for the new year-only to be crushed again. They have no chance of a playoff this year (sure mathematically maybe, but really? be honest?), and probably won't next year either. Now that the Cardinals are going to win their division this year, we have the distinction of having the longest time span since the last playoff appearance. Is it possible that the organization still hasn't recovered from the Music City Ripoff?